Sign in to follow this  
Peanut

Peanut Addon Projects

peanut, is there an actual style as to what your making IE blackwater or AEGIS because I think that, that is what people are confused by ATM...

Regards HH smile_o.gif

peanut, is there an actual style as to what your making IE blackwater or AEGIS because I think that, that is what people are confused by ATM...

Regards HH smile_o.gif

Actually they don't follow any style. They're not supposed to be recreations of any existing private military cooperation. It's just what I would think they could wear and appear like.

I'm not qualified enough to actually recreate an existing unit. (except for the SEK units which started off as a side project/testbed but it looked kinda cool in game)

I made it easier for myself and created Piper Protections. Right now they have two trucks and that little bird and an uncertain number of personnel. I pretty much add whatever I think fits them. The little bird got added so they can access the roofs with marksman teams wink_o.gif

You maybe right that that is what confuses people and sometimes even myself smile_o.gif

Brgrds

Peanut

Awesome. Maybe you could switch the name of them and they could become HitCorp PMC Inc. personnel. tounge2.gif

Can you make any with Ball Caps (AKA Military Caps) or baseball caps?

When we switch to ArmA I'm sure they will be usfull (Seeing as HC is based on a PMC)

Regards HH smile_o.gif

Actually they don't follow any style. They're not supposed to be recreations of any existing private military cooperation. It's just what I would think they could wear and appear like.

I'm not qualified enough to actually recreate an existing unit. (except for the SEK units which started off as a side project/testbed but it looked kinda cool in game)

I made it easier for myself and created Piper Protections. Right now they have two trucks and that little bird and an uncertain number of personnel. I pretty much add whatever I think fits them. The little bird got added so they can access the roofs with marksman teams wink_o.gif

You maybe right that that is what confuses people and sometimes even myself smile_o.gif

Brgrds

Peanut

Great to hear, freeform is much better than making a set style dont you think?

When / if I could i'd be glad to help out if you ever need it that is... Also maybe youd like to co work on something with UC in the future??

Regards HH smile_o.gif

Excellent work, mate!

May I make a suggestion though? A fair amount of us also wear shorts...khaki that is.

May I make a suggestion though? A fair amount of us also wear shorts...khaki that is.

Thanks.

I'll definately add some shorts, basecaps, different vests, shirts and other stuff if i'll ever learn modeling. I could reskin a civilian unit, but he'll be wearing flip flops and no vest at all and I don't think you want that smile_o.gif

Btw. Check the ArmA photography thread for more pictures of the OPFOR units smile_o.gif

BTW, I see you added the Especas LBV to a unit. Thanks for using my suggestion, it looks rather good.

I saw the pics you posted in the ArmA Photo thread. Nice work there. But I must ask since no description was posted. What are those units with the red berets? Reskins of the vanilla OPFOR units?

BTW, I see you added the Especas LBV to a unit. Thanks for using my suggestion, it looks rather good.

I saw the pics you posted in the ArmA Photo thread. Nice work there. But I must ask since no description was posted. What are those units with the red berets? Reskins of the vanilla OPFOR units?

Yeah they are just a reskin of the vanilla Opfor units but the feeling playing with or against them changes quite a bit. It's strange what sometimes a little reskin can do. You will hear more of the opfor units in the future smile_o.gif

I'd hate to criticize a otherwise excellent looking addon. smile_o.gif But you'll always have people that find something wrong with anything.

But the helo skin, mate... It looks a little to American movie style, if ya know what I mean. Otherwise, the units look excellent it's just that the bird seems out of place with the remainder of the project.

I don't mean to be a dick.

PEANUT !!! , STOP TORMENTING ME! RELEASE THEM PLEASE!!!!!

and BTW , at it's current stage , will these be new units or overwrite the look of old ones?

I've seen the recent screenshots you've posted and i know your still in the early stages, what i'd like to know is, what BIS model is the African UN soldier based on as it looks like a Northern soldier. I'd prefer the African soldier to be a neutral/resistance based soldier and without the blue helmet as i'm not sure Africa is part of the UN. I'd much prefer the guerilla/opfor solider to be based on a northern unit. I'm pretty sure the community are making a UN based pack for Arma but i've not heard anything for a while...check here

Or am i getting way ahead of myself and your only planning on a few reskins  sad_o.gif

I've seen the recent screenshots you've posted and i know your still in the early stages, what i'd like to know is, what BIS model is the African UN soldier based on as it looks like a Northern soldier. I'd prefer the African soldier to be a neutral/resistance based soldier and without the blue helmet as i'm not sure Africa is part of the UN. I'd much prefer the guerilla/opfor solider to be based on a northern unit. I'm pretty sure the community are making a UN based pack for Arma but i've not heard anything for a while...check here

Or am i getting way ahead of myself and your only planning on a few reskins sad_o.gif

The soldiers are Ebuds. You can download them from his Tonal withdrawl thread. They look very nice and add African Union Soldiers to West-, UN-Soldier to Independant- and "some other" soldiers to the East-side. Yeah they're based on the North Sahrani soldiers.

I started the vehicle pack pretty much right after downloading his units and wanted to focus on the African theme.

In the pack are some African Union vehicles as well and I'm planning to do some OPFOR vehicles for the East-side.

From what I've read there are a couple of UN missions going on all over Africa so I hope there will be some "nice" missions.

I gotta admit that I totally forgot about the "UN addons for ARMA"-thread. I don't have a problem giving them the textures I've already made if they want them.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not planning a full fetched UN addon and right now they're nothing more than a few reskins.

I'm also working on some african styled units which act as OPFOR. Ebud and I are looking on how to put both our stuff together.

BTW. The PMCs are getting some interesting stuff added to them. After that is finished I think I'll release them alongside the SEK-units so I can focus more on the African units smile_o.gif

I'd prefer the African soldier to be a neutral/resistance based soldier and without the blue helmet as i'm not sure Africa is part of the UN.

There are many African nations in the UN!

I would suggest looking on Wiki for the list of African countries that are part of the UN Security Council (3) and the list of member state countries (lots).

You may be used to Euro peace keepers serving in Africa, but those units are not totally unbelievable. There are also African Union troops are well. I wont remove the bluehats even though I believe your aren't the only one who would assume UN troops would have to be from Europe to be accurate.

I think they will work well with Peanuts work smile_o.gif

Also the res models are too "high speed" for me so the eastern models stay for these at least. I've skinned more modern looking units and they look ok, just too well kitted.

I updated the OPFOR textures a little

opfor1eb2.jpg

opfor2qn6.jpg

opfor3bo2.jpg

opfor4fs7.jpg

------------

Also I have to announce that I have to stop working on my addons for atleast two weeks due to real-life stuff. Please excuse the delay.

I'm really looking forward to playing with your stuff. If it was 90% on the 25th of december shouldn't it be ready for release soon?

Very good stuff, mate.

I'm really looking forward to playing with your stuff. If it was 90% on the 25th of december shouldn't it be ready for release soon?

Very good stuff, mate.

Thanks,

yeah I should update that. It really was at 90% in december but then I decided to change some stuff and got a coop offer so the units now get some scripts added to them by Al Simmons. After that I'll take a final look at the textures and the config and then release them to the puplic.

Excellent work Peanut thumbs-up.gif

Not only your textures, but also your photographic skills, the one of the artillery unit is an awesome picture (IMO). notworthy.gif

Just curious how these units are coming along.... havnt seen a post in a couple months.... if there was another thread started for these then I must have missed them, srry.