Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

@Vilas,

I was checking out your new units, which are very nice. Thank you!  When I was trying out your Leopard tanks, I got an error saying I was missing some German units.  I have your BW units dated 6-21-08.  Is this the correct BW units? Or am I missing your latest version.

GD Mast

there is newer version, please look at screen:

myftp.jpg

Vilas,

I have been meaning to mention that in the Spetsnaz crates there are no extra VSS magazines. I can add them myself probably, but there are guys out there who might not know how to do that. If you have plans toupdate it, please don't forget those. Also I noticed that the scopes on SVD and VSS are inacurate. The bullet hits to the left of the reticle.

Forgot one more thing. I think that Volga is too slow, even on the road.

VSS and SVD reticle is BIS reticle, i used default BIS optics

if BIS optics is wrong than in free time i will try to fix it

but it is BIS optics model used in weapons with PSO1

Its not the ay they look that bothers me, the bullet hits on the left side of the reticle (first I noticed it with the night scope on SVD). This doesn't happen with BIS, so it must be the addon.

Default PSO optics is quite terrible. But it had right reticles before 1.05 patch (when it was the same as default OFP one).

class vil_SVD: SVD {

scope = 2;

magazines[] = {"10Rnd_762x54_SVD", "vil_10Rnd_762x54_SVD"};

model = "\vilas_wpn\vil_svd";

reloadTime = 0.1;

opticsZoomMin = 0.075;

opticsZoomMax = 0.075;

};

Sorry Vilas, I don't know what that means for sure. I can guess that you are showing me the config of the BIS and that you have one just like it. But when I was using your SVD with the night scope, I had to move the reticle to the right of the target about one more click ( those little lines that go to the right and left of the central chevron). I was firing at about 500 meters, maybe that makes a difference.

Sorry, I don't mean to be so anal, I just really like your pack, but these little optics problems are killing the experience. Before yours, I liked the one from Robert Hammer, but his optics had by far worth problems, so I deleted that pack. I don't want to "loose" yours also. So, if there is a way to fix it, please do.

One more thing. I know that it is tough to use artillery in Arma. Do you have any suggestions how to use your Pions for non-direct firing? Love those bad mothers! The explosion is kick ass!

Somebody probably mentioned that already, so I would concure with them, but the BMP-1 gun is way too underpowered. With heat rounds it can't even damage a car bad enough, the driver still keeps on driving. That is as weak as a hand grenade. It would probably be safe to double the puch for it. Also, is it possible to make the AP round a default for the BMP-1? When AI goes to battle, it uses HEAT. When encountering the Striker or M113, it is just useless in the game. Love that model, want to use it more, but it is too weak for missions versus BIS or community addons.

I have been making missions with your addons this past weekend, so I have lots of feedback, as you can tell. Don't mean to sound negative, I just want your addons to be in my missions and missions of other guys. Thanks for all your effort!

i showed my config, my SVD is almost BIS SVD with changed model and lower magnification, cause BIS made PSO too much magnifying, BIS gave FOV circa 0.006 as i remember

other word - my SVD also could be just a reskin with the same effect

difference is : i opened safety switch, BIS SVD has closed safety switch and animated bolt and more detailed model

rest of config is non-touched by me

but 1PN58 scope must be fixed - i know about this issue , but it was made by other person, for me Photoshop is black magic

concernig BMP1 AP rounds, well, BMP 1 73 mm cannon is not normal cannon, in fact it is low pressure weak but big grenade launcher

modern BMP1 fires HEATs similar to RPG7

i will not do "tank" from BMP1

if it was good, Soviets would not develop BMP2 isn't it ?

BIS M113 and BIS BMP2 are over powered - it needs 6-7 series of BMP2 to destroy it - nonsense

so if you use my BMP1 vs. BIS vehicles, sorry

my vehicles are not overpowered like undestructable BIS vehicles

i remember one test in which it was almost the same for 30 mm cannon to destroy BIS T72 and BMP2/M113

sah_ambu.jpg

sah_med.jpg

i made Police/Miltia vehicles, now time for other Sahrani's services biggrin_o.gif

i don't know if anyone visits Arma modelling forum, but i double question here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....ing+hhl

i have a problem with units, which i wanna fix

all soldiers that are wounded/dead have shining HHL (face, hands) in NVG

when they are not wounded in face all is okay, but when shot in the head, head shines like it had property equal light sad_o.gif

anyone knows answe ?

edit:

i found answer, thanx, for other addonmakers - do not use RVMATs that have path "ca/characters...."

just better copy BIS RVMATs to folder of addon and all works after binarisation

@Vilas:

problem with SVD aiming: do you have centered points "konec hlavne", "usti hlavne" and "eye" in memory LOD?

we have wrong 1PN58 texture - thats the point :P i checked but my PSP skills are... zero :P

Quote[/b] ]Will you make any Polish Humvees or Honkers with UKM's?

as now i know what i made wrong in my units (shining in NVG wounds) i will be making updates of my infantry packs :

