Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

Goodbye Placebo

Who is that Placebo everyone is talking about ?? crazy_o.gif

Nah honestely... thanks for banning my business of BI forums and thanks for all those nice times... we didnt have whistle.gif

Nah now really honestly, you were cool man, people thought of you as a god! smile_o.gif

[bQMS] SOBR

PS. am I free to advertise for my business now that you've gone ?

I just wanted to chime in that I've never seen a better moderated forum, where everyone was held to an equal and disciplined manner. VIP eliteness has never been a safety escape, while nooblings allowed to earn respect.

Unfortunately, the recent yammering tsunami of the denizens of intellectual sewers has taken a grevious toll on the community, but those paid hacks of Blizzard and EA that infest these boards like a foul plague or pestilence have been deftly managed by the mod's here.

The stability and moods of the administration are in large measure reflective of the deference to and attitude of the head moderator. Were I in charge, there would be a great deal more summary net block bans for the capital crime of terminal stupidity and being an incorrigible disgrace to not only humanity but all simian lifeforms. However, the moderation shown in moderation has made for a more healthy atmosphere.

I do hope though that for the good of the community, that I be made head mod so that I can - with the most noble assistance of the gloriously enlightend ~blackdog and sniper_skull - purge the boards of the legions of soulless zombie leechs. I'm sure that we could reach a mutually agreeable understanding in that matter.

Personally, I hope that you have the best of times whereever you land. Best wishes and good luck.

PS : tea leaves are best read by yourself, and not stirred up.

Does this mean the cereal thread can come back now? tounge2.gif

smile_o.gif few will really understand this one, but seeing the return of Peter Pan everything seems possible biggrin_o.gif (The cat leaves the house...)

I vote for the 'chicks with guns' thread... tounge2.gif

Na, honestly, I hope BIS will find someone of equal qualities to continue managing these boards in the same manner that proved so successful over the last few years! Even with the current onslaught of all those twits from outer space it still is one of the best and most mature forums out there and that - being a gamers forum - is a all that really needs to be said about what Placebo and his team of mods accomplished!

Best wishes to you and your wife, Placebo!

omg I spend a few weeks sailing and that's the time for everything to happen... good luck Placebo and xmas_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

All the best with your new endeavours Placebo. thumbs-up.gif

I'm sure BIS will find it hard to replace your commitment and ability to deal wth even the whineiest of whinners!!! band.gif

Have a great Christmas and a Prosperous 2007.

xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]with the most noble assistance of the gloriously enlightend ~blackdog and sniper_skull

Smoke crack much?

Goodbye Paul

You have been a great guy to the community and passing on information from BI to us. I know it was your job, but you did it extremely well wink_o.gif

Let you and your wife enjoy your future, and hopefully you will come back later in life to tell us how your getting on.

Thanks Paul. You will be greatly missed. notworthy.gif

.. dont go? Bah you will anyway.

Have a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year xmas_o.gif

Good Byeeeeeeeeeee inlove.gif

Farewell, goodluck and thanks for all your effort...

Farewell Placebo, thank you for keeping this forum a safe and clean place to be.

Updated 12/24/06 to clarify on some points that may make my post sound sour (red text has been added)

Man I hate making posts like these but I may as well put it out in the open before you go:

For the longest time I've had a grudge against the moderators of this forum especially placebo icon_rolleyes.gif spawning from a dreadful battle over some posts I made in the OFP: CP thread, maybe in 2003 or 2004? The basic situation was that upon my posting of a certain person photoshopped into an scene from Tonal (seen below), I was given an increased warning level (must have been from 1 squares to 2 squares - <span style='color:red'>I had one square from a previous offense</span>).

pan.gif

Needless to say I was fuming. I was absolutely pissed. What was so bad about posting a photoshopped picture of Peter Pan?

Based on the above thinking, I went on to post yet another photoshopped picture of Peter Pan (I was really asking for it) in the OFPCP thread along with some nasty words and upon getting another (once again, if I remember correctly) two warning squares and a PR, I was ready to get a one-way-ticket to placebo's house with a bomb strapped to my chest.

Once I became un-pr'ed and really not liking the four warning squares under my name I basically went into martyr-mode which involved me acting like a total idiot for the most part. I said some egotistical things like "you can't ban me - I'm too awesome" and such (which was true in one way but yet so false in another tounge2.gif) and basically that is lead up to me being banned completely.

So once I was banned completely, I wasn't quite done with wreaking havoc, so I had some fun making up some signatures for all my forum friends to wear around the forum. I changed mine as well. I was a pretty active forum member back then so it was seen quite a bit. <span style='color:red'>In retrospect, this was a pretty stupid thing to do, especially considering the fact that I was given amnesty as well. Looking at it that way, I could be considered quite an asshole.</span>

That stunt lead to the mods locking me out of my account completely and stuff so that was the end of me on the forums. I shut down my website (I hosted a lot of OFP mods back then) but then a week later I came back with a new server for even better hosting but it would never be the same after that.

Then the forum amnesty thing came along and that's why I'm back here posting again today. <span style='color:red'>I really appreciate that Placebo and the moderating staff gave me and others who had made other foolish mistakes a second chance. It was especially kind of him especially considering the way that I attacked the forum leadership after I was banned. For amnesty, I am very grateful!</span>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, at this point you may be asking yourself "why did you post such an embarrassing accolade Mr. Blackdog?"

Well I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for <s>what I did and everything, but only up to a point!</s> the way that I blew the situation even moreso out of proportion

What happened after the first warning (80% of the action I'd say) was pretty much my fault. I was stupid to do what I did.

