Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2007

I have a question, why does everyone make in mods army vs russia or whatever when the USMC is way stronger then the army....?

That is the most loaded question in history.  I would tolerate that as just some good old fashioned team spirit if you were an actual marine (which your avatar would suggest), but your lack of knowledge about the status of the m16a4 in the us military as discussed in another thread leaves me to think that you are not.  

The whole USMC vs. US Army argument is stupid for three reasons.  One is that they are very different organizations.  Don't forget that the USMC is much smaller than the US Army.  Two is that they are both highly effective organizations, which renders the whole discussion pointless.  Finally, each branch of the armed services is dependent on the others to one extent or another.  If you want to argue about the individual toughness of a marine or soldier, that is even more ridiculous.  How can you ever come to a conclusion in that argument?  All of the evidence would just be hearsay.  Men and women in both the US Army and the USMC are highly trained and motivated, and they protect our country.  That is the bottomline.  Is a soldier's sacrifice not worth as much as a marine’s?  They are all brothers/sisters in arms and deserve our respect.

To answer your actual question, there are most likely two reasons for why FFUR uses the US Army in favor of the USMC.  One is that the intention of the mod is to update the units in operation flashpoint with modern equivalents (as TB already pointed out).  Since the game originally had army units, so does the mod.  Secondly, simply put there are not enough good USMC addons for a total conversion.

I'm sorry if I come off as a bit harsh, but that quote is very ignorant. I have friends in both branches and I get very irritated when either branch is bashed (or any branch of the military for that matter). I do agree that the marines could use some more attention in the operation flashpoint community. You are obviously very interested in the USMC, so if you want I can find download links to some of the best addons available incase you do not have them already.  That way you can have joint operations between the two branches while playing FFUR07.

@TB, good news on the mod’s progress.  Your beta testers did a fantastic job with FFUR2007 by the way.  It is funny, with every release I say to myself that this mod can’t get any better.  Somehow you find a way to surprise me every time.

Try the DMA Naval Pack?

[Finding link that works]

Quote[/b] ]But now im using Only FFUR in his final version this will still works ?

Don't miss the patches, but to answer to your question, it is "yes", FFUR 2007 pack works properly online and we hope the next incoming pack (FFUR/SLX 2007) would follow the same way.

Quote[/b] ]So now im playing ffur whitouth SLX do i have to edit another PBO or the same ?

Negative, all you have to do is to check out the first news post in this thread and download the patches after having installed the main full pack.

Quote[/b] ]@TB, good news on the mod’s progress. Your beta testers did a fantastic job with FFUR2007 by the way. It is funny, with every release I say to myself that this mod can’t get any better. Somehow you find a way to surprise me every time.

Thanks, you are the welcome, I hope you would appreciate the upcoming pack as well.

Concerning the incoming release, the second BETA is actually online and the installer would hopefully be carried out as soon as the BETA Testers would give their green light to release the pack.

Regards,

TB

TB, tell please how ffur+slx will be look in MP. I tryed to play in ffur on some servers and on some servers i can. But i do it alone. So can we play together if i use ffur and another player use ofpr?

Many players like ffur but they don't use it because they want to play MP. There are no servers for ffur. Some servers which was written in this topic there are no in net. I didn't find them.

Just two issues I figured I would mention for the update:

1.  Can we get friendly units to display as green on the radar instead of white?  I also think that the "green" map markers actually show up as white as well, not sure at the moment however.

2.  While playing a mission I had two injured tank crews and I could not get them to heal at my medics or a field hospital tent either.  Their action menus were empty even though they were right next to the field hospital/medic.  I tried the same thing without FFUR and it worked fine, so I am not too sure what happend there.

EDIT: Just for reference I was just using FFUR2007 and the patches.

Quote[/b] ]tell please how ffur+slx will be look in MP.

The FFUR/SLX MOD is intended to be used in Single Game mode, I can't garantee the mod's stability on-line as it has been done for the FFUR 2007 vanilla, the lack of time and the fact that more than 70% of OFP's community moved to ArmA doesn't help as well.

Quote[/b] ]I tryed to play in ffur on some servers and on some servers i can

You can't run FFUR with SLX on FFUR 2007 dedicated servers, unless if they use a FFUR - SLX config.

