Sign in to follow this  
zpigs

well, i thought BF2 was bad...this is REALLY bad..

hi,

i'm not too far off achieving 1,000 hours playing BF2...

always on the look out for new games, play the demos see what's what...

i had expected the crysis demo to be out by now...

recently got the full medievla2 game, not the same type, agreed, but a cracking game...

but this?

incredibly bad...really...i printed off all 14+ pages of the readme file...and tried and tried to get into it...then uninstalled it...

it's an incredibly heavy game on the system, i had to really lower the details to get a reasonable frame rate...and the interface for geting your troops to go somewhere, seemed all over the place...

...and the sounds seemed all messed up?

i was in a btr and the gun firing sound was hardly there...(i've got x-fi card)...but it played in 3rd person view...

i remember operation flashpoint being similar...you can see the lineage when you play this...

i would NOT recommend buying this game...

I've got one advice for you:

Go play Battlefield, this game is NOT made for you whistle.gif

and you don't recommend to buy the game by posting your deep and exhaustive analisis here, on the main BIS forums, where all the fans are?

rofl.gif

I thought the patches + openAL update fix the sound issues. They did for me, but since you uninstalled i can't suggest you try it too (hey maybe you did).

Gotta agree that the game is pretty rough around the edges (especially the campaign), some things are weird. The tree movement annoys me really... trunks don't sway in the wind (and it causes a huge performance hit). The vehicles don't seem to have weight but the issues you listed were fixed a little with the patches recently. And i really don't think you were in a BTR as the BTR isn't in the game. There's a BMP and a BRDM.

I have fun with this game but usually in the editor with my own little scenarios... but i'm really just waiting for the modding tools.

All in all i would say this game is in beta stage. If you wanna give it another whirl later in your life then maybe it'll be in a better state.

I too have an X-Fi and the newest patch solved the issues raised in your post.

you spent 1000 hours of your life playing battlefield 2 ? wth.

yea anyway this game's not for that kind of gaming audience,it's a combat simulation.you won't like this game.there's no jumping and no titans smile_o.gif

i played a bit of bf2 years ago for a few days then i got bored.same with bf2142.those are games that are fun for a week...flashpoint games take weeks to learn properly...heavy learning curve..for the most experienced of gamers.

And why the f**k are you posting this?

Go and PM the ppls from BIS studio

if you dont want to play ArmA, dont play it, but you musnt tell us. icon_rolleyes.gif

No one cares your shits, and saying something like "Dont buy it"...You deserve a bullet for it

OFP/ArmA is something different than BF2, its not about *Bang* *Bang* 1 round=>200 frags

AND OFP/Arma have more EDITOR choices and things whistle.gif

Well, there's one think that I don't understand:

Quote[/b] ]well, i thought BF2 was bad...
Quote[/b] ]i'm not too far off achieving 1,000 hours playing BF2...

Lonewolf1980: There ain't Titans in BF2 wink_o.gif

They're in RamboField (just my nickname for the game) 2142 (or whatever the number is).

I've got BF2 and it's only good, if you're p*ssed off on something and wanna do some arcade killing... (but don't play Karkand, otherwise you'll be p*ssed off even more biggrin_o.gif ).

Jesus, but I can't imagine like someone was able to play 1 game for 1000 hours !

I've got about 200-250 and I'm seriously bored of the game ...

I'm really happy you've aired your concerns with us. It makes me feal all warm and fuzzy that someone tells us these things. Good going thumbs-up.gif

whistle.gif

Tell someone who cares. Patches are for a reason.

He registered here to post that BF2 is bad yet he's got 1000 hours of it confused_o.gif . I agree that Arma is somewhat rough atm but its far from a bad game, best game since OPF really... nothing gives you this much.

Bugs aside what makes Arma a great game is all that you can do with it that you cant do with anything else.

Each to his own i guess...

"some complaints written in bad engrish"

Ah, another well contributing addition to the BIS forum. On behalf of everyone who cares I extend our welcome to you.

Arch.

I think his points are quite valid for someone who isnt looking for excatly ArmA type game.

well to be honest ,Bis did say they were making a more "Mainstream Friendly Game" and i guess they dont come more main stream than a bf2 player.Pitty you didnt find it to your liking.But you gotta admit Bis do respond to there customers more than any other Dev ,so who knows they may in time make it a bit more to your liking ).

i will sum up all this in a little picture.

ARMITE

armitejh9.jpg

Not Constructive: "This game is bad, don't buy it."

Criticize all you want, but try to let people decide themselves whether they should buy the game or not.

I think his points are quite valid for someone who isnt looking for excatly ArmA type game.

Lol

Like someone who wants a beer says, this wine is really terrible.

Arma/Flashpoint is a game you have to 'dig' from the very first (buggy as they may be) moments ... if that sparkle isn't there it will never be there.

zpigs go get AIDS and die! Bah, you're the last person we want here. If you don't wanna play it, then don't play it.

hi,

i'm not too far off achieving 1,000 hours playing BF2...

always on the look out for new games, play the demos see what's what...

i had expected the crysis demo to be out by now...

recently got the full medievla2 game, not the same type, agreed, but a cracking game...

but this?

incredibly bad...really...i printed off all 14+ pages of the readme file...and tried and tried to get into it...then uninstalled it...

it's an incredibly heavy game on the system, i had to really lower the details to get a reasonable frame rate...and the interface for geting your troops to go somewhere, seemed all over the place...

...and the sounds seemed all messed up?

i was in a btr and the gun firing sound was hardly there...(i've got x-fi card)...but it played in 3rd person view...

i remember operation flashpoint being similar...you can see the lineage when you play this...

i would NOT recommend buying this game...

Not game for u. Try some CS or BF or whatever and please stay away from Arma for our sake.

zpigs is an example of player "mommy, can I play some arcade shooters? ArmA is too hard for me." rofl.gif

I was a BF2 player and was also close to 1000 hours of play time. I do recommend this game to any bf2 player and have... So much so I bought the German version. Yeah this game is a big resource hog but that is to be expected with a new game and a game that is on a such a grand scale.

There are only a few things I dont like about this game... Such as CTI not working as advertized. The others are all how people play the game and can be fixed by having a private server. CTI and any other bug that there might be can be fixed over time as the game matures.

Other than that the game is pretty cool.

zpigs go get AIDS and die! Bah, you're the last person we want here. If you don't wanna play it, then don't play it.

MehMan That just earned you a +1 WL and a 48hr PR

You may disagree with someone but that is no in no way a method to express it.

Everyone calm down.

Thankyou xmas_o.gif