Sign in to follow this  
nigelbland

Demo today....WOOT

I sure hope english is not your primary language...

And you could be a bit more considerate..still trolling about the soldiers,I don't see whats wrong with their walking,they seem to walk like everyone else.

As for the Mi-8-17,yeah I agree,and so far I haven't seen any videos of performing any rolls whatsoever and I pretty much have every possible video of AA there is.

I sure hope english is not your primary language...

And you could be a bit more considerate..still trolling about the soldiers,I don't see whats wrong with their walking,they seem to walk like everyone else.

As for the Mi-8-17,yeah I agree,and so far I haven't seen any videos of performing any rolls whatsoever and I pretty much have every possible video of AA there is.

Well maby you should look more, ill try and recorde one, coz soon as i started playing the demo, and soon and i took of with the Mi-8 helicopter its started spining out of control and then rolled once to the right and then it went even further out of control and crashed...

The soldiers walk 1 leg in front of the otehr and legs closed to gether like they wer on a cat walk modeling their gear, or something, they dont walk manly at all...

Did you see the size of the land?

What game meets your expectations? It must be awesome

What on earth does the size of the land have to do with the movements of the soldiers and the flying rocks they call "choppers"? Really.

Just because the game has good sides doesn't mean we have to ignore all the badsides.

Anyone knows how to turn the HDR off? Because it bugs me.

HDR=0, does that work? And which config is it in?

Thanks

Bratty have you even played the demo? Do you have the game? have you tried flying with a chopper or plane in ARMA?

What on earth does the size of the land have to do with the movements of the soldiers and the flying rocks they call "choppers"?  Really.

Just because the game has good sides doesn't mean we have to ignore all the badsides.

HDR=0, does that work?  And which config is it in?  

Thanks

Bratty have you even played the demo?  Do you have the game?  have you tried flying with a chopper or plane in ARMA?

HDR 0 didnt work for me

What on earth does the size of the land have to do with the movements of the soldiers and the flying rocks they call "choppers"?  Really.

Thanks

Bratty have you even played the demo?  Do you have the game?  have you tried flying with a chopper or plane in ARMA?

Suma has mentioned in the troubleshooting forum that it is impossible to turn off HDR without practically turning off all the game's lighting system entirely! I wish I could turn it off too, but it's not possible... sad_o.gif

- dRb

What on earth does the size of the land have to do with the movements of the soldiers and the flying rocks they call "choppers"? Really.

Thanks

Bratty have you even played the demo? Do you have the game? have you tried flying with a chopper or plane in ARMA?

HDR 0 didnt work for me

How do i recorde a video, whilst playing...

No I haven't played the demo.I bought the german version weeks ago.

Soldier movements and most all these nitpicks can be fixed and I am sure they will.

Entering comments and bugfix suggestions is understandable.

Saying its crap is totally ridiculous and annoying.The game is wicked awesome

There is no comparable product

Thanks

HDR 0 didnt work for me

dont know sorry smile_o.gif

What good is an "awesome game" if you don't enjoy it?

For me to enjoy it they will have to do quite some code changing. They will have to make planes not handle like flying rocks and make the choppers act less like UFO.

ATM its impossible to dogfight, or even air to ground combat.

The player movements are not that easy to change either, but they are not a big of a deal as choppers and planes. The way choppers and planes are at the moment ruins 1/3 of the game.

To me there is a comparable product and its call OFP. In fact its better since I can enjoy it.

Quote[/b] ]As you probably know its a demo,so in no way does this represent the final game

What the heck are you talking about?  The final game is out in 3 countries and on sprocket.  

And this demo is as accurate to what will be in the UK version as you can get.  Maybe some bug fixes, but I don't expect anything out of the ordinary.  

And some issues might be because of server lag.  Like shooting and not scoring a hit.

Well i disagree with u there as by the looks of things a few bugs are in the demo that are not in the already released games,so thats what the heck im talking about.

Dan

For me to enjoy it they will have to do quite some code changing.  They will have to make planes not handle like flying rocks and make the choppers act less like UFO.  

The player movements are not that easy to change either, but they are not a big of a deal as choppers and planes.  The way choppers and planes are at the moment ruins 1/3 of the game.

To me there is a comparable product and its call OFP.  In fact its better since I can enjoy it.