Quote[/b] ]So can we play together if i use ffur and another player use ofpr?

Negative, the FFUR 2007 is meant to be used online, exclusively on dedicated servers, due to the amount of changes provided by the MOD.

Quote[/b] ]Can we get friendly units to display as green on the radar instead of white?

Well, some massive changes using powerful ++ tools have been utilized to get ride of BIS default color settings, so finding again the specific line in the resource.cpp to figure out the issue might require some time, I would give it a try but with no guarantee of success.

Quote[/b] ]While playing a mission I had two injured tank crews and I could not get them to heal at my medics or a field hospital tent either.

Logically, AI should heal itself automatically after being hit, (with medical support = AI medic, tent, hospital... etc), but I would get a look at it too.

<s>Btw, if some people are interested in helping us to Beta Test the FFUR/SLX BETA MOD, please let me know about it by pm.</s>

Thank you all for your amazing support

regards,

TB

Well, some massive changes using powerful ++ tools have been utilized to get ride of BIS default color settings, so finding again the specific line in the resource.cpp to figure out the issue might require some time, I would give it a try but with no guarantee  of success.

Thanks for taking a look, but don't worry too much over it.  It's not a big issue with regards to gameplay, and I didnt realize how complicated it could possibly be to solve.

Do ya'll know what the classname of the BTR-80 (Or is it 90?) is?

Quote[/b] ]Thanks for taking a look, but don't worry too much over it. It's not a big issue with regards to gameplay, and I didnt realize how complicated it could possibly be to solve.

Apparently, the concerned issue wasn't related to the resource.cpp but to some specific config.cpp values, and that has been figured out and changed for the incoming release. :]

Quote[/b] ]Do ya'll know what the classname of the BTR-80 (Or is it 90?) is?

It is a BTR-80 and it does replace BIS 'BRDM', class brdm.

regards

TB

Not sure if this have ever been discussed but is there a mod or is it even possible to change the rainning effect? Like stronger rain with little splash on the ground etc. Could be related with ffur wink_o.gif

OFP's rain effects are in fact 'animated-textures', they can be changed but this doesn't go to the splash Fx, which requires to be scripted, though.

Nice idea, but unfortunately, there are more significant priorities now.

Regards,

TB

Nice idea, but unfortunately, there are more significant priorities now.

Like the body explosion? :P I do hope thats still on your list Tb wink_o.gif

Alright im gonna download this mod and try it i like the new islands already... btw can i see pictures of the sky and water?

Also are their any servers using this mod atm?

NEEDER, HitCorp PMC will be running an FFUR2007 + Tonal Redux server soon. I'm sure you'll like it. Maybe just for you (seeing as I keep seeing you pop up here all the time) I might shove on a few USMC addons and missions. wink_o.giftounge2.gif

*SILENCE* COOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats great man!

I like the russian and the americans so that leaves me with me pistols.gif resistance

awesome - again playin OFP smile_o.gif

will there be seasonal wheather like

winter - snow,blizzard,...

spring - some little rain and rainbows,...

summer - different kind of sunset,...

fall - severe storm, dense fog, continuous rain,...

would be well for atmosphere wink_o.gif

have you looked into the pilots helmet.

i am working on some stuff for Jehra maybe you can use them for the Resistance side, i thank it could be possible for them to get there hands on a few FMA IA-58 pucaras or even a Cavalier F-51D mustang MK 2. you never know who the CIA or Mi6 would support. pistols.gif

TB, Can U post release date of ur FFUR+SLX? For example, 1 day and 10 h 56 min 47 sek last tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Like the body explosion? :P I do hope thats still on your list Tb

According to our BETA-testers the script isn't well-optimized, due to some model issues in-game, so it would be temporary removed, at least until it would be fixed and better implemented.

Quote[/b] ]will there be seasonal wheather like

winter - snow,blizzard,...

spring - some little rain and rainbows,...

summer - different kind of sunset,...

fall - severe storm, dense fog, continuous rain,...

The NIM MOD's team has carried out an amazing pack a while ago, but unfortunately, these script cause some lag problems, especially when used with a lot of units.

Btw, I just would like to thank you all for the great and unique support, and for your dedication, this thread would be locked now, as a major release is getting very close.

:]

Best Regards

TB