Sign in to follow this  
nigelbland

Demo today....WOOT

I think, all this small framerates are about slow servers. I've full game and it's running much better in MP than in the demo.

Ah, i cant see a thing, everythings too bright and everything is blurry. all my settings are high and Gamma correction etc are low

Ah, thank goodness it's not just me experiencing this. I was on a server trying to explain how everything goes a blinding white or stupidly dark as I move around, but all the guys on there had no idea of what I was on about. I have my gamma and brightness settings as low as you can get them to, also.

Any ideas, anyone?

Charlie @ Dec. 22 2006,13:31)]
Ah, i cant see a thing, everythings too bright and everything is blurry. all my settings are high and Gamma correction etc are low

Ah, thank goodness it's not just me experiencing this. I was on a server trying to explain how everything goes a blinding white or stupidly dark as I move around, but all the guys on there had no idea of what I was on about. I have my gamma and brightness settings as low as you can get them to, also.

Any ideas, anyone?

Try messing with gamma and brightness, try turning them up. I think it was Suma who said that the HDR is very sensitive to those settings

It might just be a driver issue, I know some Nvidia drivers have had issues with HDR in games. Try messing with brightness and gamma first.

tried that my friend, its like, grainy, ill continue to post screens, i mean the forground ie my weapon looks ok, but the scenery looks o bright, and grainy, ah its hard to explain.

oh by the way i have an X800GTO2 GFX card

O.K more troubleshooting. I was not able to start the demo. Upgarded Direct-X to December 2006 version. Now it starts with a black screen and then CTD with the: "Error creating Direct3d 9 graphics engine". No Direct3d problems encountered with other games.

Now what I need to upgrade?

Specs:

Pentium-4 1.7Ghz

Nvidia GE-Force 5500 fx

512 mb ram

Heh, you have luck with DX problems wink_o.gif

I start the game and an error appears that there`s a problem with Arma application. Any ideas?

Can someone upload ArmaDemo.exe please.

help.gif First sorry for my english.

I have a strange problem. Install the DEMO and I execute it and it works correctly, I can change parameters and others. But when I try to join an item(game) or I create one the game gives me error of windows. When it(he,she) was giving myself mistake then already it(he,she) was not leaving me to return to execute it if it(he,she) was not restarting the computer, but putting him-nosplash and-nomap if it(he,she) leaves me to execute the game, though it(he,she) continues giving me the same error of windows on having tried to join or to create item(game) item(game). I have the last drivers downloaded ATI and the last DirectX of December besides the last libs OpenAL.

Specs:

ASUS A78NXE Deluxe mother board

AMD 3000+

Shaphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

1 GB RAM

Windows XP SP2 last updated

Last drivers of DirectX and Catalyst.

CASTELLANO

Tengo un extranyo problema. Installo el juego y lo ejecuto y funciona correctamente, puedo cambiar parametros y demas. Pero cuando intento unirme a una partida o crear yo una el juego me da error de windows. Cuando me daba error luego ya no me dejaba volver a ejecutarlo si no reiniciaba el ordenador, pero poniendole -nosplash y -nomap si me deja ejecutar el juego, aunque me sigue dando el mismo error de windows al intentar unirme o crear partida. Tengo los ultimos drivers de ATI descargados y los ultimos DirectX de diciembre ademas de las ultimas librerias OpenAL.

P.D: Increible este foro no acepta enye confused_o.gif

Especificaciones:

ASUS A78NXE Deluxe Placa Base

AMD 3000+

Shaphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

1 GB RAM

Windows XP SP2 ultima actualizacion

Ultimos drivers de DirectX y Catalyst.

smooth gameplay on an x800 ?  crazy_o.gif

Yes a READON X800XL 256MB PCI with latest drivers!

It plays BF2 flawless on max settings

It plays WoW flawless on max settings

These games mentioned above eats grafic cards like candy and requires a top grafical card.

If you ever played any of these games you know what grafic card is needed in order to play with good grafics and smooth gameplay.

AA is not that crowded with buildings and so on wich could freak up your smoothness in gameplay.

So that cant be the case to have this slowmotion gameplay.

i've played all the bf series.i even upgraded from an x1300pro to a 7600gt to run arma.whereas your x800 is getting OLD.

how can you compare running WoW and bf2 to arma lol.

(this is not a flame)

your x800 wouldn't even run most of the new games coming out,including the new rainbow six vegas (shader model 3.0 gfx card needed)

time to upgrade imo.

this HDR lighting is driving me insane, its always fluctuating to the extreme, meaning, its always to bright to an extent that everything is white, in open areas, i think its still to bright.

It depends on what you´ve expected - as said numerous times before: ArmA is not a whole new game, it´s OFP on steroids.

So, compared to OFP ArmA has shrunken testicles, bigger breasts and occasional bouts of roid rage? tounge2.gif

lol you´ve hit the nail on top with that!

