Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2007

it depends on if the m1a2 survives or is destroyed in the first moments of the mission . Once it was destroyed by the east rpg soldiers in the first steps of the mission and the whole us army was slaughtered by the russian armored vehicles and infantry , it was horrible ! crazy_o.gif

TB thanks for your reply about SLX effects tounge2.gif

In game i have found one little error. When i play with M4A1 50 i can switch on light. It's because there is torch on machine carbine. But when i change weapon and take AK, i still can switch on light. And it's ligth from charger. It's not critical but it's error. smile_o.gif

In your next path think about correct work SLX and FFUR. I mean, many players have one identical problem. When they start ffur there are appear massage in menu "Script \SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs not found" And they try correct it manually. Please correct it. Players must to do one click "install" and say "Amazing game!" tounge2.gif

After your next path think about desert camouflage for SU soldiers and green camouflage for US soldiers biggrin_o.gif

After your next path think about desert camouflage for SU soldiers and green camouflage for US soldiers  biggrin_o.gif

Green camo for U.S.?

THis is FFUR2007 not FFUR1985 or something older, the modern U.S. Camoflage (Can't spell damn it) used it any enviroments, is the one you see in FFUR... Called ACU. I know it sticks out and kind of sucks, but thats why its called FFUR2007, cause it uses equipment from 2007 if it sucks or not!

After your next path think about desert camouflage for SU soldiers and green camouflage for US soldiers  biggrin_o.gif

Green camo for U.S.?

This is FFUR2007 not FFUR1985 or something based pre-2005-ish, the modern U.S. Camoflage (Can't spell damn it) used it any enviroments, is the one you see in FFUR... Called ACU. I know it sticks out and kind of sucks, but thats why its called FFUR2007, cause it uses equipment from 2007 if it sucks or not!

Plus he didn't make the units, its a compilation of different peoples stuff into one replacment pack.

Holy hell, it doesn't stick out in real life. What else out there is good for Woodland AND Desert. NOTHING. It's the best compromise there is.

one camo for woodland , and other one for desert , it's quite easy biggrin_o.gif anyway , what do the woodland and the desert enviroments have in common ? nothing at all

I never seen it in real life  huh.gif  So I wouldn't know.

*Changes mind* "Oh yesh imma big army man in the 431st SF 1337 Division and see big guns and AH SEE YOU camo every dey!"

Only kidding as you may tell. No offence to the guys who we all know are the real deal... But we do get the odd faker... tounge2.gif

Although I ain't noticed anyone in the OFP community who is truley a "1337 pl0nk3r".

one camo for woodland , and other one for desert , it's quite easy biggrin_o.gif anyway , what do the woodland and the desert enviroments have in common ? nothing at all

ACU has replaced the BDU and DCU to be used in both woodland and desert environments.

Blazin, if this is FFUR 2007, where is russian tank "Black Eagle"? biggrin_o.gif

TB, about tanks characteristics they are not realistic. If u want i can give u some article about it smile_o.gif

For example, rate of fire Abrams is about 8 shots in min. T-90 is about 6-8 shots in min.

Armoring. Equivalent stability a kinetic ammunition is 770mm (Abrams) and 800-830 mm (T90 with protection Contact-5)

Equivalent stability a cumulative ammunition is 1000-1200 mm (Abrams) and 1150-1350 mm (T90 with protection Contact-5).

Protection Contact - 5 is placed on all T72 and T90.

On T80 protection "Relict" is established.

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just loaded the @SLX mod and the 1.021 Patch / SLX Compatible Config - amazing work TB - a little lagish at times - but simply reduced the visibility and everything worked great

As already said in the previous page, it would be better to wait for the incoming MOD's release because it is based on a combination of both mods and is more optimized.

Quote[/b] ]Uh, it says you updated/replaced the civs. I don't notice any new civs or replaced civs? Only replaced cars.

Well spotted, the first thread's post should be updated.

Quote[/b] ]Instead of creating a relatively static situation where you have to defend one area, it turned into a free-roaming search and destroy mission where different fireteams branched out far and wide to hunt down and kill the scattered Russian forces.

Heh, the upcoming FFUR/SLX MOD would always force OPFOR troops to attack your position without never fleeing or surrendering in the aim to avoid having again similar situations, which aren't helpful to accomplish the mission's objectives.

