Sign in to follow this  
Lonewolf1980

New Demo .exe released (v.5110)

Is a special symbol associated with dedicated servers, in the MP game browser? Would be interesting ...

It says in the readme that you shouldn't use this new *.exe for clients, so you only use it if you are hosting.

no only people who are going to setup a dedicated server need this.

we can still join the new dedicated servers with our version 1.3 demo .exe

i just tried one of the new servers in 16 player ctf mode...no lag at all,and i could get in a vehicle instantly,no delay smile_o.gif

mind you it was a 5mbit server apparently,but using the new .exe smile_o.gif looking good so far.

Selecting weapons seems a little faster then it did with host/play servers.

Far far better indeed, I can enjoy the demo much more now! yay.gif

Good job! notworthy.gif

Klavan

Superb! notworthy.gif

Atleast for playing coop, no crashes in game or when choosing weapons, which used to take forever if not your game crashed first. And twice today we managed to end the mission. Pfff its to easy now, give us a challenge!

New Demo .exe Dedicated Released @ http://www.armedassault.com

NOTE: You only need to download this if you are setting up a dedicated server.

Lets get those demo servers up please smile_o.gif

Thanks B.I.S !!

this version has a cti bug, server crash when you start the CTI map.

New Demo .exe Dedicated Released @ http://www.armedassault.com

NOTE: You only need to download this if you are setting up a dedicated server.

Lets get those demo servers up please smile_o.gif

Thanks B.I.S !!

this version has a cti bug, server crash when you start the CTI map.

easy little bug to let slip through icon_rolleyes.gif

lol yep, the demo has a grand total of 3 maps and the biggest of them all... doesnt work post release of a dedicated server ^^

Ah they'll sort it out eventually =)

one CTF mission, low number of player slots, that doesn't have a spawn kill zone or tanks sad_o.gif .... I give it 2 more weeks and all interest in the demo will be lost.

BIS, why don't you nail your other foot to the floor while you're at it eh?

Heh, everyone cried, begged and screamed for a demo. Then when BIS rush to meet your demands you lot complain they released it too early ....

It's a crazy world help.gif

yea it's a shame about the cti bug i really wanted to try 60 player servers.

hope they fix it soon.

Heh, everyone cried, begged and screamed for a demo. Then when BIS rush to meet your demands you lot complain they released it too early ....

And who is "you lot" ?

Anyway the demo should not have been released the way it was as currently it shows possible future buyers of the problems it has, and having one of the missions the demo comes with which is not even useable is really not acceptable. I really wonder who is doing the testing at BIS, they obviously did not even try out the Demo as a dedicated server with the CTI.

The CTF mission is bugged, no spawn killing zone and the boundry marker signs are all in big groups together.

In the last 2 days the OGN Demo server has crashed 17 times because of when the CTI mission has been selected when no admin was online.

Seriously though .... how hard is it to make some missions REALLY? ..... Tons of peeps make CTFs, C&Hs and Coops almost every day ..... I sure BIS could have even paid $100 for one of the communities best examples and still done better.

The actual demo exe? It seems ok (compared to the full release) so its just the missions, in theory the quickest and easiest coded bit crazy_o.gif

Sry, off topic really

Hmm not sure why my post was locked this one seems to be about the reasons behind the demo rather than its content...

Anyway thanks for the replies guys - I tried the right mouse button and while it improves the aimpoint a bit, I still think the sight picture is too small. Obviously if you're not SUPPOSED to bring it all the way to your eye then fair enough. At the moment it feels as if you'd be no worse off with plain iron sights.

I'm surprised that real soldiers think the SAW in the demo is realistic. I fired 200 rounds on continous fire into a moving URAL at about 250 metres without missing once - but as I have no real world experience here I will have to accept this!

Hmm not sure why my post was locked, this one seems to be about the reasons behind the demo rather than its content.

Anyway thanks for the replies guys - I tried the right mouse button and while it improves the aimpoint a bit, I still think the sight picture is too small. Obviously if you're not SUPPOSED to bring it all the way to your eye then fair enough. At the moment it feels as if you'd be no worse off with plain iron sights.

I'm surprised that real soldiers think the SAW in the demo is realistic. I fired 200 rounds on continous fire into a moving URAL at about 250 metres without missing once - but as I have no real world experience here I will have to accept this!

Mandrake

I agree that the SAW is overpowered. It is so easy to kill groups of enemies with it compared to other weapons. Of course it shouldn't have as much recoil per shot as an M4, but it has a high rate of fire and should only be easy to use in a prone position - where it should still be a little less like a laser pointer.

Judging by the demo I have to agree that the SAW seems overpowered. There's little or no penalty for taking the bigger gun. You get way more bullets per inventory slot, higher precision, less recoil... Ok so you can't carry a rpg/law but that's about it. You can sprint, aim and fire just as fast and plow down enemies much faster. If you're going for a city fight the saw is much better than the m4. You don't have to reload very often. You can spray bullets like mad. Even over long distance it makes a sniper rifle seem inefficient.

but, a bit OT I guess..

Also with the SAW I would love to be able to lower the bipod when prone (like in America's Army) for extra stability (but slower movement).