BUT...

I never really did get a true explanation as to why I got a WL in the first place for posting the photoshopped picture of Peter Pan. If I remember correctly, I received a WL+1 and a short PM saying basically "you should know better about posting Peter Pan on the forums!" after the first picture I posted. This was the only reasoning I was ever given.

Here's what I know now - the true reason as to why I got the warning level in the first place:

I didn't begin posting or become active in the community until a few months after I first created my account. Apparently, there was an all out ban on anything related to Peter Pan from PixyLand (it was not my intention to make this rhyme) in effect which I was totally unaware of in the first place. Had I of known of this, I doubt any of the above would have ever happened...

So basically, looking back on it all, the whole situation was a misunderstanding as far as I view it... so... that's my story. <span style='color:red'>And please keep in mind this post is made trying to make peace -- I'm not trying to "start" anything.</span>

Regardless of what happened back then, I would like to thank you for your service to the community, and I would like to wish you and your wife a good future wherever time may take you.

-- blackdog

<span style='color:red'>Merry Xmas</span>

hang on editing this post because i hit add reply too soon

Have you fallen down the stairs whilst doing it? It's been over 15 minutes now. The suspense is killing me biggrin_o.gif

Man I hate making posts like these but I may as well put it out in the open before you go:

For the longest time I've had a grudge against the moderators of this forum especially placebo icon_rolleyes.gif spawning from a dreadful battle over some posts I made in the OFP: CP thread, maybe in 2003 or 2004? The basic situation was that upon my posting of a certain person photoshopped into an scene from Tonal (seen below), I was given an increased warning level (must have been from 1 squares to 2 squares).

http://www.surfacezero.com/span/pan.gif

Needless to say I was fuming. I was absolutely pissed. What was so bad about posting a photoshopped picture of Peter Pan?

Based on the above thinking, I went on to post yet another photoshopped picture of Peter Pan (I was really asking for it) in the OFPCP thread along with some nasty words and upon getting another (once again, if I remember correctly) two warning squares and a PR, I was ready to get a one-way-ticket to placebo's house with a bomb strapped to my chest.

Once I became un-pr'ed and really not liking the four warning squares under my name I basically went into martyr-mode which involved me acting like a total idiot for the most part. I said some egotistical things like "you can't ban me - I'm too awesome" and such (which was true in one way but yet so false in another tounge2.gif) and basically that is lead up to me being banned completely.

So once I was banned completely, I wasn't quite done with wreaking havoc, so I had some fun making up some signatures for all my forum friends to wear around the forum. I changed mine as well. I was a pretty active forum member back then so it was seen quite a bit.

That stunt lead to the mods locking me out of my account completely and stuff so that was the end of me on the forums. I shut down my website (I hosted a lot of OFP mods back then) but then a week later I came back with a new server for even better hosting but it would never be the same after that.

Then the forum amnesty thing came along and that's why I'm back here posting again today.

So, at this point you may be asking yourself "why did you post such an embarrassing accolade Mr. Blackdog?"

Well I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for what I did and everything, but only up to a point!

What happened after the first warning (80% of the action I'd say) was pretty much my fault. I was stupid to do what I did.

BUT...

I never really did get a true explanation as to why I got a WL in the first place for posting the photoshopped picture of Peter Pan. If I remember correctly, I received a WL+1 and a short PM saying basically "you should know better about posting Peter Pan on the forums!" after the first picture I posted. This was the only reasoning I was ever given.

Here's what I know now - the true reason as to why I got the warning level in the first place:

I didn't begin posting or become active in the community until a few months after I first created my account. Apparently, there was an all out ban on anything related to Peter Pan from PixyLand (it was not my intention to make this rhyme) in effect which I was totally unaware of in the first place. Had I of known of this, I doubt any of the above would have ever happened...

So basically, looking back on it all, the whole situation was a misunderstanding as far as I view it... so... that's my story.

Regardless of what happened back then, I would like to thank you for your service to the community, and I would like to wish you and your wife a good future wherever time may take you.

-- blackdog

seems like you are more interested in being a drama queen and throw a meat for OT fun. Your ban was 100% your fault. You KNEW Peter Pan was not allowed but you continuously defied orders to not post them, and when your childish act didn't work, you tried to incite riot against mods by shutting down your server.

Even after amnesty, you continuously pushed boundaries, and the current no-box situation only happened after placebo told you to behave for some time. Don't try to portray yourself as a victim. What happened to you is your fault and I'd suggest that you behave.

seems like you are more interested in being a drama queen

Oooh, I'd like to see a pic of Blackdog as drama queen! rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]You KNEW Peter Pan was not allowed but you continuously defied orders to not post them, and when your childish act didn't work, you tried to incite riot against mods by shutting down your server.

I can't get the tune of Streisand's "Memories" out of my head now - and I don't even like Babs!

Now that Pan is a full fledged OFP addon, I'm hoping that Blackdog will devote his modmaking abilities to another favorite of his, Tiny Tim.

Oh. Hi Ralph. welcome.gif

Placebo, you will be sorely missed. Thank you for all your years of forum posting, moderate moderating (well, sort of) and you numerous contributions to the OFP community. I much enjoyed your online and offline posts. Be successful and happy in all your endevors, wherever you may go.

Max res! icon14.gif

Good luck. Think you are from the wood of beeing once the boss of your own company.

- Halt die Ohren steif -

Good luck. Placebo was a good moderator. Strict? no, if you follow the rules smile_o.gif

I wonder who will take his place now? wow_o.gif as a moderator and BIS public relations