Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

Goodbye Placebo

Hey Placebo - good luck with all that you are going to do in the future. Just wanna thank you for the e mails over the last year about the release of AA. I know you have been very busy and yet you still took the time to reply to me.

Thanks and best of luck.

Use the force !!

Craig

…LOL … blackdog~  ... Now Placebo can’t leave the building – his head won’t fit through the door! rofl.gif

Well it does seem you will be deeply missed around here Paul! The words Placebo and BI Forums seem almost welded together! Good luck with your career move and all your future plans!

Oh, and thanks for adopting my new sig!  biggrin_o.gif

Cheers ... cheers.gif

Red kite.

i hope no one takes too much offense to this, but my guess of why he left was due to numerous complaints of his controlling personality. i mean he was after all a pretty strict and unlikeable moderator.

Quote[/b] ] but my guess of why he left was due to numerous complaints of his controlling personality

I guess that you´re taking yourself a bit too important if you think that he leaves because of the community.

In fact it will be very hard for BIS to find someone who will take the job with the same motivation and professionality like Placebo has.

To be the interface between a rather uncommunicative company and a demanding community is no job I´d want to have.

I guess over the years we all have seen that Placebo handled the forum in a professional manner and the BIS forum therefore is general of a high quality level. It´s a result of his work ( and the other mod´s work aswell) and in the end of the day I guess we should honor that.

Hope your new life bring to you all you Want wink_o.gif

Good luck Placebo wink_o.gif

And many thx for your : patience/professionalism and many more wink_o.gif

See you later, perhaps behind ArmA ID wink_o.gif

notworthy.gif

i hope no one takes too much offense to this, but my guess of why he left was due to numerous complaints of his controlling personality. i mean he was after all a pretty strict and unlikeable moderator.

Ehhrr... Rules are Rules... Why have Rules if they will not be enforced? The man did a tremendous job, better than I can mod my own forums as i'm not a man of steal nerves and patience like Placebo wink_o.gif

Cheers Placebo - you were the one who perswaded me to get broadband for the multiplayer experience. For this I am eternally gratefull. Good luck in whatever path you choose to take.

I 'saw'/expirienced much much worse 'out there'; totally self ego-ed, God like(the site, that is Me), deeply with the 'real life' frustrated(everything is going wrong for me today, so I'm in a bad mood, therefore I'll pick on you, the user; you'll receive a lecture even for a wrong spelling, and if you'll even slightly complain about it I'll ban your arse) moderators.

Placebo was a very good moderator, I think many new and future mods can learn from his patience, and 'moding tolerance'.

I wish you a good luck in future steps in your life.

Bye Bye Placebo,

was really nice to have you here in this Forum!

Wish you a good time and all the best!

MfG Medicus xmas_o.gif

I kind of liked his way of moderating. He often told people to do/not do something in a funny way, so that people couldn't really be angry with him. Rules are rules, as is said above. BIS is paying for this space, so it needs to be kept clean and on-topic. He did that pretty well (though of course the other moderators shouldn't be neglected either) smile_o.gif

One of the best moderators Ive seen in action over the years and ive been online since 1996.

Have nice life dude. xmas_o.gif

Great work Placebo, you'll be missed.

Good luck, Merry Christmas and have a good new year! xmas_o.gifconfused_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Goodbye and good luck!

(Does this mean the cereal thread can come back now?  tounge2.gif)

smile_o.gif few will really understand this one, but seeing the return of Peter Pan everything seems possible biggrin_o.gif (The cat leaves the house...)

Farewell Placebo!

Seems to me that you just had 'officially' joined BIS and now you are leaving.

May the tides be with you in your future endeavours thumbs-up.gif

Andreas G.

I salute the professionalism of your job.

Well done Placebo and good luck.

Cheers

i agree, he's very professional...but it made him into a robot. and i by no means represent even a small part of the community. i'm saying this as my own opinion. i've no grudge against him, and i personally like the man. i'm just saying his work made him into an automaton

Wow, that's...sad

I'll miss a guy who have never talked with me face to face...that's probably a...placebo smile_o.gif

Although I'm still a newb on these forums, compared to others, I've already learned that Placebo was (is) a really good mod. So, without unnecessary pathos:

You did a nice job here, good bye and good luck to you and your wife wherever you will go. And don't forget you're still one of us, ofp freaks m8 pistols.gif

btw...merry christmas  xmas_o.gif

It's hard to see you go.

Who will notify me of my PMs by email now?!!!!

Who will give me nice little boxes under my name?! Oh wait ralphy does that lol.

Anyways good luck placebo maybe one day we'll see some placebo jr's running around and locking threads on here eh? maybe yeah?

Bye Placebo good luck on ur next adventure.

PS. Adeus Placebo até a próxima, boa sorte wink_o.gif