Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2007

woop! got the extra pack working, however, did you edit the Flame effects on the Vehicles, as i think it goes a bit too fast and is a bit, too much like a ball.. look at SLX screenshots of flaming vehicles and in game they look brilliant.

The same with the smoke effect, was that also sped up?

I have seen some pictures showing that reported problem where some plants have no textures and are all white, and I think I know the problem and solution, but didnt test it.

First an example. While I was making the extra pack that I released, I was trying to find the textures for SLX fire effect, but couldn't. Later I realized that it was not a texture but a new model. When using that all the fire and smoke seemed like boxes(pretty weird), the problem was that it had no textures for those new models I put in Data3D.pbo. So where are those?? Well... it was inside an addon pbo, one that comes with 'FFUR 2007', that is called 'SLX_Cloud.pbo'. So that is why there was no problem when using this pack with this mod.

Now... I think it's the same for that grass problem. Since there arent any more SLX addons in FFUR 2007 instalation, you will need to find wich of SLX addons has that texture and put it in FFUR 2007 addons folder. (Ask Solus, he's really helpfull)

Or you could use my new pack on page 16, it doesn't use foilage replacement because I like to use Berghoff nature packs, or in the lastest pack by thunderbird84 when installing select not to use the foilage.

For those who want to use SLX fire you will need to get the four 'cl_*.p3d' files and put them in newdata folder before installing and edit the installer to add them.

Bye! thumbs-up.gif

Okay I tested the 1.02-1 patch and expansion pack. My earlier post was a question about the config.bin procedure in the install--not sure if I got that right. When I tried using the edit program it said that I was missing res\hwtl\dta.pbo file or something like that.

In any event, I tested the install last night and they only thing that appeared changed was the sound. I imagine the new sounds are more realistic, but I kind of prefer the Ffurr 2007 1.01 sounds--though I can live with the new sounds.

What other new effects should I see? In taking out a couple of BMPs I noted that they burned for a long time. I'm assuming that is a new 1.02 slx feature?

I just want to thank Thunderbird and your team for all this work. Your work is so inspiring that I am replaying all the old campaigns. Thanks

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, theres no info on it in the readme's.

No matter what i try, I can't seem to get SLX and FFUR to work.

Do i modify the target line on the FFUR2007.exe to say FFUR2007.exe" -mod=@SLX

or do i make a shortcut to FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE with -mod=@SLX;@FFUR2007

Ive tried all kinds of combinations.

Spent hours doin 2007 and SLX. blasted me away! Great work!

@:metalhead!

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@slx -mod=ffur2007

Works for me! Make sure you have the ffur2007 1.02 patch wink_o.gif and the bin!

woop! got the extra pack working, however, did you edit the Flame effects on the Vehicles, as i think it goes a bit too fast and is a bit, too much like a ball.. look at SLX screenshots of flaming vehicles and in game they look brilliant.

The same with the smoke effect, was that also sped up?

indeed, many times the flames in ffur 2007 + slx don't look the same as in the slx mod alone , they look like fast balls of fire . in the t80's and heavy tanks they work better , but in cars, trucks and bmps they look like balls .

Ok with the new slx config and patch 1.021; how do install this. Do I put it in my FFUR2007 folder or my FFUR2007 + @SLX folder?

I am getting an error on the US Flame Soldier - when attempting to engage the enemy - he lights himself on fire instead of toasting the tangos.  Any ideas ?

Cheers

Oops - it was a spillover from a VME file I think - I have found that the 1.02 patch caused some conflicts with some Lobo addons (Iranian troops and EE-9 Armoured car) and the ICP ZSU-23-4 (crew error) - re-installed the v.1.0 and all the issues disappeared.

Cheers,

*EDIT* - Also re-installed strictly the patches 1.01 and 1.02 and everything is perfect - it may be a conflict with the Extra Pack that is provided - amazing work TB (now that I have it up and running problem free)

Did anyone actually successfully played the single player campaigns with this one? The first mission (Flashpoint) of the 1985 campaign was not that challenging, but took much longer. Very cool. In the second one, I almost made it into the city before the tanks came. This wasn't that hard, but much more challenging. Quickly replaying the one where you start alone and have to survive until you meet the resistance, I noticed that the enemy is much too strong to make it far. Hiding in the woods doesn't help much, the enemy finds me quickly, and I am quickly hopefully outnumbered.

Now this is the first time I install this otherwise excellent mod. I read that in some earlier versions there were two settings, one for SP and one for MP. Does this version have something similar? Are there plans and/or easy ways to weaken the AI a bit? Any help would be great.

Ok I need help here.

I successfully got slx and ffur2007 to run as stand alone mods.

When I followed T-Birds directions for a merge of the two mods, it works (runs okay), however the uniforms and vehicles are all from 1985. FFur 2007 is runnning because I get the new UI at the beginning etc.

Is this what is supposed to happen with the merge? I would prefer to have ffur 2007 modernization the slx affects--is that possible???

im using ffur2007 with slx and it seems to me that the sd weapons dont work right... when i make 1 shot kills or shoot 1 shot in the air 100m away from a enemy all guards get alerted and alarm sounds(Incursion CWC champaign).

Quote[/b] ]Ok I need help here.

I successfully got slx and ffur2007 to run as stand alone mods.

When I followed T-Birds directions for a merge of the two mods, it works (runs okay), however the uniforms and vehicles are all from 1985. FFur 2007 is runnning because I get the new UI at the beginning etc.

