Sign in to follow this  
SteyrTMP

Please bring back....

I've been a major OFP player, have the GOTY edition, and just downloaded the US demo for Armed Assault.

Phenomenal. Definately THE BEST combat simulator available. It simply blows everything else out of the water.

However... I hope to see quite a few additional weapons once the full version comes out, and then the first few official mods.

The main missing west weapons are: The M16, either the A2 or the A4, the Steyr AUG (my personal favorite, as I own both a M16 and an AUG), and the M21. All are in current use, and although the AUG is not a standard-issue weapon, it is still used by assorted SF branches. The M14/M21 is often used alongside the M4/M16 in Iraq today, preferred over the M16 as a DMR and short-range sniper rifle.

It would be great to see those three back.

Others to consider would be the M60E4, and the M249E4/M249 Para. For pistols, the HK Mk23 comes to mind, as it is preferred over the M9.

Again, thank you for the excellent work, and keep it up.

The M16 is in the demo. As for the other weapons... Well, I reckon we could do without them and let BIS focus on stuff we really need (bug fixes). Sooner rather than lather, someone is going to mod them anyway.

Nah, we have the M4 series.  Only the resistance/RACS have the M16A2.  I'd take a M16 over a M4 any day of the week... Personally, I hate the M16, although I don't mind my XM-607, simply because of it's uniqueness.

I haven't seen too many bugs, other than the accuracy, the need of a rangefinder... Of course, there aren't that many vehicles in the demo, or at least not the co-op. It did crash a few times, originally, but only when I was changing keys in game, it appears.  I can go for hours without a crash otherwise.

Only the resistance/RACS have the M16A2.

So why cant you just simply do an addWeapon?

Personally, I would prefer some cheaper civvie/guerrilla weapons and couple of generic insurgents to go with them. inlove.gif