Sign in to follow this  
Raz0rx

Mission Insertion

Yo.

I am thinking of doing a mission where you start in an AI flown Blackhawk, and land for insertion, on a selected point on the island.

Is this possible, and how do i do it?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks. notworthy.gif

Yes, it's possible (of course it is wink_o.gif ). For detailed instructions on basic mission editing, check out the tutorial section in the editors depot on ofpec.com.

player moveincargo aiflownhelo. Then place a invisible H(under objects) and near it do a waypoint for the helo with onactivation: aiflownhelo land "land" . When you want it to leave then make a trigger with condition: not (player in aiflownhelo) and onactivation aiflownhelo domove getpos base. and base is any object you give the name base tounge2.gif

I'll help you out Raz0rx:

1st: Create a unit: you. In the initialisation field, type:

this moveInCargo chopper1; this assignAsCargo chopper1

2nd: Create a helicopter and call it "chopper1" (in the name field)

note: make sure the helo and you are not in the same group

3rd: Place an invisible H on the spot where you want the helo to set you down (if you look under Empty -> objects, invisible H should be there)

4th: Set a waypoint for the helo on the invisible H, and make sure the waypoint type is "Cargo Unload"

5th: set a waypoint for yourself there, and make sure the type is set to "get out.

6th: Then, synchronise chopper1's Unload waypoint and your Get Out waypoint by selecting "Synchronise" in the tool bar on the right and drawing a line connecting the two.

Try it out. It should work.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll try that out, essemm.

I'm new to the editor, used it a little in Flashpoint, but only created very very basic 2 player sabotage coop missions.

player moveincargo aiflownhelo. Then place a invisible H(under objects) and near it do a waypoint for the helo with onactivation: aiflownhelo land "land" . When you want it to leave then make a trigger with condition: not (player in aiflownhelo) and onactivation aiflownhelo domove getpos base. and base is any object you give the name base tounge2.gif

On my MP Coop missions, i use blackhawk Land "Get Out"; blackhawk FlyInHeight 0; Dont really know if the latter is needed, but when you want chopper to take off, simply use blackhawk FlyInHeight 50; or whatever height you want. Then it will carry on its waypoints, if you want it to come in later and pick up up. Also remember (still in coop) that in Arma the choppers still wont pass waypoints at height above a certain height, think its 100huh.gif.

Cheers

GC

Its not a way point "Cargo Unload" use the way point "Transport Unload" instead and don't have the way point directly on top of the H because the helicopter will overshoot it and have to turn around or slowly fly backwards.

I'll help you out Raz0rx:

1st: Create a unit: you. In the initialisation field, type:

2nd: Create a helicopter and call it "chopper1" (in the name field)

note: make sure the helo and you are not in the same group

3rd: Place an invisible H on the spot where you want the helo to set you down (if you look under Empty -> objects, invisible H should be there)

4th: Set a waypoint for the helo on the invisible H, and make sure the waypoint type is "Cargo Unload"

5th: set a waypoint for yourself there, and make sure the type is set to "get out.

6th: Then, synchronise chopper1's Unload waypoint and your Get Out waypoint by selecting "Synchronise" in the tool bar on the right and drawing a line connecting the two.

Try it out. It should work.

I finally got around to doing this, and when i put in;

moveInCargo chopper1; this assignAsCargo chopper1

Into the Initialization field of my unit, it says: Missing ;

What do i do? (I've already created the chopper, too... and called it chopper1)

and when i put in<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

moveInCargo chopper1; this assignAsCargo chopper1

I guess it should read<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

You forgot the first "this" or was it a typo?

Aaah crap, i thought "this" meant type THIS >

Yeah, my bad... i'll go try it out now.

Thanks.

EDIT: It worked, but is there any way to have the Chopper already in flight when the mission starts?

I start it and the Chopper is on the ground and just starts the engine.

EDIT2: I did the invisible H thing and set the waypoint, but the Chopper just takes off and spins around in circles in the air...

EDIT3 (argh): Ok, i set the Chopper waypoint, to Transport Unload, then i tried to set a waypoint for my unit to Get Out, but the Transport Unload waypoint has a line going to my unit, instead of the Chopper, even though i clicked on the Chopper to set the waypoint, and then the Transport Unload is waypoint 0, and Get out is waypoint 1, both directed towards the unit, not one at the Chopper, other at the Unit.

Helllllllp, haha, this is frustrating.

Quote[/b] ]is there any way to have the Chopper already in flight when the mission starts?

To have it start out flying, click on the chopper unit to see its properties. Change the "Special" property to "Flying", and the chopper will be airborne when mission starts.

Ok, nice... so my Blackhawk is now flying... but he just spins around in circles, until i tell the pilot manually to move to the next waypoint...

Then he gets to the waypoint, and refuses to land.

Suggestions!?

EDIT: Oops, forgot to ask how to make him fly to the waypoint on his own, like the Chopper is in motion when you start the mission.

EDIT2: Um, re-reading through this thread, i noticed i was told to make sure the chopper wasn't a part of my squad, but it's always attatched to me with a line, and i can't stop it. Argh!

EDIT3: SOMEHOW i managed to disconnect the Chopper from my squad... AND make it fly and drop me off, w00t!

One thing i need to know now, is... i want to give the orders to clear a town, killing everybody, then when the last guy is dead, have an auto-waypoint change to my extraction, or next objective.

How do i go about this?

Ok, nice... so my Blackhawk is now flying... but he just spins around in circles, until i tell the pilot manually to move to the next waypoint...

Then he gets to the waypoint, and refuses to land.

Suggestions!?

EDIT: Oops, forgot to ask how to make him fly to the waypoint on his own, like the Chopper is in motion when you start the mission.

EDIT2: Um, re-reading through this thread, i noticed i was told to make sure the chopper wasn't a part of my squad, but it's always attatched to me with a line, and i can't stop it. Argh!

EDIT3: SOMEHOW i managed to disconnect the Chopper from my squad... AND make it fly and drop me off, w00t!

One thing i need to know now, is... i want to give the orders to clear a town, killing everybody, then when the last guy is dead, have an auto-waypoint change to my extraction, or next objective.

How do i go about this?

Send me the mission i will help. smile_o.gif i will make your chopper landing smooth too if you want., then i will send back and you can see whats been done. then do what you want with it tounge2.gif

Bump, can someone tell me where custom missions are saved?

Ok, i've barely touched it, but here's a basic layout of what i've done so far... some of which may be deleted and/or changed (actually, maybe everything after the chopper lands).

I don't even remember how much i actually saved but there it is, for the dude that said he'd help.

EDIT: Forgot to post the link, LOL

http://files.filefront.com/missionsqm/;6519082;;/fileinfo.html

Mission you create are saved in My Documents/ArmA Other Profiles/(profile name you created it under in ArmA)/missions/(mission name folder)

Congratulations, but someone already told me, and i already uploaded and posted the beginning of my mission, or can't you (or refuse to) read?

i didn't see the link was up already.. will look at it asap.

What do you need done?

The chopper flys in and lands, you and your men get out? is that not what you wanted?

Just tell me what u need added and i will add and send back tounge2.gif with instructions so you can place where u want.