Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

Cheats and griefers out already

sad_o.gif I was on the NL server last night and some guy came on running a script to kill everyone on both sides.

If BIS don't get an handle on this pretty quickly I fear that ArmA will quickly go the same way as OFP did with most games ending in a rain of bombs or player characters being forced to play random animations mad_o.gif

stop talking smash, there was a teamkiller on NL server who killed about 500 times his own team mates.

250 times on each side that was pretty fucking funny nener.gif

BIS Has made it possible to enable anti-cheat, but most servers are not running it, probably due to the Language Patcher creating modified files smile_o.gif

Maybe the public servers can remain for those cheaters, while the proper players come in on our, and other's passworded servers with proper verification, banning and adminning systems?? smile_o.gif

I absolutely dont think that there is a cheater problem in ArmA atm.

Nobody would be happy than me if I was wrong mate wink_o.gif However I didn't notice anyone firing last night - people were just dropping down dead in spawn. The fact that it was people from both sides within a few seconds of each other made me assume it was a script - I suppose he could have use JIP to switch sides though.

passworded servers

you get many on them, you and your mates

all well and good but the majority of server owners like to share what they got, they enjoy pubs coming in and playing

unfortunately in BIS wisdom they have taken away one of the few tools that was available to server admins to combat these cheats, and yes they do exist, if u think they don't your a fool.

with Arma using coding very similar to OFP it has made the cheats life easy, they tweak the old cheats with some new code and bang ArmA cheat is born.

and by anti cheat i assume u mean verify signatures? all well and good as you said YOUR language pack means it is useless, if you'd made a mod folder all would be fine but YOU made it a patcher, YOU made the anti cheat useless.

i blame YOU,

only joking, it was good work sickboy, not that bothered bout cheats anyway, we have a much more foolproof system in place, thanks for your help BIS, we will do it ourselves

again

We need that tool to create signatures on our addons.

Then we can begin creating a real language mod.

RN Escobar smile_o.gif No idea which parts are now a joke and which are not, so i'll just answer a few just to be sure smile_o.gif

We do have public servers (vc1/vc2), just not for ArmA YET, since we are working on proper admin force, until then, I rather advertise all around and welcome all new players, with just a slight added layer at the entrance smile_o.gif

Putting my language mod in another folder (mod) aint gonna help, as the sigs are checked no matter what their location is, but as I said, i'm not sure which parts were jokes and which not biggrin_o.gif

everything with BLAME in was a joke

the admin side of Arma is pathetic, not tools, no logs, nothing.

we at RN are taking drastic measures to protect ourselves and people that play on our servers.

Pasworded, and private servers won't keep the game alive people.

And its fair to assume there won't be an admin 24/7. And because of JIP, cheating will increase.

Also, on dedicated servers, anyone has any idea how to go back to the missions screen once you play a mission. Or how to vote?

It seems all the # commands are gone wink_o.gif

I haven't played much, so many its just me not knowing crazy_o.gif

Our server regularly punts people with the torrent edition of the games, but it never punts people with the language patch.

The Community is heading for Zenaphobia if you feal you must pasword & lock everything, which in the end wont realy help as you only make you passworded community a more inviting target for the morons who will probably view it as a beter challenge to upset you.

unfortunately in BIS wisdom they have taken away one of the few tools that was available to server admins to combat these cheats, and yes they do exist, if u think they don't your a fool.

with Arma using coding very similar to OFP it has made the cheats life easy, they tweak the old cheats with some new code and bang ArmA cheat is born.

What cheats do exist then?

Let me guess - its the cheat where you see someone with a for you unbelieveable kill/death ratio on ctf/c&h maps.

Or the cheat where you shoot at someone, it doesnt hit him but your 100% sure that you must have hit him...

And dont call me a fool.

Pasworded, and private servers won't keep the game alive people.  

And its fair to assume there won't be an admin 24/7.  And because of JIP, cheating will increase.

Why would we need admins on 24/7 while at big blocks of those times, no proper player is playing? Besides, we have always been very sucesfull in creating solutions that work smile_o.gif Anyway, i'm really not bored enough yet to involve myself in such discussions wink_o.gif

About the commands, they are actually exactly the same as in OFP and work just fine...

