Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

Cheats and griefers out already

Another is "checkfiles[]={};"

Andy, can you explain to me how this works? As a server admin, how do I know what to put there? Should I add the server files there? What kind of exceptions should go there, if any?

It seems to me my questions will stay unanswered here and I can imagine why. Could you maybe give me some more information about this on armamods.net (admin section)? Or Msn?

Quote[/b] ]O noz dunt bann cheetz cause, leik, they dunt exest!

i dunt cheat cuz its not reel so how can anyone cheet? anticheet will juzt skrew up da gam!

[secret thoughts: Bwahaha, I got them! Now they won't put in anti-cheating measures so I can pwnorz their asses online with my infammo, bulletsheild, TeleportPlayerTo and createAircraftOnPlayer 1337 h4><!!!!!!!11]

ma nam iz ***** if u wanna hav a gam anytim!!1

whistle.gif

(I hope this doesn't class too mutch as Flaming  band.gif )

EDIT: Took out specific name so it wouldn't be too flamey...

the best anti-cheat tool was the spectator script in OFP.

I hope anyone is already on it, so we can have referees in real clan wars.

Already solved since weeks m8, it's out there! smile_o.gif

I'm sure they will either unlock the languages or that we will find some way of getting it working fine anyway... smile_o.gif

Let the Bannings Begin!

WTF! Goddamn it are you that kid that keeps copying my name?!  crazy_o.gif

You're driving me nuts, how'd you find the BI forums?

Wait, WTF, you joined BEFORE me?  crazy_o.gif Godamn this is a crazy world...

Nobody would be happy than me if I was wrong mate wink_o.gif However I didn't notice anyone firing last night - people were just dropping down dead in spawn. The fact that it was people from both sides within a few seconds of each other made me assume it was a script - I suppose he could have use JIP to switch sides though.

I've noticed that there is a a bug in the demo version that makes any weapon fired by the player-affected bug to give no indication that it's shooting. No muzzle flash or movement, no sound of any kind.. just some hit effects. This includes vehicle armament. It's not a cheat becasue it affects a friend of mine on my own server that I run. I've noticed that this bug affects some poeple and not others, but those affected make up nearly 1/8 - 1/4 of the people who have visited my server. I've also noticed that people like to drive a bdrm into the bluefor spawn and spawncamp. With a brdm with no weapon noise, tracers or muzzle flash, it would certainly appear that people are dropping dead in place in fast succession!

I feel something is wrong with that S.O.S guy wink_o.gif infact ill get to the point, i think he cheats confused_o.gif Just the way hes acting.. anyhoo moving on..

The trick is your awareness of using your experince in an itelligent way - of course good aiming is necessary and the ability to emulate the possible acting/thinking of your opponent in game which is - again - totaly based on your experince as player.

BI should authorise the language patch already... This is ridiculous.

how could they authorise something that would directly affect the sales for their english publisher? If the people with the language patch feel the need to alter their instalation and then have the audacity to moan on these forums about it, then the problem lies not with BI, but with them

That doesn't change the fact that alot of people have the altered versions, and therefor rendering BIS anticheat useless as of now. Noone uses the verifying of addons.

Do you honestly think that authorising the language patch would make 505 loose much of their customers. Only hardcore international OFP fans and czech/german public know about ArmA... Most of these have ArmA already.

It's 505's own job to go out and find their audience.

Quote[/b] ]I've noticed that there is a a bug in the demo version that makes any weapon fired by the player-affected bug to give no indication that it's shooting.

Fair point. There also seems to be a bug in the full version with many weapons in MP firing silently. There wasn't any kind of vehicle on the map in question but perhaps if someone had a 'silent' M249 they might have managed the same effect. Anyway, I'll keep an open mind - I'd prefer to believe that I was wrong than to start a witch-hunt.

Hmm that sig check seems to be flawed somewhat. So far I did not manage to run the server in the checking mode and allow players to connect. It keeps saying that core file is broken and that there is no campaigne signed file. Anyone got the same problems?

Also good old check() is really a bad choice, any bigger file checked and server chockes on connection (checked on few servers with different installations)

I believe possibility to fully use the potential of signs checking is most likely to help battle cheaters. The good move was locking access to files once the game/server were started.

T.

I have had other players take over my player's body, controlling its movements and also my player's name affecting chat and death messages.

Is this a cheat happening or just a bug atm?

I have had other players take over my player's body, controlling its movements and also my player's name affecting chat and death messages.

