Sign in to follow this  
USMCRP3

USS Nimitz

Quote[/b] ]Quote (USMCRP3 @ Jan. 07 2007,01:58)

Roger that, does that mean I get a prize?

Semper Fidelis!!!

Why, do you want one?

Nice...... Anyway back to the Nimitz:

We are working a repair and refueling script. Where would you gents like to see this? On the deck or in the hull? maybe an automated crane?

I've been on the Nimitz deck about 20 times, however, we were PTing and running from aft to forward. Didn't pay much attention to what was going on...... Wish I did now:)

perhaps an animated crew on deck with refuel truck and bombs or something? I don't know how it works in real life but i think having to go below decks to rearm/refuel misses an opportunity to have some nice ground crew scurrying around your aircraft as you wait to get back in the fight biggrin_o.gif

That probably won't be doable unitl tools are out, but who knows, I'm just guessing. Would be a nice touch however, a lot of work too.

Some eye candy features on a Carrier deck would no doubtly need to be run soley on host/server to keep order and coordination of carrier actions, other features would probably be best run optionally on the client's PC.

I could see something like this causing a desynch nightmare if not coded correctly.

My view of this is some of these additional features might be feasible, but I believe a lot of what we really want to happen on a carrier will have to wait until Game 2 from BIS arrives.

Quote[/b] ]Very interesting addon! Hopefully it will be released soon!

Gents, No updates as of now, we are focusing on other add-ons at the moment. As soon as we finalize all the animations we will release a beta version for input.

Semper Fidelis! <-----Always Faithful!

I know a VERY good scripter, but he speak spanish.

I will ask him (if you haven't found anyone yet) and if he doesn't kwon English i will be the translator.

I'm horrible writing as you can see, but i understand very well.

Just tell, i'm going to answer as fast as i (or he) can.

A PM, please smile_o.gif

EDIT: Well, i didn't see any of the other pages tounge2.gif but anyway, if you need help, speak to me.

awesome, all we need is some F-14 tomcat's smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

The best Military Aircraft, in my opinion of course. I have never been even near of one, but damn, if i had enjoy a lot of games with that plane.

was i imagining things or do ye have a huey imported in to arma because if you do send it our way

was i imagining things or do ye have a huey imported in to arma because if you do send it our way

INDEED

Uploading that Huey RIGHT now!

Will we be able to move that Carier, or will it be static?

keep it easy, just make the carrier work like a support truck or several biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hey nice to see one of the BIG one's beeing converted to Arma. Even if i think that a Tarawa would be more usefull

But keep it on guys! Let's bring the Navy to the game!

You mean like this one?

http://www.semper-fi.org/ArmA/USMC/LCAC/LHA.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about. That fits perfectly into the Marine aviation platforms in ArmA. The carrier... well... that doesn't really fit too well right now, at least not until someone releases a proper flat-deck bird, i.e. an F-18 variant.

Great work through!

Is there any advance on this?huh.gif after last january there was huge leap almost 6 months post.

@Marines:

lhaclasswip01ut9.jpg

As you can see one LHA is modeled. It needs textures and the others functional LODs. But it is at the end of the "To Do List".

@Marines:

As you can see one LHA is modeled. It needs textures and the others functional LODs. But it is at the end of the "To Do List".

Nice!

I'd still like too see the LHD class make an appearance, as I was on that boat on '01 with the 24th MEU (USS Kearsarge). They're improved versions of the LHA class, a bit larger, and can hold a few more LCACs.

Any update on this? I really would be fine with a static version right now that can repair/refuel.

After 5 months I bet they just forgot to post the updates since the last post. Thank god someone gave a reminder. rofl.gif

Just havin' a little fun. Sorry Kaio23, no offense meant. Seriously though, I hope these fellas are alright. Many of them haven't posted since last fall/summer. Hopefully that's due to placid events and nothing serious. Maybe somebody could chime in if they are in the know.

Semper Fi

I've discovered it's just a port of an old OFP add-on. Just google "Hawks" and "Nimitz" and it'll be one of the first finds. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it ported to ArmA as a static object, I really don't know what to make of the CFG files.