If you dont like the game dont play it

Well I'm not playing it, thats why I'm around here posting biggrin_o.gif

And which bugs are those Dan?

i have 3 gig internal memory

i have x800xL 256mb PCI (with latest drivers)

i have a P4 processor

i have a 20 mb internet line

But i have to put everything on normal or low and even then its slowmotion gameplay.

It feels like playing your character in THE MATRIX everything is slow.

My OPF1 is freaking faster with everything compared to this demo.

I expect to have a smooth gameplay but its far from that.

Short summary of my experience:

- Yes! Finally we can move faster than a cast iron tree sloth on sleeping pills with a secondary weapon! One of the things that really bugged me from FP.

- Walking and shooting is now much more accurate than in FP. Feels like walking actually has a purpose now.

- Helicopter FM. Hammerheads, rolls, and loops are now possible; major plus here. Flying helicopters isn't a walk in the park any more, and I'm going to enjoy the new challenge they present.

- Friendly AI still seems as dumb as a pile of bricks. I was fighting of an attacking force of SLA soldiers and my AI stands around doing... Nothing?

- CTI is very hard on my system. Maybe all the units? Not a clue on this one, but coop and CTF ran ok. But neither of those lets you fly helis.

-IF you can call that walking than okey... thats more how fruit cakes walk and not soldiers in combat...

- Flying a helicopter is nothing like that... i should know especialy the Mi-8/17 thers no way in hell a 12 ton helicopter like that can rolle i dont know W.T.F you are talking about or in what move you saw that, te only helicopters that can role are teh samall attack helicopters liket the cobra which are suposed to role and not side wards no helicopter rolles side wards... ony the attack helicopters can do a back flip and nothing els, flying a helicopters in not that had and its is nothing like in ArmA, hoverin can be hard, but not flying

this game is not half the game that OFP was whne it first came out....

Flying a helicopter is nothing like that you should know? Why should you know, its quite obvious you don't know jack shit about helicopters. Any helicopter that is fully articulated is responsive as hell regardless of weight. Oh btw only smaller helicopters can roll, guess you forgot to tell these guys that http://youtube.com/watch?v=VZlqfYLFR-4

A CH-53 is a hell of alot bigger and heavier than an Mi-8 and its still responsive. Please stop spreading your uniformed, almost unreadable crap about helicopters. You have no idea what you are talking about.

For me to enjoy it they will have to do quite some code changing.  They will have to make planes not handle like flying rocks and make the choppers act less like UFO.  

The player movements are not that easy to change either, but they are not a big of a deal as choppers and planes.  The way choppers and planes are at the moment ruins 1/3 of the game.

To me there is a comparable product and its call OFP.  In fact its better since I can enjoy it.

Funny thing is, even with a horrible framerate I was able to fly the helicopters very easily on my first try, and I have to say it's a lot better than OFP. As for you, you can't seem to make up your mind. First you call them rocks, then you call them UFOs, but they're perfectly fine and you should just shut the hell up about it already! You've made your point, so stop mentioning it in every single post you make.

smooth gameplay on an x800 ?  crazy_o.gif

Yes a READON X800XL 256MB PCI with latest drivers!

It plays BF2 flawless on max settings

It plays WoW flawless on max settings

These games mentioned above eats grafic cards like candy and requires a top grafical card.

If you ever played any of these games you know what grafic card is needed in order to play with good grafics and smooth gameplay.

AA is not that crowded with buildings and so on wich could freak up your smoothness in gameplay.

So that cant be the case to have this slowmotion gameplay.

Thanks

HDR 0 didnt work for me

dont know sorry smile_o.gif

Try fraps,it should work.

armademo.jpg

your card does not support dx 9 sorry

I got this same error and I got dx9

AMD 1.6  

Gforce4 TI 4800 SE 128

2gig of ram

...Prolly just dont have the oomf to run it

sad_o.gif

@Gon4z

I'll reply to you when I can understand what it is you're trying to say...?

EDIT: As for your image, well...

ohno_myneck.jpg

@Meathead

GF4 cards are not DX9 cards. They're DX8. ArmA is a DX9 game, hence a DX8 card cannot run it.

When I want to play the demo it says "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found" please help help.gif

@France

Ahh thanx for the clarification.

I was thinking if I downloaded direct X 9.0c I was good to go hehe

Oh well guess its time to start upgrading xmas_o.gif