Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hah, brill mate!

Short field capabilities look excellent; can't wait to pop it down in a field, boot some of Messy's Landies out of the back and bugger off.

Nice to see your forums back up too mate.

Well Messy's did give me his landies to use inthe Vid but only if i wrote the config for them :P

I got bored so i went and did something more entertaining instead!  tounge2.gif

I've managed to get it down in 250m turn it around and off again before now.  With the Cargo system and pallet drops this is going to be alot of fun!

We'll see how we go with the Forums.  If they become a dumping ground for bots and bored kiddies then i'll switch them off again. pistols.gif

Excellent work as usual Rock!

Went well with the first music track! notworthy.gif

Will ye be making a spectre version as well

• AC-130 (Exact Version to be confirmed)

So you'll either get a Spooky or a Spectre, they've not decided yet.

Happy days. smile_o.gif

I love that bird, will be be great with cargo system added.

Would still be great without the cargo system too. wink_o.gif

Great work mate! Looking forward to the (vast) choice of variants thumbs-up.gif

P.S

Never thought I'd see the day Busted were associated in any way with ArmA tounge2.gif

Sick! Sick! Sick! Can't wait! Fantastic work gentlemen!

I'd watch that vid again were it not for Linkin Park banghead.gif . Hahahaa!

Ooh it looks really nice!!! inlove.gif

Oh Im going to need hours to learn how to fly all these babies...

The short takeoff and landing is crazy_o.gif

On another note, any progress, luck, yet with the cockpits and avionics of the various aircraft? With the new tools released and all... huh.gif Are the tools like "better" then the old ones? Im still a complete noob as it comes to o2 and visitor aswell actually... sad_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
I'd watch that vid again were it not for Linkin Park banghead.gif . Hahahaa!
P.S

Never thought I'd see the day Busted were associated in any way with ArmA  tounge2.gif

You know its really weird how people react so differently to the music!  So far its a 50/50 split on Linkin Park and Busted.  Everyone seems to have really stong opinions.

I put Busted in there as a bit of a joke.  Originally i was only going to use the "Thunderbirds are Go!" bit but i got lazy and didn't edit the video down so it was short enough.

Oh Im going to need hours to learn how to fly all these babies...

The short takeoff and landing is crazy_o.gif

Its not really that hard to fly if you remeber not to approach too fast.  I'm having a little debate about whether to script an airbrake when the throttle is at minimum.  The current model is very hard to slow down even on full flaps.

On another note, any progress, luck, yet with the cockpits and avionics of the various aircraft? With the new tools released and all...  huh.gif Are the tools like "better" then the old ones? Im still a complete noob as it comes to o2 and visitor aswell actually...  sad_o.gif

well I'm still a bit confused about the "Class MFD" stuff but after looking at the example models BIS gave use Im 100% sure i can get a fully working HUD and cockpit that we promised.

damn fantastic job over there, sorry i didnt read all the forum but well when are u going to release them? any estimated time? regards smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
damn fantastic job over there, sorry i didnt read all the forum but well when are u going to release them? any estimated time? regards  smile_o.gif

We won't and don't give estimates. Sorry but until someone pays us to make this stuff we are making bits as and when we can. Which means it will get released when we finish it.

Quote[/b] ]Never thought I'd see the day Busted were associated in any way with ArmA

I suspect you will probably count yourself lucky, if you contemplate the choice of music I will come up with for such a hulk smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]any estimated time?

As Rock said. The best we can do, is promise steady progress.

Quote[/b] ]So how about a $300 check

Lol...That will probably cover the testing of either one new script command or a new config/p3d feature tounge2.gif

Tack-Up @ Sep. 01 2007,16:45)]So how about a $300 check. Will that get a release date. Lol.

[10thMT]Tack-Up either contribute something useful to the topic at hand or don't post at all.

Also I'm replacing your signature with a fluffy bunny as it clearly is over the allowed size.

I'm having a little debate about whether to script an airbrake when the throttle is at minimum. The current model is very hard to slow down even on full flaps.

I think that's a good idea, Rock. I assume the brake will deployable at any airspeed?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Do you have an estimate Size of the total addon?

Would love to host a mirror for downloads..

10/10Mbit cable..

We have absolutely no idea what size it will be.  And mirrors are always welcome.

I'm having a little debate about whether to script an airbrake when the throttle is at minimum.  The current model is very hard to slow down even on full flaps.

I think that's a good idea, Rock. I assume the brake will deployable at any airspeed?

To be honest after a MP test last night I really don’t think its needed.  Macca, Rum and I were able to fly both accurately and consistently  at 5m at 160kph a number of times.  As long as you plan your route in its fine. This isnt a fighter after all.

Quote[/b] ]This is NOT a Flight Sim import

LOL tounge2.gif I might wonder where that remark was directed, but I know ArmA players won't give a rats arse where an addon comes from so long as a) It has permissions and b) Its released!

I guess I'll try fixing (b) when I finally get home in 3 weeks wink_o.gif

Nice work btw guys smile_o.gif

To be honest after a MP test last night I really don’t think its needed. Macca, Rum and I were able to fly both accurately and consistently at 5m at 160kph a number of times. As long as you plan your route in its fine. This isnt a fighter after all.

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifhuh.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Ooh noes I was home yesterday evening...

Guest RKSL-Rock
Gnat @ Sep. 02 2007,14:15)]

LOL  tounge2.gif  I might wonder where that remark was directed, but I know ArmA players won't give a rats arse where an addon comes from so long as a) It has permissions and b) Its released!

I guess I'll try fixing (b) when I finally get home in 3 weeks  wink_o.gif

Nice work btw guys smile_o.gif

Actually mate it wasn’t you that that comment was aimed at.  It was a direct response to a series of emails from a guy called Marcus Chavez.  He accused me of ripping the model from FS2004 and of course the few people that can’t be arsed to seek permission and just import any old shit.

But yes I am generally against importing other people's work with or without permission.  Aside from the fact that when I was part of the FS community I was the victim of many other people’s “conversions†I don’t believe that the majority of these imports make very good OFP/ArmA addons. They are often very poorly optimised and while they look great on the outside they usually are massively high poly or badly converted making them unusable which is bad for the community as a whole in the end.

Gnat @ Sep. 02 2007,14:15)]
...but I know ArmA players won't give a rats arse where an addon comes from so long as a) It has permissions and b) Its released!

I find that remark to be a rather sad reflection of this community.  Its attitudes like that then ruined the FS2002/4 community for a lot of people I know.  And frankly it’s also that attitude that stopped me releasing stuff for OFP.  If the "I dont care where it came from attitude" starts to be in the majority among the actual addon makers around here I'll just stop modding.