Normalized testicles to be delivered with one of the next patches biggrin_o.gif

Played the demo a little. With all settings maxed at 1280x960 and 'normal' AA it runs smoothly. And the HDR is fine, no problems there. My specs:

AMD 64 X2 3800

1Gb DDR400 ram (2x512)

Geforce 7800GT

UI is a bit annoying, with all the load screens.

yeah, i played all the night, and finally i think that Arma is really boring, if you don't like the simulations. for those who like that, this game is perfect. ofp was funnier, Arma is just too serious for me and need a too much expensive pc to work fine. thx for the demo as i said, but i won't buy the game. i will keep my old ofp.  smile_o.gif

Unfortunately I may have to agree with this. Anything below 2.2 ghz will be unplayable for the most part. Too bad as I was looking forward to this game. But not going to put down $4000 for a new one to play this. I stick with ofp as long as I can unless someone comes up with a new idea.

I have the same problem like most people do.

The full game runs much, much better than the demo, on the exact same settings.

I wanted to play the demo with a friend of mine who doesn't have the full game yet, unlike me, but ended up in angrily removing the demo from my PC.

My friend also had some major problems. It wasn't my connection, I'm sure, (100mb internet connection) others can play fine on my server. (Full game).

- Viper

The demo runs pretty damn good at full settings, and as you turn the settings lower and lower, the performance decreases! What's up with that? I'm not complaining though tounge2.gif

(Specs in sig)

Man I need some help. Spent $12 to D/L from cafe but the file was to big to burn on CD so spent $30.00 on 1 gig flashdrive. Brought it home but couldn't open as it's in zip format and I have Winrar. D/l Winzip but it doesn't show up in my list of 'program to open with' So i open properties of file and manually put in winzip. Now when I try to open in winzip i get error:

Windows cannot find C/program/ nifiles\winzip\winzip 32 exe." banghead.gif

One more thing the name of my file is: ArmaDemo103Final.Zip.dlmpartial  - is that right?

size -866,116 KB

Here's a short video of how helicopters handle in ARMA.

You find serious bugs in this game without even looking for the. How awesome is that? biggrin_o.gif

And somebody dare to tell me this is the realistic flight model you all have been waiting for.

Man I need some help. Spent $12 to D/L from cafe but the file was to big to burn on CD so spent $30.00 on 1 gig flashdrive. Brought it home but couldn't open as it's in zip format and I have Winrar. D/l Winzip but it doesn't show up in my list of 'program to open with' So i open properties of file and manually put in winzip. Now when I try to open in winzip i get error:

Windows cannot find C/program/ nifiles\winzip\winzip 32 exe." banghead.gif

One more thing the name of my file is: ArmaDemo103Final.Zip.dlmpartial  - is that right?

size -866,116 KB

Uhh.. WINRAR can open zip files as well? tounge2.gif

And the .partial there means you probably didnt download it completely or grabbed the wrong file.

Here's a short video of how helicopters handle in ARMA.

You find serious bugs in this game without even looking for the. How awesome is that? biggrin_o.gif

And somebody dare to tell me this is the realistic flight model you all have been waiting for.

You could have left out the first half of the video, since it was just a waste of time.

Flight model looks fine to me, you tried a barrel roll and fell to the ground. What is the problem? You think just because an aircraft is big that it's impossible to roll it?

If you can't see any problems, I won't waste any time explaining to you what the problem is. If you read a few pages back, some people asked for a video, so I gave them a video. If everything looks good for them, then thats their problem.

People can be ignorant if they want, you know.

I should have left out the first part, but it shows that it takes forever to get the command to do something. Same with the T72. Also it often happens with ammocrate, you never get the command.

For those who say the demo gives better performance, keep in mind that the demo takes place on SahraniLite. icon_rolleyes.gif

If everything looks good for them, then thats their problem.

How is it a problem for people if they are fine with it? tounge2.gif

Because they dicide to ignore them? I don't see anyone dogfighting in ARMA.

Wonder why uhmmm.

heres the latest screeny of what happens when i go under a tree

or just randomly

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/366/hdrcrapnessyz4.jpg

Holy crap O.O; eh..I'll give that a test later..

I don't honestly see whats hard about piloting with the current flight model,I haven't really had to practice much as all to get the hang of it,provided you are not careless with your helicopter. I did find that the blackhawk will fully rotate with the X and Z buttons when over land or atleast water,but when higher in the air it seems to center itself..ah well. I am rather curious as to why the Mi-17 is able to perform rolls,now if only they can make it so some helicopter rolls take longer and are wider,I love how you can lose control if not careful,real good way to fix carelessness if you don't know what your doing.

I'v never been able to hit the ground and survie with the mi-17 like that,and I highly doubt that thing can roll,much less loop in reality,ah well,demo and all that.

I wouldn't mind the flying at all. What I do mind is that because of the flying, you can't use the helicopter for anything other than a fancy taxi. The only thing about the flying is the sensitivity. They act like paper choppers, you turn a little to the left or right and you flip right away.

You cant have air vs air battles or air vs ground. Unless you use auto aiming missiles all the time.

The plane dogfighting is even horrible if not impossible.

Thats what ruins it for me