Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Long term problems of recieving De version of ArmA

I am really considering to buying Armed Assault from a German website, but I am just wondering, are there any long term problems from getting it?

I know the only problem I see about it is the fact that I need to revert back to German before I repatcht it, but other then that, I should be good? Mods should work the same, everything should work as they are?

Furthermore, how good is the translator? What does it translate? Is the audio from the AI in English? And just the text that goes with it in German?

Thanks

I have the german version from amazon.de, i'm spanish and i have the game in 10 days more or less.

The translation simply translate all text from the game, voices are in english by default, not in german.

I have the german version from amazon.de, i'm spanish and i have the game in 10 days more or less.

The translation simply translate all text from the game, voices are in english by default, not in german.

Excellent.

Other then some human errors with the translations and patching issues, there should be no other downsides?

The translation isn't perfect, some campaign voices are in German (not English), and I'm not sure if you ever acquired UK/US media of the game, if your German CD key would transfer.

yeah thats my big concern. I live in the states and I'm considering DLing it, yet, will we be able to patch to the English version when it is released if we purchased a non-english copy?

So far all patches have worked as they should. I have Czech version converted to English.

I can't imagine that future patches will work on 1 version of the game but not on others, it would make MP incompatable and a mess.

I'd personally wait to buy the UK retail version. I bought the German version and am regretting it. The game isn't all too fantastic at the moment and you only get to install the game three times with their online activation system... it's also a pain to use the language patcher for each patch - and I expect there are going to be a LOT of patches...

If I'm not mistaken, there is a little "notice" sent to the publisher every time the CD key is used for a limit of three times (otherwise one has to explain themselves). If I'm wrong then please correct me.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a little "notice" sent to the publisher every time the CD key is used for a limit of three times (otherwise one has to explain themselves). If I'm wrong then please correct me.

do you mean the DL verson with starforce?

you can install/uninstall as much time as you like unless you format your HD, get a new computer, or having heavy mod on your machine

I believe the 505 Edition is coming with extra weapons and vehicles, plus hopefully it will be a bit more patched up than it currently is. I'd wait if I was you

Downloading has a few disadvantages...

first of all you get 3 licenses to install the game. So it means you can only re-instal it twice (ie. after virus attack, bad patching, new HD or whatever)

So your money is limited to 3 instalations at all. Furtheremore the patch 1.02 has difficulties with the downloadable version I heard one or two weeks ago.

Getting a German DVD is the most reasonable thing you can do, what can be better than a real hard copy ?

The translation works just fine.... even though im German I translated it and encountered no problems whatsoever.

Edit: And no starforce and comes with a nice handbook smile_o.gif