Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Have you managed to do AK47 and 7.62x39mm round to Arma? I see lot of guns but the most common one is not one of them.

great work. smile_o.gif

edit = just tried them out in game. really nice feel to them.

i tried to unpbo them using eliteness but got an error message. the reason i tried was to see if rpk had different recoil setting lying than crouched (which is now possible in amra and adds a lot more to the machine guns)...

recoil is one to the weapon

in OFP reoil was to magazine - nonsense, but it was in this way

now better, recoil is to weapon

i don't have any idea is BIS made something like that

recoil has 9 values

p.s.

in Vilas_mod.rar

SKS, AK47 and better texture to RPK74 added smile_o.gif

units: man with AK47 - civilian model on east side

North Guard with SKS - parade soldier

Goodjob man !! your addons just rock !! i really like the stg44 !!! it ' s just demax ! notworthy.gif

Great work Vilas!

I can use the units in editor but not without this errormessage come first

Quote[/b] ]No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels/default.sections'

Any idea? Anyone else the same problem?

And the howitzers dont have ammo? You have a own ammo class for them? whats the ammoname?

Thx

EDIT: Forget it, seem to be a problem with the language patcher. After i restored my original files it works like charm. Great work Vilas! The Howitzers still dont have ammo btw huh.gif

Fantastic some new weapons smile_o.gif An FN-FAL, means i might be able to do my Nogova infantry perhaps smile_o.gif

recoil is one to the weapon

in OFP reoil was to magazine - nonsense, but it was in this way

now better, recoil is to weapon

i don't have any idea is BIS made something like that

recoil has 9 values

p.s.

in Vilas_mod.rar

SKS, AK47 and better texture to RPK74 added smile_o.gif

units: man with AK47 - civilian model on east side

North Guard with SKS - parade soldier

AFAIK recoil standing/crouched and recoil lying down can be 2 seperate settings - recoilm249 = [RECOILVALUES] and then a separate setting like recoil249prone = [RECOILVALUES]. thats not the exact wording but for an idea thats how BIS did it for m240/m249/PK to simulate the extra stability support with a bipod can provide.

anyway i really enjoy your new weapon pack it really looks great and works a treat. especially with the g3, RPK and now the AK47 (downloading updated version now)

Nicely done. Can't imagine how you managed to get this out without official mod tools but then thats a measure of skill.

cheers.

Vilas may i ask You to edit first post with info about each file, date of update and e.g. hash (MD5 or SHA-1) of each file ?

that would help to track which files You updated smile_o.gif

Hey vilas,

Nice job on the addons, I really like them! My favorite custom made units on Armed Assault, to be honest. thumbs-up.gif And I'm already making custom missions with them.

I just had an idea for you. I noticed that the RACS don't have any support vehicles, eg. ammo or repair trucks, ambulances, etc. How about retexturing the american 5t trucks for RACS and also making supply versions of them too? Also, you could try making an ambulance of the landrover, or the M113, or maybe both of them? A cold war era version of the RACS in desert uniforms would be very interesting too, but these are just ideas. smile_o.gif I'm looking forward to more stuff from you!

Well that has always been the problem, hasn't it? We had loads and loads of addons for OFP (as we will have for ArmA, I'm sure), but no one made any missions featuring these addons because they wouldn't be played by anyone but the mission maker and maybe his auntie. Most mission makers made missions for established modifications, because that was the best way to get other people to play your missions.

In ArmA we face the same problem, but in addition we currently have no set modifications, which means that no one is making missions containing custom stuff at all.

If there was a server out there with custom addons included (there probably is, I just haven't seen any yet), I'd be the first to jump on the Vilas Band Wagon because then there might be a crowd that actually played the damn things.

But until then I'll do what everyone else does and stay with the vanilla stuff.

arma28.jpg

arma29.jpg

arma30.jpg

arma25.jpg

arma26.jpg

Nogova-Sahrani troops smile_o.gif

in Vilas_mod there are Sa-58, Sa-58V, Uk-59

units in CWC

all those units will be used in my missions smile_o.gif

I think the recoil errors everyone has been getting may be from another addon the ofp pistols pack GranQ did mention the bug when using his addon that it causes other weapons to have no more recoil. The addon is called RC_ofp_handguns. It too is an excellent addon but it has the bug.

I am very impressed with this pack vilas. If you don't mind I am going to make my civvie pack compatable with yours, I love the FAL and SKS especially.

What you could do is change the Especas men to have blue Solviet Airbourn/Spetnaz berets.

i would be very happy if i could find missionmaker to help me smile_o.gif

addons without missions are "empty"

The weapons themselves look top notch, very nice indeed.

The only thing I have to say I'm not fond of is the VIL_20Rnd_762x51_nato magazine rounds. The sound plays with a bit of a background fuzz, then it cuts off a bit too sharply.

Nice job. I love the soviet units. The polish soldiers are good too, but why not make the actual camo, instead of a fictional one? tounge2.gif And since you're updating the packs again, could you, oh please please please, make those RACS trucks that I told about above? whistle.gif

If that last unit is from 1985, why does it have the Jackass logo as its arm-patch?