Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Thank's smile_o.gif I have allready done my single mission campaign (dont know how to do real camp. yet.)So just to finish voice acting and few script problems and some camera parts.

Also i wanted to ask, that when P'85 get's out will there be saperate addons like Infantry only , Vehicles only etc.?

Oh yea ::P Do you speak Russian? Because if my first "SMC" goes nice i want for something else some Russian voices::)Love brother Russian's too much xmas_o.gif Never learned Rus. leng. banghead.gif and im from Serbia whistle.gif

Sorry if this was offtopic band.gif

All in all thank you for those nice addon's and reply's smile_o.gif

All best to you all xmas_o.gif

I've noticed one or two more bugs:

The front set of road-wheels on the M2A2 Bradley don't rotate, they're fine on the older M2 though.

The mount for the M1 commander's MG is wrongly modelled, admittedly it's BIS who modelled it incorrectly for the M1A1 to begin with.

BIS made the newer manually operated one from the M1A2 that can't be fired while turned in. AFAIK I've only ever seen it modelled properly on NoWonderDog's edited M1A1 from the tank FCS addon.

The correct mount looks like this (from an M1A1):

http://data3.primeportal.net/tanks...._71.jpg

Just to show that it is indeed the same mount on the original M1:

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8493/usftxreforger1988005gk2.jpg

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/1928/m12me5.jpg

Hope that's helpful. I'm still having a great deal of fun with the units and weapons. smile_o.gif

i have updated just at the moment  vilas_pwp (polish weapons and missing normals for TRG for Policeman sniper)

concerning other bugs - soon to update, thnx for reports, but in my PC Sterling SD hav no missing texture under foregrip

i am looking for other bugs again

on my PC LAV has interior.. hmm... don't understand, why in others people it is like Maza report about missing texture on bottom of Sterling L34 and your report about interior of LAV

but yes... something is wrong with shadow on LAV, I am checking it a.t.m.

Just DL'd the Vibi update but LAV-25 textures for when riding in the back all shot-up.

Looks like I am floating in middair with strange artifact type textures.

All other interiors are fine.

i don't undestand why it behaves like that huh.gif

LAV inside uses elements and textures from Stryker

i will work on this as i will get back from job journey after next week, cause i will not be for 5 days

what more:

thanx for MG mount pics, i was looking for it and couldn't find  in google doing model, cause i knew that BIS mount is wrong

concerning updates:

once upon a time i had poor Bundeswehr addon, cause other existng addon was using BIS USA weapons , author of this addon refused cooperation and issuing common addon equiped with Germans weapons, so I made a little update of old addon;

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/upd/vilas_bw.7z

this replaces my poor old VILAS_RFN addon

it has some classes from old, but other classes are gone, because my old addon had a lot more weapons like G33, UMP, MP5, which was not realistic (G33)

i still have no MG-4

so they use MG-3 as in old addon

it has one model inside, cause I don't want make competition for BW MOD, I always loved their addons, but it seems that I see no releases so far, thats why i decided to refresh my old poor addon smile_o.gif also treat this as my thanx for some people of German community who suported me here smile_o.gif

Very Bizarre. Belay that Vilas I can now see the inside of the LAV-25.

Not sure what went on there but maybe it rectified itself after I rebooted?

Yes More German weapons!   You might ask Vipersheart if you can use the old LoBo HK pack that he made a long time ago.  He's still floating around in different mods...last he was working on the OFP starwars mod, but I believe he's doing some ArmA stuff now as well.   He had a beautiful range of HK weapons in his packs that would just need some slight updating for ArmA.

I also love the BW Mod by the way. They are an awesome mod, but maybe this will give them a friendly kick in the butt to get them going.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

thats why i do not do my BW soldier good, model is simple, because i wait for BW MOD addons myself smile_o.gif

but i released this one simple flecktarn unit cause I always missed such units here :]

maybe someone other want to improve it, than i will help and we both (with person who wants spend time on German gear) release ver. 2.1 (as it is 2.0)

Concernig HK pack for OFP; many German manufactured weapons are not used by German army as I know; HK 21, HK 33, HK G3+HK79 .... they are stuff for export, so it was nonsense to make this weapons here

I would like to inform you that the Desert version of Bradley(M2/M2A2) will be released soon, stay tuned. wink_o.gif

Very cool addon, i have checked especially the vibi pack, and focus mostly on the t72b era and bradley models. So i have a list of bugs

M2, M2A2 and T72B era can be driven underwater

Also, if you hit them in the tracks, the whole hull goes red, i i guess some hit points are missing (although i have checked the configs and are there)

The dumpers still don't work, but i found that the annoying bouncing from the previous release is not that obvious.

The i haven't checked the rvmat, but for some reason the bradley and the t72b era have a glossy effect rather that having a shine only in the "scratched areas" of the specular map.

Although there are still a good number of textures for the inside cargo view, the actual FPS has improved a lot, probably by having only a couple of textures for the outside model.