Quote[/b] ]In game i have found one little error. When i play with M4A1 50 i can switch on light. It's because there is torch on machine carbine. But when i change weapon and take AK, i still can switch on light. And it's ligth from charger. It's not critical but it's error

I wouldn't call it an error as it was aimed to be a feature, heh, but thanks for reporting it, it would be removed from the next release.

Quote[/b] ]In your next path think about correct work SLX and FFUR. I mean, many players have one identical problem. When they start ffur there are appear massage in menu "Script \SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs not found" And they try correct it manually.

This happens because you haven't carried out properly the combination between both mods, just follow people's instructions that have been posted here and there or simply get a look at the 13th page of this thread if you can't wait until the release of the FFUR/SLX Mod.

Quote[/b] ]After your next path think about desert camouflage for SU soldiers and green camouflage for US soldiers

There is no point in including Desert/BDU camos to the US side because as stated above, not only that wouldn't fit with the islands climat and vegetation but the BDU camo is currently getting replaced by the ACU gear, if you are interested in getting these camos in FFUR then simply run the mod with (Laser, Hyakushi's... etc addons).

Quote[/b] ]Blazin, if this is FFUR 2007, where is russian tank "Black Eagle"?

The russian army still massively uses T-80 and T-90 as main battle tanks.

Quote[/b] ]TB, about tanks characteristics they are not realistic. If u want i can give u some article about it

The aim of the modification is to replace every default unit in-game with the best the community has to offer, which explains the meaning behind 'FlashFX Units Replacement Pack' - 'FFUR'. Each unit has to meet a certain high standard, and each unit has special features not seen in the original game.

The mod isn't aimed to be realistic at 100% as the main objective to reach is to keep the Game-Play and Realism well balanced, but by slightly focusing more on the realistic aspect of the Mod as long as that doesn't cause any issues to BIS missions.

Regards,

TB

one camo for woodland , and other one for desert , it's quite easy  biggrin_o.gif anyway , what do the woodland and the desert enviroments have in common ? nothing at all

ACU has replaced the BDU and DCU to be used in both woodland and desert environments.

The ACU camo pattern has replaced all of the standard BDU within the army hence the name Army Combat Uniform. The US Air Force still uses both the Woodland and Desert BDU's for their ground units, So ACU hasn't fully taken over within the whole US military. But since this mod is using Army personnel there would be no point in having woodland.

Btw Tbird any screens of the upcoming FFUR/SLX mod. Some screens of the new effects would be nice.

TB, would you mind adding the Tunguska and the Likenbaker vehicles to the shilka and vulkan? (You had them in one of the FFUR 2006 versions if I remember) The shilka and the vulcan are good for replacing the BIS units. However both are 1960's vehicles, and frankly they are not used much in neither the U.S or the Russian armies in 2007. So ADDING their modern replacements should not break up BIS missions, but will contribute to realism.

Yearh, could we have some new screens of the new features? smile_o.gif

Hi, I'm new! For talk about the FFUR creator, where I need send a email?

Bye!

PS: I'm Italian, are there some italians over me?

(Ci sono altri italiani)?

You meanyou want to contact him? He reads these posts here.

Oh btw TB, I wanted to know weather the big smoke effects (from explosions) from FFUR 2007 will in the FFUR/SLX mashup?

im lovin them, they add so much to battles, and would hate to see them gone!

Thunderbird , have you thought of changing the animations ? the GRAA bonus update by Sanctuary are very cool , specially the crouch walk smile_o.gif

TB, would you mind adding the Tunguska and the Likenbaker vehicles to the shilka and vulkan? (You had them in one of the FFUR 2006 versions if I remember) The shilka and the vulcan are good for replacing the BIS units. However both are 1960's vehicles, and frankly they are not used much in neither the U.S or the Russian armies in 2007. So ADDING their modern replacements should not break up BIS missions, but will contribute to realism.

That's Linebacker.

Good job man~

but I think there is something wrong with the model of BMP2,it looks too high~

I know the BMP2 is from the CSLA2(early version),but this problem has been fixed in their new version, I hope it can be fixed in FFUR too~

Sorry for my poor English sad_o.gif

Ah... right Linebacker, my mistake. On a side note replacing the Ka-52 with the Mi-28,will also be nice. That's because the Mi-28 have been chosen as the next gen attack helicopter for Russia. The Ka-52 is not produced or operational.