- newest SLA and RACS 1985 pack

- Polish army modern pack

- German army units

- Swedish units

- FIA and weapon holders modern SLA and RACS-looking maybe (or green BDU)

so than i will try if i will get time to include more

i made Landrover hard-top, so green version or blue will be in Polish Police

pol_pol.jpg

now_lub.jpg

now_lub1.jpg

but i cannot say if i will make Honker with UKM machinegun for 100%, we lack Polish SOKOL W3 choper as my OFP model is too poor for Arma

edit2:

as i promissed  - as soon as i get knowledge how to fix wrong shining in NVG faces of soldiers , i am fixing it smile_o.gif

first to go:

German army addon :

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/upd/vilas_bw.7z

ca. 10 MB, requires German weapons addon

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/upd/vilas_gwp.7z

24 MB

and in future it can work without pack - only on P85 mod

also PZF3 by LWRAT included

next fixed:

new SLA and RACS 1985 pack

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/ftp/vilas_p85.7z

curently uploading , untill 1.00 AM CET should be ready

if i knew that using RVMAT in other way... it would not be neccesary to rework addon smile_o.gif

next steps:

- fixing modern Polish pack and adding few Police vehicles

- adding Ambulances to SLA and RACS police vehicles smile_o.gif

soon Polish pack update as i will get proper reticles for BMP-1 and Leopard 2

still i don't have any idea what is sight in Polish PT91

edit:

when new weapon holders addon will be released, P85 teasers will be deleted, 85 RACS already is released, but will appear new units on their places

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/now_wph.jpg

as i told previously, when i get knowledge how to fix bug , i am fixing rest of addons:

Polish modern pack , German pack, 1985 SLA and RACS packs were fixed some days ago

now it is time, for never released publicaly before Swedish weapon holders

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/upd/vil_swe.7z

small addon contains fixed 2 soldiers, textures are temporary, cause all templates were given to Swedish mod

this addon is weaponholder units for my Swedish weapons pack

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/upd/vilas_svw.7z

now i am working on update of weapon holders "WPH", 1985 RACS was removed and replaced by modern RACS inside it, KLMK and SLA were replaced by one SLA units reskined to new camo, looking like Russian camo mixed with "amoeba" camo

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/vil_sla.jpg , US Woodland units were replaced too smile_o.gif

but it take few days more

Just saw Landrover Defender owned by Polish Police - I must say that I have recognized it thanks to the screenshot above smile_o.gif

can someone help in beta testing of addon ? :]

because i don't want release addon not tested by other man than me , and not tested on other PC, it would require ca. 100 MB of download and looking at units:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/vil_sla.jpg

this is early picture

i made new SLA loooking similar to Russians (but i don't want to double other mods) thats why it is SLA and RACS weaponholders addon, RACS is game units but in BDU and PASGT and olive uniforms and helmets without cover

this is update of my old addon weaponholders, but now refreshed and changed totaly, as P85 (KLMK and woodland) units are deleted

and replaced by new one smile_o.gif

please PM me if you are interested in beta-testing

as no serious bugs were found , i am releasing new weapon holders, changes:

- deleted KLMK and woodland units because they were P85 teasers, as P85 coming very very soon

- instead of them added RACS (six-colour and olive) and SLA in Russian-looking camo smile_o.gif

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/upd/vilas_wph.7z

along with this were updated :

East weapons (bugs found and fixed), American weapons (bugs found and fixed)

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/upd/vilas_awp.7z

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/upd/vilas_east.7z

i remind that this is addon of weapon holders, bonus infantry, it is not addon of SLA/FIA/RACS to competee with any other mods, it is just weapon holders , if someone can do replacement is welcome biggrin_o.gif

sory for no screens a.t.m. but :

- RACS wear BDU/PASGT in 2 types of camo

- SLA has many models of soldiers including some kind of SWAT

- FIA has 9 models

- Militia and Police like in SLA/RACS-85 addon (no matter what addon is used, Militia and Police are the same and compatible)

soon i will prepare few SP missions for it smile_o.gif

Vilas, Thanks a lot for these outstanding units. I especially like those RACS units with PAGST vest. notworthy.gif

Lennard.

no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgweapons.vil_ak74m29

(new SLA troops  with latest east weapons installed)

edit  found the error (i think)   in vil_WPH addon all the weapons the troops should be holding do not have the " around them

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class vil_russla_31 : vil_russla_1 {

displayName = "Army AT-Operator";

scope = public;

weapons[] = {vil_AK74, vil_RPG29, "vil_Throw", "vil_Put"};

magazines[] = {30Rnd_545x39_AK,30Rnd_545x39_AK,30Rnd_545x39_AK,30Rnd_545x39_AK, VIL_HandGf1, VIL_HandGf1, vil_PG29, vil_PG29};

including ammo etc.

doesnt it has to be like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class vil_russla_31 : vil_russla_1 {

displayName = "Army AT-Operator";

scope = public;

weapons[] = {"vil_AK74, vil_RPG29", "vil_Throw", "vil_Put"};

magazines[] = {"30Rnd_545x39_AK","30Rnd_545x39_AK","30Rnd_545x39_AK","30Rnd_545x39_AK", "VIL_HandGf1", "VIL_HandGf1", "vil_PG29", "vil_PG29"};

i have been looking further in to this and its only with certain troops the weapon errors are comming up (some soldiers do hold their weapons and some dont , its only the SLA forces atm the RACS are just fine)