Sign in to follow this  
stisoas

flickering texture at high distance....

I run arma with an X1900XT. drivers 6.11.

i noticed at long distance, many texture flicks on the building , the road etc ...

i think , it's more related to drivers settings. BUT , i dont know wich parameter is concerned. whistle.gif

It's the game. Same here with GF7600.

And before anyone says lower the texture detail. I know it and it's BS.

Same problem with the Demo (after the 5116 Patch - before it was fine) - Flickering textures (especially the sky).  In game weapons models don't have their skin (so they look like toy soldier weapons).

Specs:

Asus P5L VM 1394

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4Ghz

2GB Ram

Audigy 4

Sata2 HDD (300+)

Nvidia 8800GTS 640Mb

Nvidia 97.44 Drivers

DirectX 9.0C

Windows 2003 X64

I had this problem (maybe the same as yours) when I used AF. It's very noticable when I zoom in or use binocs. For me, depending on how low or high it's set, I will see the "middleish" radius of textures flicker with the "closer" and "farther" textures showing up fine.

Try turning it off and see if that solves it. If not, must be a different problem.

no doubt it's a zbuffer problem... with the closer stuff being easier to calculate and the further stuff being lod'd down to where there isn't a problem.

Nope turned everything to low which didn't make a lot of difference to the problem that I am having. I am still perplexed as to how it was running normally (no flickering problems) in demo build 5110 to flickering problems in 5116?

I have now included a screenshot, to see if it helps any.

ama.jpg

Specs:

Asus P5L VM 1394

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4Ghz

2GB Ram

Audigy 4

Sata2 HDD (300+)

Nvidia 8800GTS 640Mb

Nvidia 97.44 Drivers (International)

DirectX 9.0C

Windows 2003 X64

Sorry to bump the thread yet again -- problem has been solved by installing new nvidia drivers, 97.92 fixed all issues to do with flickering or yellow textures appearing in the game.

This was a problem with ofp too.  For me at least. Not like in the picture, but a little flickering of texture at a distance.

I just want to say that I've got the 97.92 drivers installed, but I've still got the flickering bug.

I only have to move the cursor a few degrees above or below the horizontal to set the flickering off.

***WARNING! DONT PLAY THIS GAME IF YOU HAVE EPILEPSY***

My specs:

CPU, QX6700.

GPU, GF8800 gtx.

Mobo, Asus striker extreme.

2 gigs memory.

Windows XP Prof.

This was a problem with ofp too. For me at least. Not like in the picture, but a little flickering of texture at a distance.

Yup, something I saw in OFP quite a lot, and still see in ArmA. A bit less, though