Source: Russian state television (Channel Russia/RTR)

TB, i agree with some participants of a forum. Think about add to your next patch Tuguska. Because Antiaircraft Gun ZSU-23-4 "Shilka" consists on arms from1962. Anti-Aircraft - 2S6 "Tuguska" consists on arms from 1982. biggrin_o.gif

And some interesting things...

Sometimes when the truck with people blows up and starts to burn all who inside remain are alive. I have some pictures about it biggrin_o.gif

Hey.

great mod! i just wish there was more detailed special forces - i.e a subcategory for each side which contains every class but in SF form. i.e medics, MG, etc, but all SF like with supressors n shit.

my main question is this:

1) can i please get a 100% accurate list of all weapon config names in FFUR2007 along with thier respective ammo types? I want to add a few to my missions and i dont know where to find such a list. :E

also, my last question:

i want to use the zombie mod with this mod, is that possible? has it been tested and found stable and working?

thanks again FFUR team!

Col. Psycho

Quote[/b] ]Btw Tbird any screens of the upcoming FFUR/SLX mod. Some screens of the new effects would be nice.

Some screens would be published as soon as the BETA pack intended to Beta-testers is on-line.

Quote[/b] ]TB, would you mind adding the Tunguska and the Likenbacker vehicles to the shilka and vulkan?

Well, having already included both of these armored antiaircraft vehicles to the previous FFUR packs, I'm afraid they wouldn't be incorporated once again, first, because they don't fit with several missions, (Powerful/accurate cannons and missiles capabilities) and, by popular demand, we had to take'em out and put back the shilka and the vulcan.

Quote[/b] ]Hi, I'm new! For talk about the FFUR creator, where I need send a email?

Heh, check out my profile page or just let me know about your issue here.

Quote[/b] ]Oh btw TB, I wanted to know weather the big smoke effects (from explosions) from FFUR 2007 will in the FFUR/SLX mashup?

Indeed.

Quote[/b] ]Thunderbird , have you thought of changing the animations ? the GRAA bonus update by Sanctuary are very cool , specially the crouch walk

Probably, but some changes would be required in order to implement some of SLX needed animations to Sanctuary's anim pack.

Quote[/b] ]I know the BMP2 is from the CSLA2(early version),but this problem has been fixed in their new version, I hope it can be fixed in FFUR too~

Thanks for the information,

I will check it out and will keep you informed.

Quote[/b] ]On a side note replacing the Ka-52 with the Mi-28,will also be nice

Heh, there is some kind of nostalgy in the air, well I could make a config for your own use if you wish to get again the Tunguska, Linebacker and the Havoc, once the FFUR/SLX mod's released, though. ;-)

Quote[/b] ]i just wish there was more detailed special forces - i.e a subcategory for each side which contains every class but in SF form. i.e medics, MG, etc, but all SF like with supressors n shit.

This sounds interesting here as special troops have different specialties, indeed.

This would hopefully be done with the next incoming release.

Quote[/b] ]can i please get a 100% accurate list of all weapon config names in FFUR2007 along with thier respective ammo types?

Sure, a list containing all of magazines and firearms classes would be included to the upcoming mod's pack.

Quote[/b] ]i want to use the zombie mod with this mod, is that possible? has it been tested and found stable and working?

It all depends on how the Zombie Mod is configured, if it uses a main config ( \bin\ ) then you would need to combine both mods in the aim to run them properly, otherwise, just move the Zombie Mod's addons into your main addons folder and run it with FFUR, it should work with no problem by following this way.

Thanks all for the kind words, feedbacks and for the continued support, the upcoming mod is nearing completion and should hopefully be released before the end of the current week.

regards,

TB

Thx for your reply~

you can just compare the BMP2(russia) with the BMP1(resistance), then you will find the problem

TB, we are wating your patches MP and SLX biggrin_o.gif

Oh, about bugs and errors. What do u prefer send pic about them on your mail or put them on this topic. If you prefer place them here, say how can i do it. smile_o.gif

About your next path. What do u think about mortar detachment and trenches (cover from fire). Think about new function "entrench oneself".  tounge2.gif