I've heard thats just a bug .... could be wrong

Ive also had this happen to me, someone taking over my soldiers actions in game.Also had my name changed. I have the downloaded german version patched with 0.9 language .

El nino Foxhound check this site ALSR-Forum.

Thats the major cheat protection site for OFP and most probably the same will be true for ArmA.

You should find the answer there.

edit: like here:

http://alsr.djknuffel.de/board/thread.php?threadid=83

Thanks for those links.

Its a good place to start understanding how this community handles this stuff.

thumbs-up.gif

That's just a bug, not a cheat.

why not just have two seperate installs of Arma then... one with the language patcher, one without so that you can play MP without being labled a cheat.

Quote[/b] ]It's 505's own job to go out and find their audience.

Thus its your own job to go out and solve a problem you created

i think that the broken core files is and missing campaign are due to the server not having them.

i know that when i installed a digital download version on our server it didn't install the campaign, which will probably account for those issues.

can't say that i've tried the verifysignatures switch, ATM we rely on our old server logs and IP bans to keep the nasties away, but that will be hard once more cheats and more players come online when 505 release.

of course there is always the good ol word of mouth scenario if there are a few server admnis that wish to get toghether and share some info about the bad seeds as they are found

I have the demo and I've taken over people's bodies and have had mine taken over. It's a bug for sure.

I have the demo and I've taken over people's bodies and have had mine taken over.  It's a bug for sure.

It existed in OFP too during group respawn if, I think, there was only one respawn left and two people died at the same time.

why not just have two seperate installs of Arma then... one with the language patcher, one without so that you can play MP without being labled a cheat.

That's a very arrogant opinion.

Do you honestly see any big fuzz about signing the unofficial language addon?

If that was the case then they could just save some money and release one version with all languages.. But done is done, BIS have their own ways of selling their products... Asking BIS to release a official language patch will make them lose money, as you see.. the cz version has Starforce protection and some people complain about it since its not working and the game crashes or other odd things seem to happen.. Then there is the german version, uses a different protection and seems to work with no problems.. Now here is the point, if publish a patch with all languages then there wouldn't be any sales of the CZ version because of the protection issue when people know they should just get a german copy and download the patch and then they are happy but BIS aint.. would be a disaster if noone would buy ArmA produced in their own country and they are all ordering it from german..

BIS made a problem, but they can't just change it.. I don't think their budget is that big they can pull money out of their arses.

If that was the case then they could just save some money and release one version with all languages.. But done is done, BIS have their own ways of selling their products... Asking BIS to release a official language patch will make them lose money, as you see.. the cz version has Starforce protection and some people complain about it since its not working and the game crashes or other odd things seem to happen.. Then there is the german version, uses a different protection and seems to work with no problems.. Now here is the point, if publish a patch with all languages then there wouldn't be any sales of the CZ version because of the protection issue when people know they should just get a german copy and download the patch and then they are happy but BIS aint.. would be a disaster if noone would buy ArmA produced in their own country and they are all ordering it from german..

BIS made a problem, but they can't just change it.. I don't think their budget is that big they can pull money out of their arses.

LOL. Securom doesn't work flawlessly. In some cases it was halving the frame rate for some players.

Also, it's not BIS's job to localize the program for every country in the world. That is the publisher's job.

Cheaters in Half Life are one thing. To cheat OFP or this is another matter entirely.

Its rather like the old hacks for C&C Renegade - they broke the game, period.

In half life, you get aimbotters, wallhackers, and speedhackers. No problem, they can be killed. When I can go to a site and download a hack for OFP that lets me insta-kill anyone, or be invincible, thats just WRONG.

..Dropping bombs on the entire map is kinda funny, in a sick way...

Lets just hope the hacks get kept to a minimum. Its hard enough to play a decent game without someone spam killing the entire server.

That's a very arrogant opinion.

Do you honestly see any big fuzz about signing the unofficial language addon?

I don't believe that the language patcher is triggering the cheat protection. I have the German ArmA version installed since it's release. I patched it every time and applied the language patcher again. I can't see any of this problems people are on about.

And people don't need to label you a cheater because it is known that patched versions connect with the message "modified file /Ca.pbo etc.

If you as a admin know what to look for then you can prevent people to cheat pretty much. and that without the verifysginature. just add vital files that are not part of the language patcher to your "checkfile" in the cfg.

Sara.pbo for example since a few days and some other files...