Quote[/b] ]Our server regularly punts  people with the  torrent edition of the games, but  it never punts  people with the language patch.
You did find the verifysignatures=1 feature already, yes? The kicking out ppl with illegal copies is simply the cd-key check that kicks in...
Quote[/b] ]The Community is heading for Zenaphobia if you feal you must pasword & lock everything
I didn't say that, other than in a joke smile_o.gif Besides, it's all a matter of perception and taste... quality over quantity etc  whistle.gif
Quote[/b] ]which in the end wont realy help as you only make you passworded community a more inviting target for the morons who will probably view it as a beter challenge to upset you.
You make it sound as if we would need to feel intimidated by such morons... Anyway, not meant as a big  welcome.gif sign, of coarse smile_o.gif

SOS - do you think cheats don't exist?

if the anser is yes then i will call u a fool because they do, advertising them here is about as usefull as a kick in the balls, but they are out there, BIS is aware.

and as for kill/death ratio in CTF/C&H, its not my bag for gameplay, i expect there are many people that will traunce (spelling?) in many a ctf/c&h.

i'm not saying i'm a great player in those game modes, but to blindly believe that no-one out is using cheats is just foolish

Are you talking about the 1.0.1 ammotrainer which doesnt workt in 1.0.2 of course?

Not having played OFP I do really not know the answer to what I will ask below.

Are the anticheat tools made by the community released publically so other servers can use them too, or will each clan have its own secret anti cheat tools only for their server?

I do know some scripting but since I really dont know any cheats (yes, call me a freeking fool cause I havent seen a cheat yet, dont even know what kind of cheats people used in OFP anyway) I have no idea how I will ever be able to protect our server in the same way.

With GR we had some AC commitees where people could show the replays and stuff to be reviewed.....I myself have been watching replays for over hundreds of hours, but how on earth will I be able to make sure our server stays clean if I dont have any(one)(thing) to fall back on?

You dont have to give me links to anything........

All I would like to know/read is how this cummunity handles this kind of stuff.

Is there some AC commitee here as well?

help.gif

(in reply to RN Escobar: "tried it have you?")

of course not i dont need that shit.

lol, yeah that was the main one i knew about, sent the info to BIS.

i didn't even know they'd fixed it, won't be long before they get round that.

and with the console released, it the mission making thread they are allready looking at using that.

just something for people to keep on top of

BI should authorise the language patch already... This is ridiculous.

how could they authorise something that would directly affect the sales for their english publisher? If the people with the language patch feel the need to alter their instalation and then have the audacity to moan on these forums about it, then the problem lies not with BI, but with them

arg...i hope they make the language patcher official after the worldwide release, cause many guys got the German or Czech version already and it would be really poor if they are not able to play ArmA properly...

the cheats will come anyways and it would be a great surprise if BI implement an anti-cheat tool, cause there wasnt anything in OFP and till now ArmA just looks like the same like OFP...

the best anti-cheat tool was the spectator script in OFP.

I hope anyone is already on it, so we can have referees in real clan wars.

that would make sense after the 505 release... I assume it would go along the same lines as the embeded tag thing bis was talking about (that proves its a genuine addon file etc)...

time will tell i guess?

verify signature is only one way you can secure your server. Another is "checkfiles[]={};" and of course "ban.txt". It's up to the admins to keep their servers clean.

I feel something is wrong with that S.O.S guy wink_o.gif infact ill get to the point, i think he cheats confused_o.gif Just the way hes acting.. anyhoo moving on..

RN, me and another in our clan also keep an eye on these freaks so we know what will hit us and to see if we can make work-a rounds in our missions and alert BIS and to ban these noobs in our servers.. Ill send you a PM about what i need if you have.. aka [ban.txt]

Im sure we will not let these "Freaks" ruin our games.. with being in a clan you can trust your friends but theres some really nice "public" as we call them players who like to join in and play and thats where the fun is.. but then you get the freaks who ruin it.