Sign in to follow this  
nigelbland

Demo today....WOOT

THANKS for the links guys notworthy.gifyay.gif

See you all on the battlefield,ill probably be the one looking at bushes and stuff like that,just not wanting to fight but enjoy the scenary,for a short while anyway.

All the best

Dan

Please note that if by any chance you download a demo build 5108 it's not the final version which is supposed to be 5109.

The one at Gamershell.com is named "ArmADemo103FINAL.zip", guess that's the right one..?

Please note that if by any chance you download a demo build 5108 it's not the final version which is supposed to be 5109.

ArmADemo103FINAL.zip is what i'm downloading

i hope it's build 5109.

Confirmed released dates thread updated with several mirrors smile_o.gif

Well, news on Tiscali says, that GH uploaded a new build with file name "ArmADemo103FINAL.zip", so I suppose that's the right version biggrin_o.gif

edit: filesize - 886.903.849

See you all on the battlefield,ill probably be the one looking at bushes and stuff like that,just not wanting to fight but enjoy the scenary,for a short while anyway.

All the best

Dan

HaHa... & ill most probably join you looking at the bushes...heheh

Subscribers only, same as the SupCom beta. sad_o.gif

I hate Fileplanet.

You know, bandwidth ain't free. I think FilePlanet is a pretty nifty deal, in that it helps keep the cost of games down while still allowing free downloads of game demos and patches. Sure, occasionally only paid subscribers get certain things first, or get to participate in betas, or whatever, but that's fine by me - they're PAID subscribers. And I get to download stuff for free by just waiting a bit longer... I mean, we've waited almost two (or has it been longer) years since first hearing about ArmA, we can wait another 24 hours for the demo I think wink_o.gif

And, had I looked, I would have noticed that FilePlanet has the demo available; so the point is moot anyway!

I've got it downloading from somewhere in the Netherlands, and I'm in a 20 minute wait in the queue at FilePlanet - who's download will "win"? whistle.gif

Definitely a great Christmas gift, thanks BIS!!! xmas_o.gif

All the best

Dan

HaHa... 7 ill most probably join you looking at the bushes...heheh

Count me in, lets have a bush party wink_o.gif

Subscribers only, same as the SupCom beta. sad_o.gif

I hate Fileplanet.

You know, bandwidth ain't free. I think FilePlanet is a pretty nifty deal, in that it helps keep the cost of games down while still allowing free downloads of game demos and patches. Sure, occasionally only paid subscribers get certain things first, or get to participate in betas, or whatever, but that's fine by me - they're PAID subscribers. And I get to download stuff for free by just waiting a bit longer... I mean, we've waited almost two (or has it been longer) years since first hearing about ArmA, we can wait another 24 hours for the demo I think wink_o.gif

well then thers something wrong with you...hahah just kiding

in gamer shell you dont have to wait, and FilePlanet are MORRONS!!! allways hated them,

im dl'ing with 58kb/s atm... 3andahalf hours left .. crap i have to go to school tomorrow and write a freakin test ....

DAM your unlucky mine is going at 150kb/s and have allready downloaded 51% 40 mins to go for me. I dont have school i finished University last week and have 3 weeks to do nothing...lol

wers the fastest place to downlad it... that goes over 250kb/s the least

85% done ............. will there be some dedicated servers up for the demo?

most likely yes....

dud why the hel has my speed droped to 120 kb/s this is killing me, still have 345mb to download... banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Somehow I doubt this is real,if there was a demo then it would probably be out in more places then just fileplanet,and its bullshit that you have to subscribe to download it,I'v downloaded several demo's from there and never had to subscribe.

are you not familiar with fileplanet? that's pretty much one of the most trustworthy and credible sites to get a download. they are liable to get frivolous lawsuits with any missteps

85% done ............. will there be some dedicated servers up for the demo?

most likely yes....

dud why the hel has my speed droped to 120 kb/s this is killing me, still have 345mb to download... banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

My speed was going up and down all over the place too ............. but it just finished as i typed this ........ see ya on the servers!!

I just hope my system can run it huh.gif

About ArmA Demo dedicated server hosts:

it's currently not possible to play using it nor using the -server commandline argument (and readme is incorrect in this part for the 1.03 demo exe).

We're going to adress this soon (by releasing a new exe needed for that), hopefully tomorow.