Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Lost-World Returns

Did someone say update? wow_o.gif

Its not a lot, but for those who would like to see some WIP of some animations and renders, we have a "youtube" account where you can view our latest vids.

YouTube Account

There isn't a lot on there ATM for obvious reasons, but when we start to get characters in game, along with anims, you can expect to see some very exciting teasers smile_o.gif

Hope this update will feed your hunger for a few days until the release of the website.

Nick

that is just so damn sweet i love the t-rex run it looks so realistic when you look at it from the front inlove.gifinlove.gif damn that is soooo sweet thanks so much smiley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did someone say update? wow_o.gif

Its not a lot, but for those who would like to see some WIP of some animations and renders, we have a "youtube" account where you can view our latest vids.

YouTube Account

There isn't a lot on there ATM for obvious reasons, but when we start to get characters in game, along with anims, you can expect to see some very exciting teasers smile_o.gif

Hope this update will feed your hunger for a few days until the release of the website.

Nick

Very impressive animations notworthy.gif Keep up the good work.

IMO the trex run (it's walking BTW, smiley must have been confused) looks better from behind. Head movement is a bit wierd. Tough I think all my anims are quite mediocre tounge2.gif .

See? I told ya! :D

That was so planned.

Anywho, vid's looking great. As for the website, I'm estimating it's done by atleast May, if not something has gone terribly wrong and none of the information has arrived in time.

We'll keep you posted.

See? I told ya! biggrin_o.gif

That was so planned.

Indeed it was nener.gif

All I really want to know is will this addon allow the following equation;

Me + FN FAL + Deinoncyhus pack trying hunt my arse down

Very nice models so far, also to add to the earlier discussion on the Deinoncyhus wikipedia lists their hip height as 1.2m which would put their head around human head height. The raptors from the JP movies basically were Deinoncyhus with a different name.

Hi Reddog, i can try and answer that equation for you smile_o.gif

Reddog + L1A1 wink_o.gif = Potentially a hard bastard but life expectancy, a few hours

Reddog + L1A1 + Human Players or AI = Dangerous

All of the above + x3 Deinoncyhus packs. = Survival of the fittest

As for the movie comment, yes your right.

smile_o.gif

Looking forward to this! I had so much fun with the mod in OFP:R.

ahyea?how is it is the AI good?do dinos eat and all that?

Suggest you read this, give's a little bit of information on how the dino's will react etc etc.

Welcome to Lost World Returns

The official launch of the website and forum

promosmall.jpg

Website - www.lostworldreturns.co.uk

Thats right ladies and gents, after many months hard at work, we can finally show you our efforts. We would like to present to you our official website and forum where members can congress and users can browse and collect information.

I hope you like the look and feel, and be sure to check the forum for any ideas you might have!

Happy browsing and we hope to see you on the forum!

Many thanks

Development Team

The site looks nice, Smiley_Nick! thumbs-up.gif

I especially liked the small detail of the < and > markers reminding me of OFP briefing biggrin_o.gif

Though I do wonder what the shark was about in the pictures section... and you didn't mention all those marine dinos! wow_o.gif

He did, or other members did in the earlier pages of this thread. Atleast I think they were.

is it still there? i can recall they tore it down to restore it

as it was getting old and started crumblin

but yea

they have pretty cool species there

BUZZARD @ May 09 2007,13:46)]Though I do wonder what the shark was about in the pictures section...

sharks are one off the oldest species

if I remember right, the first of their kind lived before the first land animals, long time before the first dino

QuietMan

is it still there? i can recall they tore it down to restore it

as it was getting old and started crumblin

but yea

they have pretty cool species there

*argh, Klugscheiß :-P *

Ok, they restore it in canada, but in few days the museum will reopen with new material and some new stuff.

klugscheißer? ich geb dir gleich klugscheißer biggrin_o.gif

hey well its been awhile since ive heard about it so ..

biggrin_o.gif

yes, right, btw. I remember me, that there is a copy in the new "Hauptbahnhof".

So guy's if you need some photomaterial I would go out and take some photos for you. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the comments guys and girls!

I would be interested in that offer raptor, so if you honestly don't mind going there and taking some pictures, i am sure they will prove most useful!

Thankyou for the offer.

Once the tools are out you can see more productivity, but we will try and keep things "fresh" until then.

Nick

http://www.armedassault.info/pics/news/lw1.jpg

When I was looking at this picture here I was just thinking, "Firing = ringing the lunch bell" biggrin_o.gif

Taking an M16/M4 series weapon into a dino rich environment would be akin to suicide, you'd be crazy to carry anything under 7.62 NATO.

You'd probably also want a lot of under slung grenade launchers and the odd .50 or two in your squad to take out the big boys yay.gif

johancopy99nq4.gif

We have opened up a topic on our forums for people to comment on any content they would like to see in the mod.

If it’s good enough we will include it, and give the necessary credits to the author of the idea in our credits.

So what’s stopping you, register, get posting, and give us your ideas! We have had some great ones already!

(Registeration Required in order to view and post)

Enter

Dev Team

I like your concept art , and being a concept artist my self for the now comatose operation Farmland where non of my work was released iam also jelous tounge2.gif