Sign in to follow this  
nigelbland

Demo today....WOOT

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH .............. Its installed but it wont run!!!

I keep getting a memory error!!

dam...sry to hear man i hope it dont do that 4 me my system shouldent have a slight problem runing it, but still waiting to finish 85% done 100mb & around 15 min to go.....

85% and at 100mb? That can't be right...the file is 845 megs,100 is far too low,even the EAW demo was I believe 500 megs.

Since the demo is version 1.03.  Does anybody know what patch 1.03 fixes?

SAME QUESTION

a patch 1.03 coming soon ?

what change in 1.03 ?

OTHER QUESTION

i v morphicon game and want try the demo;

may I ?

About ArmA Demo dedicated server hosts:

it's currently not possible to play using it nor using the -server commandline argument (and readme is incorrect in this part for the 1.03 demo exe).

We're going to adress this soon (by releasing a new exe needed for that), hopefully tomorow.

So does this mean downloading the demo now is pointless?

85% and at 100mb? That can't be right...the file is 845 megs,100 is far too low,even the EAW demo was I believe 500 megs.

I started to download to see what 1.03 has to offer, and my downlod is 661 mb. Which is also kind of low. Can anyone confirm the size of the .exe?

If you already have the game, I highly suggesting getting the demo, as you can use the Sahari Lite in the retail version... just put the two files in your addons folder. I prefer this, as the northern part of the island is fairly lag-ridden if you ask me.

So does this mean downloading the demo now is pointless?

Now, just new single armademo.exe will be available to support creating of dedicated hosts for the demo.

I started to download to see what 1.03 has to offer, and my downlod is 661 mb.  Which is also kind of low.  Can anyone confirm the size of the .exe?

The gamershell .zip is 886903849 bytes (845mb) (there may be a small difference compared to other hosts, this file includes some gamershell link and readme)

(i hope that the armedassault.info mirror will be up soon, i gave up on uploading it as my upload isnt that good tounge2.gif )

Correct demo is ArmADemo103FINAL.zip size 845mb

I started to download to see what 1.03 has to offer, and my downlod is 661 mb. Which is also kind of low. Can anyone confirm the size of the .exe?

Been posted many times already, filesize is 846MB.

Getting around 200KB/s, will take a bit and i dont have much time today to play, its a nice xmas present still. I guess there will be more people playing the demo than the full version for a while.

Argh, download finished and its corrupt.

Can anyone post the changes in 1.03 plz?

About ArmA Demo dedicated server hosts:

it's currently not possible to play using it nor using the -server commandline argument (and readme is incorrect in this part for the 1.03 demo exe).

We're going to adress this soon (by releasing a new exe needed for that), hopefully tomorow.

That will be why it dosn't work for me then wink_o.gif

56%, 25 minuts to go.. faster, faster you stupid internet crazy_o.gif .

Can someone with the full version editor make custom missions using only the content from the demo? wink_o.gif .

always check the various possible download url's for the file size,if your browser does not tell you what the size of the file is while downloading then try Firefox,it displays time,amount of file size you have as versus the actual files size most of the time. And of course the speed.

Same here started downloading again, first one said "file invalid or corrupt"  banghead.gif . Don't you just hate it when that happens. sad_o.gif

I take it people with full game cant play with people with demo. ?

I got full game just wondered because i saw its 1.03 demo so guess not i noticed servers have not been very full up especially the 65 players servers. confused_o.gif

Does demo work ok alongside full game if so i think ill install it to check it out. ?

I have downloaded and played the ArmA demo for over 2 hours now and since I do not have the game and I was not sure about what to expect, I was hoping the demo will solve that, my personal answer is so...so... I was disappointed in some things they had changed mostly the controls, the Helicopters and other vehicles are very hard and weird to drive or fly, a big contrast from OFP, the lighting keeps bothering me its constantly changes even at times when it would not in real life, I was impressed with the tanks gunner the turret moves much slower and stiffer just like a real tank, I liked the terrain and the island soldiers looked realistic but did not act like it apart from that nearly everything else was quiet disappointing…

So right now I'am not looking as forward to the game coming out here in the UK as I was 3 hours ago, I don’t mean to disrespect any of the developers I appreciate that they have sped hard hours developing this game, but may next time you should ask what the public wants and maybe you should try to fix some of those by February...

what did the rest of you think? huh.gif

I take it people with full game cant play with people with demo. ?

I got full game just wondered because i saw its 1.03 demo so guess not i noticed servers have not been very full up especially the 65 players servers. confused_o.gif

Does demo work ok alongside full game if so i think ill install it to check it out. ?

I'm curious about this too, naturally people with the full game would probably need to install the SahraniLite island, but is it possible to make the games compatible at all ?

sweet! Dunno if i can play it yet but i'll probably get my money on my Atm card so saturday will be new computer day biggrin_o.gif

To me..

It ended up alot like OFP..

Same framerates (slow)..

Took a reinstall of DirectX to start it, 2 Crashes to Desktop while playing...

But now the controls are all messed up (whatever happened to the middle mouse button menu?! I cant even get into vehicles because it's.. gone! )

The CTI thing was like.. "wtf mate".. How do you buy stuff..

The tanks still bounce and twitch like in OFP..

The menus take 5 hours to get in/out of with that freaking loading screen..

But at least it looks good when not lagging/crashing/bouncing/low-framerating..

Quote[/b] ]I'm curious about this too, naturally people with the full game would probably need to install the SahraniLite island, but is it possible to make the games compatible at all ?

Doubt it. The demo is 1.03, the full version is 1.02 as of right now. Unless 1.03 just means demo plus SahraniLite, I don't think they are compatible.

I have an aging system and can run this demo really well. Most settings are on High or Highest. 100 refresh. 1024x768x32.

It is a marked improvement over Flashpoint in almost all ways. Almost all ways that is. I have no clue why BIS chose to make the control configs so wack. Ya gotta spend ages changing em to a more logical intuitive setup.

Totally cannot see sweet dick all with those deathdot fakescopes. lol And the tracers are not exciting either.

The very worst part is the weap sounds. The just lacked. Good thing we will see realistic weap sound mods soon. My system is a n Athlon 3200+ @ 2435 mhz, 6800 G/S, 2 gigs of ram. It runs and looks way better than FP ever did.

Defintely a game worth upgrading for from what I have seen so far. Gonna take some time to work into it tho. But I am game.