Sign in to follow this  
blix2006

speed up time?

when i look in controls i see this optiona s being (=) but that doesnt work whats the reason for it

speedup time = setacctime 2

1 = normal

2 = double time

remember this also alters the speed of everything.

you can do in game using + and - key

dosent work for multiplayer.

in SP editing you can also use the "setAccTime" command to slow down the game (value from 0 - 1). with an eventhandler and some code you can easily make it, for example, that "bulletTime"/slow motion starts, whenever you get hit by something and the adrenaline gives you supernatural reflexes wink_o.gif

pistols.gif

when i look in controls i see this optiona s being (=) but that doesnt work whats the reason for it

If you're playing the MP demo you can't use it because it's a SP only effect. Would be kind of crazy if you could speed up/slow down time in MP.

why doesnt this work anymore, for christ sake

Quote[/b] ]_camera = "camera" camcreate [0,0,0]

_camera cameraeffect ["internal", "back"]

_camera camsettarget player

_camera camsetrelpos [-2,10,3]

_camera camcommit 0

-setacctime 300

@camCommitted _camera

mad_o.gif

the problem is that this setacctime doesnt realy work anymore... what mistake did I make? I am building a script that shows a short turn of the sun.

-setacctime 300

Is there meant to be a minus sign in front of the command?

why doesnt this work anymore, for christ sake
Quote[/b] ]_camera = "camera" camcreate [0,0,0]

_camera cameraeffect ["internal", "back"]

_camera camsettarget player

_camera camsetrelpos [-2,10,3]

_camera camcommit 0

-setacctime 300

@camCommitted _camera

mad_o.gif

the problem is that this setacctime doesnt realy work anymore... what mistake did I make? I am building a script that shows a short turn of the sun.

Whats the - for?

Also SetAccTime 300?

300huh.gif

usually people use

0.1 = Slowest

4 = Fastest

dunno where you got 300 from,?

okay, 4 is the fastest you can get? But in OFP I was able to speed up things much more!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0dIqajtIkTQ (sorry, highly pathetic text but it but it was just an experiment and other ironical pictures were meant to be put in between)

Isnt that possible in ArmA anymore?

(oh, and about the minus, I think adding or deleting it doesnt change anything)

okay, 4 is the fastest you can get? But in OFP I was able to speed up things much more!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0dIqajtIkTQ (sorry, highly pathetic text but it but it was just an experiment and other ironical pictures were meant to be put in between)

You think?

setAccTime works perfectly well in the mission editor for me, there are no limits, you can set it to 1000000 if you like but your computer will likely overheat. The numbers tell you the factor compared to real time. If you just want to skip to day or night, you can use skiptime <number> to skip x amount of hours.

You think?

setAccTime works perfectly well in the mission editor for me, there are no limits, you can set it to 1000000 if you like but your computer will likely overheat. The numbers tell you the factor compared to real time. If you just want to skip to day or night, you can use skiptime <number> to skip x amount of hours.

okay, thanks. Then I will have to keep trying, maybe I find the error. xmas_o.gif

This snippet I have in one of my maps may help for your needs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_skip = 0

#skip

skiptime 0.00277

~0.02

_skip = _skip + 1

?_skip < 700: goto "skip"

That skips the time around 2-3 hours in total with very smooth transition and may be just what you need for your cutscene. smile_o.gif