What do u guys like?

I think I like these

KingOfMyCastle (CTF)

Hexenkessel (CTF)

Iguana Conflict (Sector Control)

The Factories (C&H)

Hold Castle (C&H)

Down with Hexenkessel!

I DESPISE that map, killed off OFP :| Ended up with a bunch of noobs wanting to play CQB deathmatch 24/7 running around with a G36... Wheres the military experience in that? :\

Quote[/b] ]I DESPISE that map, killed off OFP

Actually I think it was "Corridoor CTF" which finished off OFP. Especially when people loaded it up with 5v5 crazy_o.gif

*Edit* Just to stay on topic... Some of the old TNT maps were very nice. City of Angels was a favourite - be nice to see something like that in ArmA.

also i think the coop experince in arma really really good now compared to OFP. its definitly worth playing coops if they r not total crap.

also its illogical to say hexenkessel or corridor killed the game if they r fun for many ppl and attracted them to play a few rounds of ofp.

What do u guys like?

I think I like these

KingOfMyCastle (CTF)

Hexenkessel (CTF)

Iguana Conflict (Sector Control)

The Factories (C&H)

Hold Castle (C&H)

MCY SOS

I nearly stopped playing this game when i saw hexenkessel had been remade. I will tell you why i don't like this map and most of the other CTF that are cropping up. Reason is there simply old hat now.

Bis made a huge map and yet again players are making maps where we are confined to a small part of it. All we need now are the respawn borders. I already made a post about this so i won't bore you with my thoughts to much.

If you want to make a good CTF bring back St. Pieere not Hexen rubbish. If this continues i may just play coops all the time and give up on the CTF side of it.

I can't believe someone is actually blaming a map for killing OFP! Thats the most amazing thing I've read all day. TKC killed OFP, everyone knows that.

If you want to make a good CTF bring back St. Pieere not Hexen rubbish. If this continues i may just play coops all the time and give up on the CTF side of it.

Coop is actually really great in this game - I never played that much Coop since OFP. Really a totaly new experince.

There is no such thing as a single aspect of the game killing OFP.  If anyone thinks there is just one reason why then they are just thinking in a very narrow context.  The reasons for people stopping are almost as varied as the individual.  Going back a few years, the jump from OFP version 1.46 to version 1.75 (AKA Resistance) caused a split in the multiplayer community, with several people sticking to 1.46 for a long time.  It is entirely possible that some never even upgraded to Resistance at all before they stopped playing.

As time went on, new games with newer graphics pulled some players away.  Yet others ended up frustrated when they try to connect to a server only to find that they are missing some obscure addon.  It seems like every other server out there had its own unique addon pack instead of something “standard†and widely known like WGL, FDF, etc.  We must not forget there are people who do not visit forums very much, or even at all so as to be aware of the latest addons in use on a given server.

Not to be forgotten are those who cheat and have generally poor behavior on various servers that have of course turned some players off to playing.

There are some players who just like to jump on a server for an hour or so to play, but were not get on within the limited amount due to a long running game.  This is where a lack of having join in progress comes into play for some.  Rather than wait for the next restart of the mission in OFP, they instead just decide to play a game that allows them to jump on at their convenience.

All of the above reasons contributed to the demise of the multiplayer community.  There may be other reasons as well for some individuals, but this is all that comes to my mind at this time.

Quote[/b] ]Wheres the military experience in that? :\

You want military experience? Go join the army and fight in Iraq, how about that for a military experience.

This is a fricking game after all, people need to realize that. You will never get real military experience from your game monitor, controling a soldier with your keyboard. yay.gif

at the momnent i like the c&h maps from chillmasta. (e.g. dolores, factories...)

but i wish that we can get some like battlefield 1985 (c&h with 5 or more flags to hold) and respawning vehicles.

and we nee a smaller island, some like ofp everon !

Quote[/b] ]Wheres the military experience in that? :\

You want military experience?  Go join the army and fight in Iraq, how about that for a military experience.  

This is a fricking game after all, people need to realize that.  You will never get real military experience from your game monitor, controling a soldier with your keyboard.   yay.gif

Its a simulator, you simulate a military experience. Jeez.

If i wanted hexenkessel + corridor ctf i'd go play Counterstrike.

Dudester knows what i mean at least.