Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Multiplayer ping

Hi there

I wan't the ping to be shown in the multiplayer server-list... not somekind of ... Well, I don't kno what to call what we have now, but it sure isn't usefull.

Please vote if you want the actual ping to be listed (like in OFP) instead of the system we have now.

Yes, give us statistics. I hate "user-friendly"-ness with all that "easy-on-the-eye" crap...

Yeah, i would really like to the see the "old OFP" ping-system in ArmA.

The current one isn't that .. hmm .. usefull confused_o.gif

MfG Medicus

You see your ping at the start of the game, but it doesn't really help because whatever the ping. I still see every moving object, infantry...ect warping all over the place. Something needs to happen to the netcode.

The ping indicator in the MP server list has:

Box Box Box

Box Box

Box

!

Those are the options.. wtf does that mean? Is three boxes good? Is three boxes a lot of ping?

Set your filter for 100 ping and under and all you will see is 3 boxes . wink_o.gif

Hi there

I wan't the ping to be shown in the multiplayer server-list... not somekind of ... Well, I don't kno what to call what we have now, but it sure isn't usefull.

Please vote if you want the actual ping to be listed (like in OFP) instead of the system we have now.

i agree, and need to show the name of the map

Those are the options.. wtf does that mean? Is three boxes good? Is three boxes a lot of ping?

Servers with a good ping (a low ping) have 3 boxed, servers with a "bad" one (high) have only 1. and a really bad ping is shown as a "!".

The whole set up interface for the game is awful. The key selection, going to another screen for each change, having to wait while the screen re loads for many individual graphics option changes. Dirty great blocks showing ping.

Come on BIS get some design aesthetic going.

3 boxes a good ping my arse, I've almost permanently got a ping higher than my tax bill even with 3 of those asshole boxes laughing at me.

EDIT: But then again, I am in Australia, and no-one can be arsed to make us a server yet banghead.gif

3 boxes a good ping my arse, I've almost permanently got a ping higher than my tax bill even with 3 of those asshole boxes laughing at me.

EDIT: But then again, I am in Australia, and no-one can be arsed to make us a server yet banghead.gif

We have 4 servers running at GamingSA.com which is Australian.

the box ping is crap because it shows two boxes on them!!

i live almost next door to the data center.

servers.JPG

There was nothing wrong with the way it was done in OFP, and as the saying goes, if it isn't broke then don't fix it... I'm not sure why BIS wasted their time on implementing "ping boxes" that don't even accurately display server ping when there were so many other blatantly obvious issues with the game...

banghead.gif

Playing the demo, I've been joining three box servers and having 800 ms pings! banghead.gif 

I'd like to know my actual ping value, please. crazy_o.gif

To the people who voted no, care to explain why? We really need to see the actual ping we get to the server, not these boxes which basically say nothing. I wouldn't say a 300 ping is the best you can possibly obtain. Also need mission names to be shown in the browser, its very well that it says the type is CTF, but its a bit like saying my PC has a graphics card, there are many different types. I shouldn't need to use a website to find the name of the map being played without joining.

Not to mention I can look at a server i ususally play at and see 2 or 1 bars, click refresh and wala...3 bars.

Check it again...2 bars...and yet again...it not there. confused_o.gif

Long time no see Espectro =) (Assassin [sWAF])

But definately agree, what do these boxes represent?!? The whole UI is pretty lame, Yellow on a light gray colour?!? How could that possibly be an idea when designing the game?

Get rid of the 900 splash screens before you can play (dont give me the -nosplash stuff i know about it already) and at least let us use the map without having to have a coffee break while flying a chopper full of soldiers on board. Cause we just end up in a flaming wreck in the side of a cliff...

simple .. dont trust the boxes ..

it is not ur ping to the server .. its the gamespy masterservers ping to them ..

to get a real ping use Kegetys ArmaLauncher and add ur fav servers to the build in serverlist ..

dont know if that works with the demo ..

download at

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

simple .. dont trust the boxes ..

it is not ur ping to the server .. its the gamespy masterservers ping to them ..

to get a real ping use Kegetys ArmaLauncher and add ur fav servers to the build in serverlist ..

dont know if that works with the demo ..

download at

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

You got to be kidding me?

Who on earth would choose such a miserable system that have no use what-so-ever?

How hard can it be to make a normal ping display?

Jeez.

well didnt test it with sniffing

but if that is my/ur ping to the server its sluggishly implemented ..

eg the ping to one server is waiting/hindred by the ping to another server .. all pings beeing done on the same outgoing port ..

and i have a quiet descent 50 to the server i play most .. usually i see only 2 boxes on them in that list ..

with the filter set to 150 it somtimes does not show on this list ..

with the tool from Keg there is no such oddity ..

and some of the games GameSpy provides service for are started over a webinterface .. not even ingamebrowsers .. even on the webpage u will see a "ping" for that servers ..

no matter how these pings are done they are simply not right ..

Yea the boxes have to go.this is from ofp:elite ?

OFP pings please. (Numerical)

Other than minor annoyances,this game is heavily addictive in multiplayer.Perhaps 100x more addictive than nicotine ? smile_o.gif

gtg now my christmas dinner is ready smile_o.gif

merry xmas to all.