Sign in to follow this  
Sgt_Eversmann

Scratch Modworks' IED

welcome.gif

We hereby release our first addon, the v0.5 BETA I.E.D Addon!

This addon adds an IED to the game, aswell as a map marker.

More information available in the included PDF readme file.

16t.jpg

17t.jpg

Download here

Just a suggestion, it might be better to use the ground textures from Sahrani. so it blends in more?

Good work tho

smile_o.gif

I like the idea of a IED pack very much, but 1 addon for 1 object? come on scratch.... wink_o.gif

can it explode or is it just for fun?

Read the readme.

Only one object because our modeler is going on holidays for two weeks, and we wanted to release a proof of concept, to be the first ones out with fresh models for IEDs instead of different proxies from the game.

The finished version will have at the very least 10 different models, ranging from 1 to 10 in explosive power. This addon currently rank a 9 on the explosive power scale.

looking good

although I suggest including a readme where you can copy/paste from smile_o.gif

And why does the readme say it doesn't work with RACS forces? I simply typed [this, resistance] exec "\scm_ied\9ied.sqs";

into the ied's init and it worked.

we wanted to release a proof of concept, to be the first ones out with fresh models for IEDs instead of different proxies from the game.

wink_o.gif i know which addon u mean, very nice to see some new models here, good work iam waiting to see the final version.

I get an error when using....

It says "invalid number in expression" banghead.gifcrazy_o.gif

yeah this is just a quick ied I made in 20 minutes before I left to munich. I will make this exact version again but with fewer polys and include a normal map.

The texture is still flat and i havnt had a chance to modify it for matching the ground better...

ATM it is good to mix it in with other stuff like this pic

TCWARMA19.jpg

if anyone has any requests for types of ieds, please send them to Scratch if you want to see them released with later releases. I would prefer to make them all at once, and move on to the Insurgent units smile_o.gif

I have been hit by countless IEDs while in Iraq, and can tell you they are very, very difficult to spot. They aren't just laying in the open like that. Making an invisible satchel charge and using it as an ied makes more sense than those, although they do look pretty...

Man..dead animals...soda cans..tires...guard rails...signs....waterbottles...obviously vehicles...just..dug under the earth..little wires sticking out of the road..antenas man the list goes on, also i'm drunk and cant remeber all of them sad_o.gif i should though because i cant forget them either when i sleep.

No matter what they are, you rarely see them. I was saved by the grace of God once, we were doing a TCP, and as soon as I got out I heard a cell phone ring, I was like what the fuck is that, no one else heard it, and I looked and it was about two feet to the back right of the HMMV. The jamming device really does work, because about 15 seconds later after we'd saddled up it blew.

@djfrogstar:

even if it is an UXOs it looks very nice.

sorry, UXO?

unexploded ordinance??

The picture I used is from an ied found in IRAQ, so even if it is a real one it should like like what?

this particular model

Im using this for a scene in movie... This is before it gets put under the ground, or later when it is dug up by bomb disposal team. Obviously like mentioned above, the point is not to see the ied.

Im not playing ARMA or OFP, so I dont know whats good or not for gameplay.

looking good

although I suggest including a readme where you can copy/paste from smile_o.gif

And why does the readme say it doesn't work with RACS forces? I simply typed [this, resistance] exec "\scm_ied\9ied.sqs";

into the ied's init and it worked.

Theres a text selection tool in Adobe Acrobat

lolbs4.png

Furthermore, In OFP script side commands used "guer" and "civil".

So that didnt work, I didnt know how to make it work. Does "civilian" work for civies? xmas_o.gif

Furthermore, In OFP script side commands used "guer" and "civil".

So that didnt work, I didnt know how to make it work. Does "civilian" work for civies? xmas_o.gif

Ah, I see, thanks. I rarely use Adobe Reader so that slipped through smile_o.gif

Yes, if you use resistance or civilian instead of west or east in the init it works with either RACS forces or civilians.

Anyway,

good teaser addon, I like it:)

@djfrogstar:

even if it is an UXOs it looks very nice.

sorry, UXO?

unexploded ordinance??

The picture I used is from an ied found in IRAQ, so even if it is a real one it should like like what?

this particular model

Im using this for a scene in movie... This is before it gets put under the ground, or later when it is dug up by bomb disposal team. Obviously like mentioned above, the point is not to see the ied.

Im not playing ARMA or OFP, so I dont know whats good or not for gameplay.

Yeah, it's a UXO. The core of the model is an unused artillery shell or something. UXOs can be used as IEDs, but it would most likely have some kind of secondary explosive to trigger the charge on the UXO, so, something taped to the warhead or laying near it would work.

The artillery shell in that screenshot looks like it comes from a

First World War Dreadnought or something! I can understand

the cacoethes to get something out before everyone

else but I'd opine that you'd perchance be better waiting

until you have the tools to do it properly.

doesnt work for me, i typed this: exec “\scm_ied\9ied.sqsâ€;

in initialisation and get an error:  <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Missing;

ok it works now, it was: [this,west] exec “\scm_ied\9ied.sqsâ€;

and it doesnt support “, had to replace it with "