Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

Naming groups in the slot select screen

This is a simple one - is it possible to change the group name listed in the slot select screen for a mission?

Meaning, instead of 1-1-A, it could be changed to something like "1st Squad, 1st Fireteam".

Is this possible?

If not, I suppose the description for individual units will be a decent workaround - giving each leader the proper group name will suffice, but it would be much nicer to have native support for naming groups.

Tried that and it works in game, but not when I choose MP roles.

Well, it wouldn't, since it only takes effect when the mission starts. How about editing the mission.sqm file?

Tried that and it works in game, but not when I choose MP roles.

Well, it wouldn't, since it only takes effect when the mission starts. How about editing the mission.sqm file?

If you can find a command that does this in the mission.sqm file, that would be useful.

The SetGroupID thing is useless for what I'm asking for, though.

I dont know if you can change the group name, but if you double click the leader of the group there's a box called "Description" or some such. I believe you can change that to "First Squad, 1st Fire Team" and then that specific soldier will have that as his name in the MP selection role.

I dont know if you can change the group name, but if you double click the leader of the group there's a box called "Description" or some such. I believe you can change that to "First Squad, 1st Fire Team" and then that specific soldier will have that as his name in the MP selection role.

Yeah, I know about that. I'd like to actually name the groups at the start, though, as that'd be a more ideal way to get it done. It seems stupid to be able to name them once the mission starts, yet not have any control over it at the slot-select screen.

To name the groups right from the beginning you should use the group leader's init line in the editor and type something like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setGroupId["Any name you like", "GroupColorX"]

The group will then be named "Any name you like" with the GroupColorX.

The first parameter must not appear in more groups or it won't work.

The X in GroupColorX has to be one of these found in the Biki (setGroupId) or the editing guide.

To name the groups right from the beginning you should use the group leader's init line in the editor and type something like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setGroupId["Any name you like", "GroupColorX"]

The group will then be named "Any name you like" with the GroupColorX.

The first parameter must not appear in more groups or it won't work.

The X in GroupColorX has to be one of these found in the Biki (setGroupId) or the editing guide.

Please read the thread next time before posting your solution. I know about SetGroupID. That does NOT put the group name at the slot select screen, which is what I'm asking for.

I understand there is no valid responses for Arma: Armed Assault, but what´s about change groups name on slot selecction screen on Arma2:CO? is there any way to do this? as 5 years ago Dslyecxi i want change group name: "1-1-A" by "Comando Alpha".

Edited by Josueps