Sign in to follow this  
nigelbland

Demo today....WOOT

Downloading now, by looking at some demo screens i am not that impressed by looking at it.

But ill wait untill i see it on my computer to give any further reaction.

EDIT: well its a sucky start, just download the full demo and it says file corrupt.

is it possible to run this demo on a GeForce 2?

I can run HL2 quite well with it but i remember seeing a page where a player with a GeForce 4 could not open Arma becuause of shader model 2 requirement. will i be able to play the demo huh.gif

is it possible to run this demo on a GeForce 2?

I can run HL2 quite well with it but i remember seeing a page where a player with a GeForce 4 could not open Arma becuause of shader model 2 requirement. will i be able to play the demo huh.gif

No.

BIS released a fake demo all files r corrupted. what a shame.

I downloaded it 3 times of different mirrors band.gif

f... u

Makes no sense to (keep) downloading the demos since they r all corrupted.

BIS released a fake demo all files r corrupted. what a shame.

I downloaded it 3 times of different mirrors  band.gif

f... u

Makes no sense to (keep) downloading the demos since they r all corrupted.

Everyone else seems to be getting it fine so I doubt blaming BI is going to help, maybe check your connection as it's what seems to be at fault.

what r u talking about i downloaded it and it works fine,also on my bro's pc.both from gamers hell.

u must have faulty memory or something.

The one from gamershell worked fine for me...

I'm very happy that I finaly get to experience the game but in it's current state, even as a demo I can't say I can recommend it yet.

sad_o.gif

Best wishes the game will be ace when it hits the states. confused_o.gif

I downloaded it onto OGN's dedicated server from here - http://armed-assault.net/ using the 3rd mirror and the zip was corrupt, thats also not the first time I've had a corrupt file from armed-assault.net

I downloaded it again onto our server from here @ 1Mb/sec - http://xtreme.filearena.net/First%2....NAL.zip And the zip is fine from this mirror.

Best wishes the game will be ace when it hits the states. confused_o.gif

You seem to be pretty spoiled over there .. imho it´s already good fun in the current state, although were just "betatesting" it.

It depends on what you´ve expected - as said numerous times before: ArmA is not a whole new game, it´s OFP on steroids.

And after some patching it´ll even be bugfree if BI keeps their patching policy the same as back in OFP days. Nothing to complain about, just show some patience and in the meantime make hundreds of cool missions biggrin_o.gif

We updated our files on ArmA.de and ArmA.net, that meant file corruption for some users. We apologize for that.

By now everything works flawlessly, I double checked the files from each of our mirrors.

For the curious, MD5 checksum of the 5019 version is a34161d40c064ba8c808f80ee81dd348

Another mirror: ftp://88.191.41.75/demo/ArmADemo103FINAL.zip

This is a sucky game/demo

- vehicles are very wierd to control

- player movement is like beeing drunk

- weapon use is totaly messed up, sticks in iron sight when you click right mouse button, sniper rifle dissapears when first shot fired.

- the character movement and fire the first shot looks like to take ages.

everything looks to go in slowmotion

Very bad game for real and i am not gonna buy it.

This is a sucky game/demo

- vehicles are very wierd to control

- player movement is like beeing drunk

- weapon use is totaly messed up, sticks in iron sight when you click right mouse button, sniper rifle dissapears when first shot fired.

- the character movement and fire the first shot looks like to take ages.

everything looks to go in slowmotion

Very bad game for real and i am not gonna buy it.

Same things i found wrong with that game....

The dam sniper is not acurate at all u poing at the guys chest and u still miss him, WTF is that all about, te only good things on that game are the improved graphics and the good looking island

and the tank turet moves more slowely and more siffer i like that because it makes the movment like a reall tank...

apart from that the whole game play is pretty crappy, OFP was much better, when you pointing your gun up to shoot at helicopters your hands go over your head.... the gun just actweir when you move it, teh soldiers walk like fags & not like soldiers, vihcles has verry crappy handeling its like driving a horse carage, & not a jeep, and still many bugs... iam having second doubst about buying this game in february

Hmmmmmmmmm,you maybe could of worded that a bit better mate.Instead of this game sucks bla,bla,bla.

As you probably know its a demo,so in no way does this represent the final game.I wouldnt say it sucks,far from it tbh.I quite like it although when i was playing coop by myself the ai were amazing,not a bad thing actually a good thing.

Im impressed apart from sometimes it seems a bit unstable,but like i said its a demo,but i like it.Impressed.

