Sign in to follow this  
j w

Public filehosting

Hello.

I have made a script wich enables you to upload files to a server, without having to register or use any third party programs.

Just click and go!

So, now, in co-operation of the GOL Clan, you can now get your file hosted, without any limits whatsoever!

However, if people cannot keep it clean and nice, we will have to enforce login and passwords.

Hopefully we won't have to do that, right?

Anyways, max limit of file is 400MB and the allowed filetypes are .rar or .zip.

If you wish a separate folder, contact me @ the forums or @ jonathan0829@hotmail.com

If you wish, we can enable other filetypes such as images and alike!

Serverinfo:

<ul>[*] AMD X2 4800+ - 2 x 2.4Ghz 1MB L2 cache per core.[*] 2GB PC3200 ram.[*] Sata Raptor 74GB 10,000 16MB cache hard drive.[*] Unlimited Bandwidth.[*]Uncapped 100mbit port

Some testing (from 8/8mbit broadband in Sweden to UK 100mbit):

12.7mb .rar-archive containing 3 .mp3-files - approx 1.5minutes

Find it here.

Happy uploading!

Considering the purpose of the thread I've moved it to A&M:C

Good offer but i still prefer blackdogs FTP Hosting. I think its just better because of the fully ftp management with folders and so on.

p><p>Oh, there

http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/wink_o.gif' alt='wink_o.gif'>

Quote[/b] ]And my post about my FTP service is not worth moving because... ? icon_rolleyes.gif

I asked for it to be moved, I'm sure the moderators can move it, if you ask.

----

Quote[/b] ]Out of interest howd you get this to work ??

Regards HH

What seems to be the prob?

Browse for a file, click Upload once and wait (it can take a looooong time).

Do you encounter any problems?

I might need to change settins of wich the longest timeout is...

Quote[/b] ]Good offer but i still prefer blackdogs FTP Hosting. I think its just better because of the fully ftp management with folders and so on.

You can email me if you wish a seperate folders, seperate fileformats and a seperate uploadpage.

If you're interested smile_o.gif

JW

smile_o.gif

i meant how did you actually make up the thing in the first place without pass's etc? passive ftp what? i'm just curious.

i meant how did you actually make up the thing in the first place without pass's etc? passive ftp what? i'm just curious.

Some PHP-coding.

Firstly, you enable a function to upload to the server, and another function wich moves it into the right place.

Voila smile_o.gif

I got the most out of reading tuts and seeing scripts that are alike.

Easy I tell you smile_o.gif

After a misshap with payments and the hosts email-system crashing the payment have been delayed, so the domain is sort of.. Confiscated atm tounge2.gif

Chris tells me that it has been payed, so it should be up soon (probably the start of next week as latest).

Sorry for any inconvienence

JW

smile_o.gif

EDIT: The site is back up smile_o.gif

Due to the serverhost not being able to handle the great trafficamount this service uses, we have decided to shut down this service.

We excuse everyone that wish to upload files, but the files already existant will stay for approx 30days.

Thanks