Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Server Commands

Anyone have them?

Only one I know of is: #kick Playername

im puzzled ... if i host a game (not dedicated) do i still need to vote myself admin .. the reason i ask is im having trouble restarting mission without kicking all to the lobby i type #reassign and nothing happens ?

forgive my ignorance shark attack

im puzzled ... if i host a game (not dedicated) do i still need to vote myself admin .. the reason i ask is im having trouble restarting mission without kicking all to the lobby i type #reassign  and nothing happens ?

forgive my ignorance  shark attack

just press ESCAPE, abort, to get back in the map selection screen m8.

Anybody knows if the command #kickban ID/playername works?

Afaik we had a command in the past to ban players. The #kick ID will only temp. kick the player of the server but not include him in the banlist (afaik). I was beeing told i should use the #kickban ID command but didn't (luckly) had the opertunity to use it. Since i couldn't find it in the list of official commands, i was wondering...(#ban ID didn't worked).

I believe you need to create a ban.txt in the root of your arma application folder. See Banning in the Biki.

I believe you need to create a ban.txt in the root of your arma application folder.  See Banning in the Biki.

Hopefully that will be made automatically in a dedicated server patch :S

Cant be too hard to make it spawn a ban.txt automatically?

Does anyone know how to get the IP nr from the ppl that connect to my dedi server?? So if they make truble i just block thier IP in my firewall?? Maybe a diffrent program or sumthing the reg all connection??

And if sumone knows a script for auto kick players if thier ping is to high plz tell me how. It was better in OFP because then u saw all ppls ping in the lobby but now when they can join in at anytime its harder. I know Bf2 has it and there must be a way here to but i dont know how. Been searching for weeks now.. help.gif

thnx

hej, does anyone know if some new commands will be added?

like:

#open

#close

for open and close the server during a running game, cause now u just can close the server at the lobby, but cause of the JIP often the player number drops during a game and then u got no chance to open the server anymore...

You mean #lock and #unlock...

Afaik (checked wiki) this isn't availible, but that would be indeed a very handy command, especially for CoOp.

I hope BIS picks this up (if not already inplanted under different command) smile_o.gif .

I saw these new ArmA admin commands and was wondering how they are implemented as the #userlist and #kick function already carry out these 2 same functions?

#exec users Show a List of the connected players

#exec kick ID Allows you to kick the player ID

#exec ban ID Allows you to ban the player ID

and what is the context/syntax and medium they are used in?

source : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki....mmands.

i too am intrigued by the ban command

does this add a name to your ban.txt, and does this actually ban by player ID or server session ID as there seems to be 2 completely different ID's used each time a player connects.

am i too assume there is an #exec unban ID command, or is this some irreversible perma ban???

automatically it puts the player id into the ban.txt. this means it bans all demo users if you ban a demo user, since all of their ids are 999. The act of banning creates a ban.txt automatically.

If you are running a client server you are automatically the admin and can administrate using the playerlist and your regular game controls. If you are using a dedicated server, you can log in as admin using the #login command.

automatically it puts the player id into the ban.txt.  this means it bans all demo users if you ban a demo user, since all of their ids are 999.  The act of banning creates a ban.txt automatically.

Would anyone have a working example of how these "#exec" commands are used?

join the game,

either vote yourself admin or login as admin,

type #userlist

get the number of the player you dont like (say 8)

type #exec ban 8

they get added to ban.txt by the game.

from the 1.05 patch logs:

Quote[/b] ]5126 - Added: MP - new commands #lock, #unlock

yay.gif