Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2007

The high smoke of burning vehicle on graa mod is good and ll be great in ffur tounge2.gif

The su27 would be better with some air ground weapons...

Hey thunderbird84, thanks for the response. smile_o.gif

Something else came to my attention... the excessive smoke levels produced by infantry weapons. its a bit unrealistic, considering that i dont see that much smoke coming off any rifle ive fired, AR15 included. remember, the propellant used in ammunition today is considered "smokeless" smile_o.gif so i was wondering, if that would be changed or adjusted in any way? its a bit annoying when using the scoped M4 ingame and after firing a few short bursts, i cant see anything properly, and i feel more like im playing a collonial mod (minus the scope and full auto of course) than a modern military mod. wow_o.gif

also, any chance the resistance could get a proper APC variant of the MT-LB much like the russians have a BTR-80 and the americans have an M113 as thier light troop transports? just another question. wow_o.gif

just a few questions on my part, thanks for the great work so far! keep it up! smile_o.gif

Col. Psycho

Quote[/b] ]What do u prefer send pic about them on your mail or put them on this topic. If you prefer place them here, say how can i do it.

Upload your screenshot as .jpg file (>100 KB) by using the following free and popular images hosting : Imageshack then use the "Image" button in your panel to include your screenshot's link into your post.

Quote[/b] ]The high smoke of burning vehicle on graa mod is good and ll be great in ffur

The next incoming FFUR/SLX MOD's pack would feature the SLX effects which look quite realistic and pretty well-optimized.

Quote[/b] ]The su27 would be better with some air ground weapons..

Certainly, but the Flanker has been incorporated with the aim to balance between both sides (US and Russian) in terms of Jet Fighters because the US side was already having the Falcon.

Quote[/b] ]Something else came to my attention... the excessive smoke levels produced by infantry weapons. its a bit unrealistic,

The smoke has been considerably decreased for the incoming release and the smoke particles have been replaced by SLX MOD's Fx.

Quote[/b] ]also, any chance the resistance could get a proper APC variant of the MT-LB much like the russians have a BTR-80 and the americans have an M113 as thier light troop transports? just another question.

Well, as the FIA side is supposed to use the russian captured or stolen gear, the BMP is quite sufficient imo, but I would take this suggestion into consideration for future.

Thank you for your interest.

Regards,

TB

Not to be rude or anything, but I think the AK sound is kind of crappy. The sounds from FFUR 2006 were near perfect.

The AK, the RPK and the PK have the same sound. I know from experience that they don´t...

Might want to have a look into that.

Just my two cents.

Great mod, though...

Quote[/b] ]Not to be rude or anything, but I think the AK sound is kind of crappy. The sounds from FFUR 2006 were near perfect.

You probably missed the last patches which replace the russian firearms SFX by better ones, get a look at the first post of this thread to download them.

Quote[/b] ]I was always wondering since ffur 1.0 i think some aircraft (US)(bis one) aren't there anymore. Just wondering why?

BIS Cobra has been replaced by the AH-64A, which in terms of visual appearance, looks very close to the AH-64D intended to replace BIS Apache, the Cobra has been taken out from the mission editor (mainly to keep the size of the US Air Class close to the russian one, to avoid giving the impression that US get more aircrafts than russians) but it is still playable in missions as AH-64A.

regards

TB

Hello TB i have to say that FFUR is one of my fav's MODS

But i have a little question, Can i disable the Smoke Bullet prooff when i fire my gun ?

cuz its make me lag so much

waiting for any answer thx

BTW im using the SLX+FFUR Cfg thumbs-up.gif

notworthy.gif

Thunderbird , have you thought of changing the animations ? the GRAA bonus update by Sanctuary are very cool , specially the crouch walk  smile_o.gif

Here is my attempt at putting the GRAA animations into FFUR 2007.

Usage: Extract Files into Operation Flashpoint Folder and overwrite existing folders and files. Make A copy of original Anim.pbo, ffur_anims.pbo before extracting. Files can be found in the editable folder under ffur2007 and ffur2007+slx within the ffur2007 directory

Link By Filefront.com

FFUR 2007 GRAA Animations

Link By OFP.info

DOWNLOAD GRAA FFUR Anims

Credits:

Sanctuary - Basic Animations Files Used In This Download

ThunderBird84 - FFUR Leader and config writer

Big-Rooney, ok i'll test it. Can u write description of this? What does it do?

TB and what do u think about FFUR 2007 GRAA Animations?

Sorry if it has been reported already:

In the T90, when running into unbreakable pinetrees (using replacement islands), i hear an explosion sound, instead of the expected "bump" sound.

Many times i thought i was being shot at ! tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Big-Rooney, ok i'll test it. Can u write description of this? What does it do?

TB and what do u think about FFUR 2007 GRAA Animations?

This pack introduces the GRAA Animations by sanctuary into the FFUR 2007 World. It adds leaning, Rolling and the GRAA crouch walk and run, Also the Running with AT weapon when you press Shift. This release is not affilated with the FFUR  Team and is my own work. FFUR leader Thunderbird84 has nothing to do with this release.

Quote[/b] ]Will these animas kill my much ballyhooed and coveted powerslide in slx/ffur?

