Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Hes aware of it and its being fixed atm, yet it is more complex as it seems, so far i heard a lot of people moan about how many attempts were needed till damage textures worked.

tnx Shadow.

Btw: i also noticed M41A ejecting empty casings, weapon has case-less ammo wink_o.gif

Hi vilas!

In an older version of one of your packs, there was a T-72 with rubber protection on the sides, but i reinstalled arma and downloaded a newer version of that pack, and now the T-72 with rubber protection is gone. How can i get it back?

It was kind of like this:

http://www.snariad.ru/wp-content/gallery/t-72/t72-1.jpg

EDIT. i found a pic of it!

t72pack.jpg

the one in the middle!

Vilas, if you created any CQB holographic sights would you include the parallax effect as seen in the video below?

I've downloaded LWP and I've got one question, is this addon going to be selfstanding? Because demo LWP needs basic + pl

Im pretty sure youll find this one in the new CSLA mod, i think they already showed this one as model.

do you think that you can make a M53/59 Praga to the 85 project? it was used by checkoslovakia, yugoslavia and maybe other countries.

praga3.jpg

http://naoruzanje.paracin.co.yu/praga2.jpg

Yap it a mean truck. Shore would bee nice too se thiein arma. Just like the Sa 6 or KUB aa system. Well 1 kann only hope. U guys just keep up the great work. And the pic r gr8. Hope u relise soon. It allredy starting too heart loking at pic and not heving them on comp. notworthy.gif

In the CSLA thread they just showed early textures on the model of it so at least there you gonna see on.

But probaly also in P85 as i talked to Maa and a cooperation in one way or another will happen between the mods.

Nice FIA, could be used for generic rebals anywhere from the western world, Cuban, Columbian, etc etc......

Nice work guys.

notworthy.gif

Although in this case FIA seems to be in action in Africa from the looks of the South African Puma helicopter in the background.   Those uniforms however would be EXCELLENT for Vietnam era servicemen.  In the pics they look like USAF military police from that period (well minus the PKM).  

But the uniforms would actually be excellent for many areas of the world including various conflicts in Latin America where both Communist and American backed governments wore such uniforms.   Today however very few countries use solid olive green uniforms in favor of camoflage uniforms.  The Israeli Defense Force is amongst the few that stuck to olive green.  Unfortunately, the collar and overall design of these uniforms is a bit different then IDF.  But if you boys ever want to help us make some uniforms for a IDF historic pack (modified from the FIA uniform textures), we'd be SUPER thankful as we have some nice Isherman's, and M3, and a T-34 from OFP that we never released and that we'd like to convert over to ArmA.

Now that I think about it...if you made that uniform tan (piece of cake in Photoshop), you'd suddenly have a similar uniform to many Arab armies from the 60's-80's period. Just pop on a beret or helmet and some shoulder straps (or whatever you call those things that are buttoned on to the top part of the shoulder section of a military uniform).

But at any rate, these FIA look superb and I know will be put to good use. When RACS can't hack it...call in the battle hardened FIA.   smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

2Miles Teg

F.I.A. guys are not intended to be a bunch of african grunts - they're european partisans (Germany\Poland). The only reason they are in "african" environment on screenshot is because I just have rered F.Forsyth's "Dogs of War". They are the part of Project '85, so Puma is from Bush Wars mode (I wrote it in CF thread).

vilas, i have a sugestion about the machinegunners..

could you make them fire in 5 or 10 round bursts? atleast for AI if thats possible...

then we wouldnt have the AI fireing them as if they where sniper rifles when they are far away from the target..

Wow! Those are superb looking Polish paratroopers!!!

Rock on!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yea, the models of the highest quality.

These AKS also look pretty nice.

Look forward to play it.

[ZresztÄ… sam dobrze o tym wiesz :P]

on this picture ther is RHS AKMS - wrong :P

Polish army used Polish made AKMS, it has ONLY steel magazine and plastic handgrip :P

older versions had wood handgrip like old AK-47 (mounted in steel)

so Soviet/Russian version is not good for our troops, we have a little darker wood and plastic right hand grip

other rifle is "fantasy" in 1985 , Tantal 1988 , but soldier has it as placeholder, because commando get those rifles as first , like Polish UZI-looking PM-84 for "tests", so screen was taken in 1988 :P

now Tantals and DDR AK's are used by Iraq army (other MOD do this Iraq war)

there is no big difference in look between Polish Tantal and East German MPiAKS-74 , Polish Tantal has 3-rounds burst mode (and wood looking plastic or AK-74M-looking plastic instead of DDR brown plastic)

there is no big difference in look between Polish Tantal and East German MPiAKS-74 , Polish Tantal has 3-rounds burst mode (and wood looking plastic or AK-74M-looking plastic instead of DDR brown plastic)

Actually there are quite a few differences, tantal is more based on the AKM.. the Mpi-Aks74 were clones of Russian '82 Izhmash Ak-74's but with either a sidefolder in the Mpi-km pattern or they had a fixed stock (as Mpi-Ak74).

The most obvious difference is that the tantals used different furniture as you said, and the long muzzlebrake. Also they used steel magazines (they could use the Russian/Bulgarian/East German etc bakelites and polymer magazines but this wouldn't have been done)

mpiaks74n8aa.jpg

tantal.jpg

(Tantal is a civilian one, hence why it lacks the selector)

Vilas,

I know yourprimary interest is the"Red" side of a hypothetical 1985 NATO\Warsaw Pact confrontation. Have you given any thought to possible make the LWP stuff as part of a later "BLUFOR" pack for modern Polish NATO participation?