All the best

Dan

I downloaded the demo, it runs fine for me, although I am having the occasional loud engine sound bug. The only other complaint I have is I can't find a low-pinging server. What do the boxes in the ping column mean?

It depends on what you´ve expected - as said numerous times before: ArmA is not a whole new game, it´s OFP on steroids.

So, compared to OFP ArmA has shrunken testicles, bigger breasts and occasional bouts of roid rage? tounge2.gif

I am not so imprest by the demo i think it would have been better if it was singleplayer, anyway their where loads of weird things going on like blownup hummves bing driven, no textures on buildings and quite alot more. I just hope when i get the german version i will like it more then the demo. oh one thing i dont like about Armed Assault is the gun sounds they sound like little kids toy gun's no sound of power from them. But i hope their will be so rly good sound packs out sometime soon.

Quote[/b] ]As you probably know its a demo,so in no way does this represent the final game

What the heck are you talking about? The final game is out in 3 countries and on sprocket.

And this demo is as accurate to what will be in the UK version as you can get. Maybe some bug fixes, but I don't expect anything out of the ordinary.

And some issues might be because of server lag. Like shooting and not scoring a hit.

Short summary of my experience:

- Yes! Finally we can move faster than a cast iron tree sloth on sleeping pills with a secondary weapon! One of the things that really bugged me from FP.

- Walking and shooting is now much more accurate than in FP. Feels like walking actually has a purpose now.

- Helicopter FM. Hammerheads, rolls, and loops are now possible; major plus here. Flying helicopters isn't a walk in the park any more, and I'm going to enjoy the new challenge they present.

- Friendly AI still seems as dumb as a pile of bricks. I was fighting of an attacking force of SLA soldiers and my AI stands around doing... Nothing?

- CTI is very hard on my system. Maybe all the units? Not a clue on this one, but coop and CTF ran ok. But neither of those lets you fly helis.

Yea... this demo is of version 1.03 its contains more of the lates developments than teh reall game since you sill haven goten 1.03 patch, and this game its pretty crappy.... and like i said the soldiers aft like fags and not soldiers the viehcles are so crappy especialy the helicopters if u turn them to teh side a litle they start roling...etc thers plent wrong with this game but you just dont want to see it...

Just tell me WHAT THE HELL IS THAT...

W.T.F

Yea... this demo is of version 1.03 its contains more of the lates developments than teh reall game since you sill haven goten 1.03 patch, and this game its pretty crappy.... and like i said the soldiers aft like fags and not soldiers the viehcles are so crappy especialy the helicopters if u turn them to teh side a litle they start roling...etc thers plent wrong with this game but you just dont want to see it...

Just tell me WHAT THE HELL IS THAT...

W.T.F

Your griping more then needed,juding by a few of your phrases, "soldiers act like fags". You sound more like a troll then specificly saying what is wrong,besides,we'v heard this song plenty of times so please bird,stop your screeching.

And thats probably the arm having moved up before the gun did or the soldier lifed their weapon but locked their view in place,the view is not fully attached to the gun like in..oh I duno..all other games.

Short summary of my experience:

- Yes! Finally we can move faster than a cast iron tree sloth on sleeping pills with a secondary weapon! One of the things that really bugged me from FP.

- Walking and shooting is now much more accurate than in FP. Feels like walking actually has a purpose now.

- Helicopter FM. Hammerheads, rolls, and loops are now possible; major plus here. Flying helicopters isn't a walk in the park any more, and I'm going to enjoy the new challenge they present.

- Friendly AI still seems as dumb as a pile of bricks. I was fighting of an attacking force of SLA soldiers and my AI stands around doing... Nothing?

- CTI is very hard on my system. Maybe all the units? Not a clue on this one, but coop and CTF ran ok. But neither of those lets you fly helis.

-IF you can call that walking than okey... thats more how fruit cakes walk and not soldiers in combat...

- Flying a helicopter is nothing like that... i should know especialy the Mi-8/17 thers no way in hell a 12 ton helicopter like that can rolle i dont know W.T.F you are talking about or in what move you saw that, te only helicopters that can role are teh samall attack helicopters liket the cobra which are suposed to role and not side wards no helicopter rolles side wards... ony the attack helicopters can do a back flip and nothing els, flying a helicopters in not that had and its is nothing like in ArmA, hoverin can be hard, but not flying

this game is not half the game that OFP was whne it first came out....