Very good addon Vilas, keep them coming (improved :P)

Yes the T34 shore would be nice. I hope now whean u finihs thise fantastic project (Vilas) u will have time too make same WW2 tanks and rest of the WW2 stuf. Theat is despertly missing in arma. Keep up the gr8 work. notworthy.gif

Yes the T34 shore would be nice. I hope now whean u finihs thise fantastic project (Vilas) u will have time too make same WW2 tanks and rest of the WW2 stuf. Theat is despertly missing in arma. Keep up the gr8 work. notworthy.gif

And if he wants to make my dream come true, a Russian flag carrier would be perfect, my suicidal charges never work without charging flags at them German machine guns!

Vilas,

I noticed your 85 themed US troops have the Carl Gustav as their heavy AT weapon, much like OFP. Considering that the Americans never used this weapon for this job, do you have any plans to make an M47 Dragon, which would be the most historically accurate weapon for this job.

oooo so i made mistake :/

i was using http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl00-e.htm as reference

i never knew about "Dragon"

now i know that CG was used by most of NATO countries except US Army

but Dragon is guided, while Soviets have only RPG7, so probably i will leave US Army with LAW only

as we do not do (a.t.m) caryable AT5 or other Soviet guided missle

i must look at more sources

Vilas;

The American Rangers used the Gustav for "bunker buster" rounds and such, but not as an anti-tank weapon, and the grunts never had it. I was thinking that the Dragon was more of a counterpart to the RPG-29. However, it is not much more powerful than the LAW;

Quote[/b] ]Reaching its current designation of Super-Dragon in 1990, it was capable of penetrating 18 inches (450 mm) of armor at a maximum effective range of 1,500 meters.

That's from the Wiki page on the Dragon.

RPG29 was made sspecially for IDF Mod purpose, as Galils and Mini Uzi, so not for mod Project85, thats why in "mod" will be other armament of US forces than in my own "weapon holders" addon, which is ONLY teaser for few of over 80 models made for mod

there are 18 models of US Army and USMC , 35 of Soviet Army personell, 13 of Poles and... others...

here in this released addons there are only few teasers, which are released to hold weapons and give people fun smile_o.gif

RPG29 was made sspecially for IDF Mod purpose, as Galils and Mini Uzi, so not for mod Project85, thats why in "mod" will be other armament of US forces than in my own "weapon holders" addon, which is ONLY teaser for few of over 80 models made for mod

I know that, I was just pointing it out to make sure you knew it when you were making the P85 mod. I probably should have posted it over there smile_o.gif

At first, very very nice Vehicles!!! Thanks!!! I love that T-72 ERA.

I think I use all of them.....if I can find the Classnames!!! (Vibi Vehiclepack)

Where can I read the Classnames? Not in Readme....

This really sucks.

C'mon dude....classnames in a Readme is Important!

I don't want(and I don't do. ) to place them in Editor and search the mission.sqm for all classnames.(And I also do not search a 122 page's long Thread for it...)

Please write them to the Readme next time!

Anyway, great Addon(s)!

Where can I read the Classnames? Not in Readme....

In the old OFP days i just placed some units where i didnt knew the classnames on a island and saved it as editor mission and then i checked the mission.sqm file because there you get the used addons listed with classnames.

Bit complex though.

Where can I read the Classnames?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">vil_jeep

VILAS_BRADLEY

VILAS_BRADLEY_06

VILAS_BRADLEY06_vilcrew

VILAS_BRADLEY85_vilcrew

VIL_bmp1

vil_bmp1_lwp_res

VIL_bmp1p

vil_bmp1p_russ

VIL_t72M_nsv

VIL_t72M_nsv_russ

VIL_t72M_nsv_lwpp

VIL_t72_ERA

VIL_t72_era_russ

VIL_gvozd_russ

VIL_2s7

VIL_pion_static

vil_v150

VIL_v150_usa

vil_v150_cannon

VIL_v150_cannon_racs

vil_skot

vil_skot_lwpres

vil_skot_wp_west

vil_scud

vil_uaz451

vil_jeep

vil_willys

vil_willys_wph

vil_mutt

vil_mutt_wph

vil_tarpan

vil_tarpan_wp_west

vil_nysa

vil_zuk

lwp_vil_nysa

lwp_vil_zuk

vil_lublin

vil_lublin_bus

vil_lublin_b

vil_pold

vil_fiat

vil_w353

vil_trabi

vil_bus

vil_bbus

vil_jawa

vil_star266_e

vil_star266_lwp_res

vil_star266_wp_west

VIL_bmp2d

VIL_m113_wph

VIL_bmp2_wph

VIL_bmp2d_wph

vil_M1A1Abrams

vil_M1A1Abrams_wph

vil_M1Abrams

vil_M1Abrams_wph

vil_P95_lav

VIL_v25_usa_25mm

wink_o.gif

Thanks Hitman!! Now I can copy&paste it.

@Shadow: Yeah, I could.

But I'm bussy enough with Missionediting and modifiyng Addons(and RL and playing....and so on...)

I'm too lazy to search more then two Classnames which should be written down in a readme or HP or anywhere else... wink_o.gif

Indeed, my version was just when nothing else is availeable smile_o.gif