Sign in to follow this  
Sgt_Eversmann

Scratch Modworks' IED

ok it works now, it was: [this,west] exec “\scm_ied\9ied.sqsâ€;

and it doesnt support “, had to replace it with "

I wrote " " in the readme, but acrobat apparently likes “ †for some reason. Sorry about that. No more flashy PDFs from us. xmas_o.gif

If you wan't to add a real challange, make it pretty flat but but change it so it looks like new cement, so it looks like a recent patch of work done on a road, that's a semi common one in Iraq.

Thank you! I love this thing!

The only problem is I seem to CTD every time I die from it(in multiplayer-havent experienced SP yet)

Does this IED script work with MP? Because the other one - doesn't. Explosions go off multiplied by players in game wink_o.gif

Not sure if the following is set-up/staged or it was an actual IEDed place, but pretty funny imho (looks like a parady on those snake/croc hunter on national geograpic to me).

YouTube IED

Anyway, just posting as it might help frog or jahve.

Quote[/b] ]we were doing a TCP, and as soon as I got out I heard a cell phone ring, I was like what the fuck is that, no one else heard it, and I looked and it was about two feet to the back right of the HMMV.

Ahm...

Don´t want to sound picky but doesn´t a jammer like the Warlock actually hinder the phone from "ringing" (wich is the detonate mechanism for most remoted IED´s, VBIED's and VPIED's) by blocking any radio transmissions ?

So if you heard the ringing, you should also see the flash... whistle.gif

Not sure if the following is set-up/staged or it was an actual IEDed place, but pretty funny imho (looks like a parady on those snake/croc hunter on national geograpic to me).

YouTube IED

Anyway, just posting as it might help frog or jahve.

nice! Dasquade

hey jahve have you thought of making a script to simulate the daisy chain ied?

Quote[/b] ]we were doing a TCP, and as soon as I got out I heard a cell phone ring, I was like what the fuck is that, no one else heard it, and I looked and it was about two feet to the back right of the HMMV.

Ahm...

Don´t want to sound picky but doesn´t a jammer like the Warlock actually hinder the phone from "ringing" (wich is the detonate mechanism for most remoted IED´s, VBIED's and VPIED's) by blocking any radio transmissions ?

So if you heard the ringing, you should also see the flash...   whistle.gif

was just thinking that aswell, maybe the bomber set it to go off with sms messages instead, dont suppose you seen any red LED numbers counting down the seconds with a little beep beep

there are some ways to control detonation

cable or radio control (RC), or remote arming with passive IR (PIR) trigger or ...

you also have to make some EOD personnel/operators and vehicles/robots to detect and disarm such bombs.

Quote[/b] ]there are some ways to control detonation

I know.

I was referring to the guy claiming he heard a dug in phone ringing when he exited his HMMV with jammer onboard. When they left the scene the IED blew up. At least that´s his story...

Cellphones are unable to ring if the radio frequencies are jammed, they simply do nothing as they get no carrier signal and therefore I really assume that his story is pure bogus.

Anyway don´t want to derail the thread, but that has just jumped into my eye when I read ti as it really makes no sense at all.

Ahm...

So if you heard the ringing, you should also see the flash... whistle.gif

Could also be faulty wireing.

There is a pic of a soldier or marine holding up a cellphone that was wired to an IED that had the "1 missed call"-message displaying.

The story doesn't have to be a hoax.

So the bomb doesn't always explode when the phone is ringing.

Edit: just reread, did he really say that his hummer had a jammer? if so he shouldn't have heard the ringing, but you know, nothing is fool proof, so even if he had a device is could have been faulty and he heard a ringing.

I know but it exploded when they left the scene as he says. So either its a really funny coincidence or the story is somewhat made up, keeping in mind that he linked the onboard jammer to the delayed explosion, but the phone was ringing when he walked around the hmmv. A cellphone simply does not ring when jammed, maybe it played some funky SMS tone as Ali Abdullah sent an SMS to his cousin to get him home for lunch but somehow it just sounds fishy to me.

request for the IED pack

A 10 kg Russian mine that hurls up armoured 4x4's abt 12m in the air, but only wounds the crew. (It really happened in real life (sadly i know) ..)

besides if he heard a mobile phone ringing he obviously suspected an IED, the usual action would be to run the f**k away from the car and more importantly tell your mates to do the same, then you either visually inspect the device to confirm its what you think it is or you clear the area set a perimeter and wait for to be told what to do, you dont just go "ohh hell cletus, i does think dat might be one of 'em der boobytraps" and just walk away and leave it for the next patrol to walk across. total piss story if you ask me, it may be true but personally i dont think anyone who actually experiences anything like that would make so many mistakes in dealing with it and then come on a computer game forum and tell us all about it. i could be wrong

besides if he heard a mobile phone ringing he obviously suspected an IED, the usual action would be to run the f**k away from the car and more importantly tell your mates to do the same, then you either visually inspect the device to confirm its what you think it is or you clear the area set a perimeter and wait for to be told what to do, you dont just go "ohh hell cletus, i does think dat might be one of 'em der boobytraps" and just walk away and leave it for the next patrol to walk across. total piss story if you ask me, it may be true but personally i dont think anyone who actually experiences anything like that would make so many mistakes in dealing with it and then come on a computer game forum and tell us all about it. i could be wrong

Yup, you'd secure a perimeter around it and call for E.O.D. (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) to come and blow the fucker up.

Please don't dig up old threads unless you have something useful to add. I'm sure when there's an update the addon creators will post.