Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Lost-World Returns

@ Teaser

Dont worry the environment will be as expected in that time period smile_o.gif

No beta testers are required yet (what a surprise there!wink_o.gifwhistle.gif

Nick

i really enjoyed the beta for OFP so i cant wait for this.

its looking good and i hope you can get the needed team to create the mod biggrin_o.gif

Really exciting stuff there. Love the idea of dynamic eco-systems and dynamic interaction with scenery. I'll be keeping an eye on this mod very closely.

Good luck with it mate,

not really a big fan of dinos but I will be sure to keep an eye on the project and pimp it where possible wink_o.gif

This mod is further proof of the OFP/ArmA flexibility... just darn great!

Smiley_Nick, you said that the animations were going to be made by an external professional animator... I wonder, could it be ILM? biggrin_o.gif

hehe i wish smile_o.gif

No its in fact a friend of mine who works on the tv series "dogfights" More information here

Im not sure if anyone watches it, i don't have sky sad_o.gif, but its very good from the clips. And he specializes in character animations (in maya), plus he likes dinosaurs, so a perfect combo smile_o.gif

Nick

I've seen the adverts on the history channel (uk), i think, and it looks good. Quite similar to shootouts by the looks of it.

I was going to say, if anyone has any ideas for a story line, or certain events that they would like to see, or certain game features, be sure to let us know smile_o.gif

Hi,

I am intersting of this mod from the first screen shot of dinosaur on ofp, but I has been a little disapointed about the island that I found not enough natural. It was a shame when we see the quality of dinosaurs which are beatiful (the arma pictures ones are wonderful).

So before you post this topic I engaged myself in doing my own island (instead of saying what you should do), and made some research about which island should be great for a jurasic adventure.

I ll use arcview, dem and strm data to begin to modify basis data of true island, as official tools are unrealised, (I hope that some format will be compatible).

I followed too, some months ago, a jurassic mod for far cry, but they closed their website and abandoning the development. I am trying to find them (unsuccessfuly) to get their jurassic models (the best fences and jeep ever). A multiplayer beta was released but I do not know if we can get the model from the compiled game.

I did a first plan of an island inspiring of the maui island in Hawaï county:

http://www.devzik.com/perso/island.jpg>100kb

But I think (after flying over google earth) that the french réunion island (est of madagascar) should be realy great for a such environment. Reduce by twice, it would be aproximately 20km by 20km, with great plain and montain.

http://www.devzik.com/perso/r%e9union.jpg>100kb

apparently you guys have taken on a modeller by the msn name of RR_legacy_raptor_65? good on you guys , he's a great modeller and knows a shitload about dinos. good thing is he already has models he can give you (though you probably already know that)

@boumboumjack

Nice idea, do you have a team to help you? And are you going to see this project through? If you are serious about this, then pop me a PM and we can talk. (ps images are too large mate)

@icehollow

You must be his friend, thankyou for showing him our project, he has shown me his work and i was very impressed, Thankyou smile_o.gif

Nick

@boumboumjack: Please do not hotlink images >100kb, it's a rule here (you should have read the rules during registration process). smile_o.gif

Hi,

I am intersting of this mod from the first screen shot of dinosaur on ofp, but I has been a little disapointed about the island that I found not enough natural. It was a shame when we see the quality of dinosaurs which are beatiful (the arma pictures ones are wonderful).

So before you post this topic I engaged myself in doing my own island (instead of saying what you should do), and made some research about which island should be great for a jurasic adventure.

I ll use arcview, dem and strm data to begin to modify basis data of true island, as official tools are unrealised, (I hope that some format will be compatible).

I followed too, some months ago, a jurassic mod for far cry, but they closed their website and abandoning the development. I am trying to find them (unsuccessfuly) to get their jurassic models (the best fences and jeep ever). A multiplayer beta was released but I do not know if we can get the model from the compiled game.

I did a first plan of an island inspiring of the maui island in Hawaï county:

blockquote><p>Sounds great! But don

http://www.games.bmj.pl/uploads....g

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/43/files2/35472_5.jpg

http://moddb.com/images/cache/mods/28/2880/gallery/water_37415.jpg

Its good, don't get me wrong..but I wouldn't really say its all that great, much less "the best". There wasn't really much research done on it by the looks of things. The half life 2 mod had a better one but it too had some bad innacuraicies. Still, the biggest shame is that neither of these two mods were really ever released.

I have already made the mod another jeep with more accuracy and detail, it only clocks out at 4973 faces and 5823 vetex's. The trick has been learning to map in 3dmax and apply the normal maps. Now that I have successfully done both, I can do such with the jeep. Once its ready I'll post some images and you'll see what I mean.

And the more islands the merrier http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/smile_o.gif' alt='smile_o.gif'>

@xnodunitx

Lol, you re totaly right about the island and model, it was better in my mind for the models:)

I am trying to take this island just as base and modified it, to create a river (impossible with the true elevation), roads montain (there is some in sahrani) and some other things to make this island attractive as possible...

@raedor

I am sorry for the size, I thought that as it was on my website... so sorry

http://jurassic-life.game-lab.com/

If someone know a great tool to use dem and srtm data and modding ground...

U are full of mp, but I am serious to do this job nick

This is a small announcement to anyone that it concerns.

There might of been some confusion about this topic, but if anyone from the old JP mod team is reading this, and feels like they have been left out, this is not the case, we did contact the remaining email address we had to see if anyone wanted to rejoin, but we got no reply.

So if you are from the old 1.96 project, please PM me and we can talk.

Many thanks

Nick

wooot raptor let me choose the next two dinosaur models he would do biggrin_o.gif . i ended up choosing a tanystropheus (looks like loch ness monster sorta except this one isn't 100% aquatic) and a dimetrodon. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif and damm! he got them done FAST , they look good too.

that swim with fishes is nice ...

reminds me that vanila ArmA needs some sharks and dolphins too smile_o.gif

that swim with fishes is nice ...

reminds me that vanila ArmA needs some sharks and dolphins too smile_o.gif

well if you wanted sharks you'll be happy to know that good ol' raptor has already done a Great white and a Megalodon (sp? anyway imagine a maaaaasssive huuuged great white and thats it).

Did someone mention the word "fish"?   rofl.gif

(sorry couldn't resist), may i present to you Leedsichthys problematicus is the largest fish known to have ever inhabited Earth's oceans.

fish1nw7uh6.th.jpg

looks scarry to swim in those waters crazy_o.gif

so, more land animals and now water, any phterodactyls (sp?) for the sky?