Sign in to follow this  
binkster

Tank factory addon

This addon that comes with ArmA Land_garaz_bez_tanku is basically same thing that was in ofp. It is the heavy factory if you remember cti. I have made a config file to change the values like for example armor=500 but this building will not destory. I would like to use this in a cti. Not sure if its a bug or if bis made this building indestructable. I have gone in the editor and set dammage to 1 and it falls to the ground but unlike other buildings it does not leave a pile of rubble. If anyone can help me with some command or script here is what i have so far. I have successfully made the barracks destroy. Using armor = 500 which only 2 satchles will destroy but i cannot destroy the heavy..

class WestHeavyfactory:Land_garaz_bez_tanku

{ side = TWest;

displayName = $STRMFHEAVYFACTORY;

armor=500; (((does not work)))

destrType="DestructBuilding";

scope = public;

};

It could be something related to the model characteristics. I remember when I made some buildings for ofp you can change the destruct type in one of the model LODs, ie house, fence, etc. It could be that the new engine doesn't recognize the config entry over the model entry.

I found out the problem it had to do with some values set in the mission itself. It is a old cti mission im working of of from ofp. But the pile of rubble still isnt there afterwards. Could use some advice on alternate ways to destroy a building so workers in the cti can rebuild because once builings are destroyed there is no more.

I found out the problem it had to do with some values set in the mission itself. It is a old cti mission im working of of from ofp. But the pile of rubble still isnt there afterwards. Could use some advice on alternate ways to destroy a building so workers in the cti can rebuild because once builings are destroyed there is no more.

oh oh, in OFP the model for destroyed buildings was just deformed

Arma replaces the model with the rumble heap (if available).

I don't know if Arma supports changing back to the original model. Maybe you have to delete the heap and replace the building.

If nothing else helps, you have to use static units for cti buildings, but this will be a major overhaul of cti scripts.

You know that people at CR-CTI are working on CTI for Arma? (There was even a "leaked" beta)

maybe they can help you (or you them?)

QuietMan

Ok I need a script that can change a building when its destoryed. Maybe put the building 80% underground to give a destoryed look. Any Ideas on how to script that would be great...........