It will yes! If you don't want this to happen, don't overwrite the anim.pbo.

I have a question, why does everyone make in mods army vs russia or whatever when the USMC is way stronger then the army....?

TB, one question.

When i play in missions for OFPR with FFUR07 sometimes game is turn off with erorr. Is it happen because this missions for OFPR? Or u have another ideas?

Sorry, two questions. biggrin_o.gif

When will be performance of your new paths? smile_o.gif

I have a question, why does everyone make in mods army vs russia or whatever when the USMC is way stronger then the army....?

It would be awesome if FFUR team added marines to both sides... well, Naval infantry for the ruskies. but yeah. thats alot of work.

Quote[/b] ]Will these animas kill my much ballyhooed and coveted powerslide in slx/ffur?

am i wrong or the slx ffur version by TB did never had the powerslide feature ?

am i wrong or the slx ffur version by TB did never had the powerslide feature ?

Ive got it working with FFUR/SLX although it seems picky about what order you place in your properties menu. Only seems to work as -mod= @FFUR2007/@slx/@ffur_SLX

with the last folder being one I made containing an slx config and a FFUR Bin.

TB, can u add to your patch 'slow move'? In game soldiers can only 'run' and 'run faster'. Sometimes 'slow move' is realy need.

TB, can u add to your patch 'slow move'? In game soldiers can only 'run' and 'run faster'. Sometimes 'slow move' is realy need.

that has been in there since the beginning of OFP and has never been removed by any mod. I use the "walk" mode all the time when I need to move stealthily inside an urban area.

Quote[/b] ]But i have a little question, Can i disable the Smoke Bullet prooff when i fire my gun ?

cuz its make me lag so much

waiting for any answer thx

BTW im using the SLX+FFUR Cfg

The old school's way (combination of shortcuts paths) is really heavy in terms of system resources and causes some serious lag issues at times, and that's the main reason behind the creation of a MOD that combines both of FFUR and SLX.

Still, if you want to take out bullets impacts particles in a sure way, then unpbo your 'slx_gl3.pbo', open 'slx_Init_Unit' and take out the following line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if(SLX_ShotFX>0)then{_a addEventHandler ["Fired",{if(({_x in SLX_Exclude}count [_this select 1,_this select 2,_this select 4])<1)then{_shot = (nearestObject [_this select 0, _this select 4]); [_shot,getpos _shot,getdir _shot,velocity _shot,speed _shot,typeOf _shot,_this] exec (SLX_GL3_path+"SLX_ShotFX.sqs"); if((typeOf _shot) in SLX_LaunchGrenades)then{deletevehicle _shot};};}]};

Quote[/b] ]Here is my attempt at putting the GRAA animations into FFUR 2007.

Thank you, nice implementation and good job on making it working that nicely.

Quote[/b] ]In the T90, when running into unbreakable pinetrees (using replacement islands), i hear an explosion sound, instead of the expected "bump" sound.

Some .c++ minor tweaks would be required to fix this issue, and a new 'tree-destruction' SFX might be needed as well.

Quote[/b] ]I have a question, why does everyone make in mods army vs russia or whatever when the USMC is way stronger then the army....?

I can't confirm your point about the concerned branch's "strength", but in terms of game-play, the changes have been done with the aim to respect BIS campaigns storyline.

Quote[/b] ]When i play in missions for OFPR with FFUR07 sometimes game is turn off with erorr. Is it happen because this missions for OFPR? Or u have another ideas?

This wouldn't help, as long as you don't provide the mission's name and the conditions of your error's message.

Quote[/b] ]When will be performance of your new paths?

There would be no patch, but a full pack combining both of FFUR and SLX, check out the previous pages for further information.

Quote[/b] ]It would be awesome if FFUR team added marines to both sides... well, Naval infantry for the ruskies. but yeah. thats alot of work.

Frankly, It all depends on ArmA 505 release, if the game would success then FFUR would move to the new world, otherwise we would keep working on the old'n good platform.

Anyways, I just would like to let you know that the MOD is nearing completion and should hopefully be released very soon, the BETA-Testers have graciously done an amazing work on the first BETA, the second BETA would be available soon, more manpower would be needed for the second one, though. (Just to avoid bothering the first BETA's Beta Testers senses and health, heh).

smile_o.gif

Best Regards,

TB

Sorry I didn't do mutch "testing" been very busy sneezing and lying in bed all day...

I PM'd you the ONE bug I noticed.

Edit: Bug 2 wow_o.gifhttp://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3363/wtfql7.png F'cked up pistol anim. Was using an M1911 at the time, standing still. When you move it works normal (You go flat for a second when changing between still (half stuck in ground) and normal pistol running anim)

Also, I see what that guy means about ru and run faster, with a pistol or no weapon, W usualy makes you walk, but in SLX and FFURSLX W runs and E runs faster. Tap F to go into walk mode!

Thx for the answer TB

But now im using Only FFUR in his final version this will still works ?

Because FFUR+SLX was a nice experience in MP but too many CTD make me change mi config and play FFUR vanilla

So now im playing ffur whitouth SLX do i have to edit another PBO or the same ?

Thx for the answer and sry for my crapy english

thumbs-up.gif