Is this what is supposed to happen with the merge? I would prefer to have ffur 2007 modernization the slx affects--is that possible???

Are you using the right shortcut properties to run the mods together.

Quote[/b] ]im using ffur2007 with slx and it seems to me that the sd weapons dont work right... when i make 1 shot kills or shoot 1 shot in the air 100m away from a enemy all guards get alerted and alarm sounds(Incursion CWC champaign).

SD bullets in FFUR2007 don't appear to be classed as sd bullets, they might be classed as standard bullets and the AI reacts the same way to the SD bullets as they do the standard bullets, with instant aleart mode and hitting the deck.

Now this is the first time I install this otherwise excellent mod. I read that in some earlier versions there were two settings, one for SP and one for MP. Does this version have something similar? Are there plans and/or easy ways to weaken the AI a bit? Any help would be great.

I too am having troubles with AI though I thought that it was the SLX mod (I'm running FFUR2007+SLX). The AI doesn't behave at all like it's supposed to so it's hard to meet certain criteria in the single player missions.

I am finding that even with the new patch installed - the firefights last a little longer but my squad are still dumb as posts and take cover in the middle of the street - even the squad leaders - is there anyway for the AI to automatically search for cover when contact is made ?

Cheers,

FOR THOSE WHO WANT SLX WORKING WITH FFUR:

All I've done is got FFUR '07, and installed.

Updated to 1.01 then 1.02.

Got SLX 1.09, and put in OFP directory.

Updated to 1.091.

Downloaded FFUR's FFUR+SLX config (Yes, its on www.ffur.net).

Put the config in the directory.

Added -mod=ffur2007;@SLX;FFUR2007+@SLX to my shortcut

And ran...

Works... With this config you loose a tiny amount of SLX fetures (That silly little dive is all I've noticed...)

NOTE:

With SLX's FFUR+SLX config (Comes with SLX) you get a few bugs and it runs laggier... But you have the dive.

EDIT: All I edited was I deleted a line that made no sense and was spelt badly.

Hi everyone,

First, thank you for keeping interest in FFUR, even if OFP's community's getting less every day and I wish to especially thank people who kindly try to help others in order to figure out issues and all those who try to make things get further (Blazin, SamotH, Big-Rooney and all others,) thank you.

After getting back home for a few days, I have decided to carry out a 100% FFUR 1.02/SLX 1.091 combination intended to make things easy to install, it would include all of SLX and FFUR features and would get its own MOD folder, a cutsom GUI and we would make sure that it would be very stable in-game.

Although being almost done, we will test it very carefully (with BIS campaigns) to redefine and rework a few aspects of this combination to avoid breaking BIS storyline (e.g: Enemy fleeing or surrendering... etc).

Furthermore, this new mod (FFUR 2007/SLX) would be easly upgradable.

Further detailed informations and screenshots would be published as soon as the combo's accomplished.

Thanks all for the kind words and the support,

Best Regards,

TB

Terrific news Thunderbird! Keep us posted and thanks for the dedication!

Hi everyone,

First, thank you for keeping interest in FFUR, even if OFP's community's getting less every day and I wish to especially thank people who kindly try to help others in order to figure out issues and all those who try to make things get further (Blazin, SamotH, Big-Rooney and all others,) thank you.

After getting back home for a few days, I have decided to carry out a 100% FFUR 1.02/SLX 1.091 combination intended to make things easy to install, it would include all of SLX and FFUR features and would get its own MOD folder, a cutsom GUI and we would make sure that it would be very stable in-game.

Although being almost done, we will test it very carefully (with BIS campaigns) to redefine and rework a few aspects of this combination to avoid breaking BIS storyline (e.g: Enemy fleeing or surrendering... etc).

Furthermore, this new mod (FFUR 2007/SLX) would be easly upgradable.

Further detailed informations and screenshots would be published as soon as the combo's accomplished.

Thanks all for the kind words and the support,

Best Regards,

TB

Sounds awesome!

Will this combination include the wind-effects of SLX?

(I do however hope that the vegetation and houses of the islands will not be replaced with SLX "versions")

@Blazin

i can only speak for myself but I have found that 'silly little dive' to have saved my ass on many occassions. Especially when I'm targerted from multiple angles and outta ammo. Sure beats that "oh, i'm being shot at, let me take 3 seconds and go prone" animation.Two things I always thought OFP was missing was emotion (rage,panic) and explosive moves that surely soldiers IRL have to pull off to save their skin. It may be a little over the top but it's the closest thing without programming a 'scramble' feature.

@Thunderbird84

Great news! I think I've aleady got both mods working 100% but if you can streamline the GL3 AI so it don't break missions that would be great. Good luck biggrin_o.gif

Goddamn you TB you are the man. Excellent news as usual from the FFUR leader!!!

Thanks for the news.

@Blazin

i can only speak for myself but I have found that 'silly little dive' to have saved my ass on many occassions. Especially when I'm targerted from multiple angles and outta ammo. Sure beats that "oh, i'm being shot at, let me take 3 seconds and go prone" animation.

oh yes, it has saved my life too in more than one situation , specially when they throw at you a grenade surprisengly and you run desperately and go prone , and fiiiiiiuw... ! your ears ring and you see all in white , it was close ! biggrin_o.gif that's inmersion ! inlove.gif