Sign in to follow this  
--DST-- HIGHLANDER

should you be able to move and shoot in ARMA?

i just wanna see what the community  thinks about ctf play, and the bad movment, anims, which make it impossible to move and shoot from fast, unlike ofp movement, which i thought was perfect for CTF gameplay.

Highlander, you can do it man! You spent 5 years in OFP learning to headshot someone whilst sidestrafing at 100 metres with a single bullet from a G36 - you can adapt your amazingly 1337 W4r S1mul4t10n sk1llz for 4rm4!!

HIGHLANDER @ Dec. 19 2006,17:18)]i just wanna see what the community  thinks about ctf play, and the bad movment, anims, which make it impossible to move and shoot from fast, unlike ofp movement, which i thought was perfect for CTF gameplay.

Go play CS? This isn't run and gun. And you can move and fire, just pull up your ironsight.

In case you didnt notice real warfare has quite a bit of "camping" in it, you might want to try a game that has a little less realistic approach.

1) You *CAN* already walk and shoot at the same time. Just look through the scope and walk.

2) You don't fire a gun while running around or even walking fastly in reality. Only Sylvester Stallone has mastered firing a 20mm minigun out of his waist while jumping over hurdles.

Arma just seems to be more like a coop game in MP, especially with all the work thats been done on the AI. Fast shooting CTF'ers have been dumped on with the grandpa anims, but I guess at least we're all in the same boat.

For sure going rambo isn't realistic, but why should we all be forced to learn how to "camp" after we waited so long for this game? We loved ofp, thats why we play arma and not CSS smile_o.gif

Argh I guess it was never gonna be the same... Lets all play like we're over 60 yay.gif

Arma just seems to be more like a coop game in MP, especially with all the work thats been done on the AI. Fast shooting CTF'ers have been dumped on with the grandpa anims, but I guess at least we're all in the same boat.

For sure going rambo isn't realistic, but why should we all be forced to learn how to "camp" after we waited so long for this game? We loved ofp, thats why we play arma and not CSS smile_o.gif

Argh I guess it was never gonna be the same... Lets all play like we're over 60 yay.gif

I'm speechless. Must be my old age. icon_rolleyes.gif

This is why I've lately began ranting about the evils of CTF and why it should go the way of the Dodo.

Everything you've pointed out seems like a plus in my book.

Biased poll -> close

Exactly, when you negate some alternatives and don't even offer others that are obvious answers in the poll -- it's an idiotic poll, and obviously predjudiced.

Even the way this poll posits the question is bad...

mad_o.gif

this is probably, because 90% that have posted here are coop players that love killing ai, i myself and probably most of the ofp ctf players prefer killing online players, and not ai, so from now on plz ctf players vote and not coop, campers etc thanks. p.s anybody can kill ai, but killing a online ctf player with skill is more fun for me personally and more challenging

1) You *CAN* already walk and shoot at the same time. Just look through the scope and walk.

Or push the "Shift" key.

The harder you push, the slower you walk icon_rolleyes.gif

HIGHLANDER @ Dec. 19 2006,18:30)]this is probably, because 90% that have posted here are coop players that love killing ai, i myself and probably most of the ofp ctf players prefer killing online players, and not ai, so from now on plz ctf players vote and not coop, campers etc thanks. p.s anybody can kill ai, but killing a online ctf player with skill is more fun for me personally and more challenging

Translation :

"only people thinking like me are allowed to vote here"

Maybe, maybe, these 90% represent the ArmA playing population? icon_rolleyes.gif

2) You don't fire a gun while running around or even walking fastly in reality. Only Sylvester Stallone has mastered firing a 20mm minigun out of his waist while jumping over hurdles.

what you telling me in real life you cant run and shoot? blah.... I think anyone in real life can do this, bullets wont be straight but you can do it.

what you telling me in real life you cant run and shoot? blah.... I think anyone in real life can do this, bullets wont be straight but you can do it.

If its not effective, why even bother putting it in? You can also slit you wrists in real life, but the game doesn't let you do it. Boohoo. icon_rolleyes.gif

Theres far more useful things that BIS could add/fix than shooting while running.

HIGHLANDER @ Dec. 19 2006,18:30)]this is probably, because 90% that have posted here are coop players that love killing ai, i myself and probably most of the ofp ctf players prefer killing online players, and not ai, so from now on plz ctf players vote and not coop, campers etc thanks. p.s anybody can kill ai, but killing a online ctf player with skill is more fun for me personally and more challenging

This statement makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever; it's a complete non-sequitur. Are you saying you're some kind of magical arcade death-matching Fan that wants ArmA to be more like Counter-Strike or Unreal Tournament 2004?

Christ, if that's what you want, you picked the wrong game for that kind of default play. Get off your pertard and make a mod for ArmA to get what you want for you and your Pals, it's not hard.

icon_rolleyes.gif

nope, i never played CSS, i just want it to be like ofp or very simmilar, with improvments, not totally changing the anim movements, arma is like a totally diffrnet game in multiplay ctfs now sad_o.gif , and yes for the record i was a run and gun rambo in ofp yay.gif

Someone should just create an OFP mod for ARMA

That would be the best thing i think!

HIGHLANDER @ Dec. 19 2006,12:30)]this is probably, because 90% that have posted here are coop players that love killing ai, i myself and probably most of the ofp ctf players prefer killing online players, and not ai, so from now on plz ctf players vote and not coop, campers etc thanks. p.s anybody can kill ai, but killing a online ctf player with skill is more fun for me personally and more challenging

You know your probably right, but man the feck up and either switch games, switch playing style or mod it yourself and don't come crying because YOU don't like the direction this SIM has went in. This is THE game for CO-OP. You want run and gun get something else. Also you can kill players online without stooping to play CTF or DM.

just doubletab your laft shiftbutton and walk - this way your run is raised, and you can quickly fire. But I can't take the poll seriuse - it's to biase

HIGHLANDER @ Dec. 19 2006,19:30)]this is probably, because 90% that have posted here are coop players that love killing ai, i myself and probably most of the ofp ctf players prefer killing online players, and not ai, so from now on plz ctf players vote and not coop, campers etc thanks. p.s anybody can kill ai, but killing a online ctf player with skill is more fun for me personally and more challenging

You know, adversial games without respawn using things like spotters, fire support, combined arms, mortars or.. god forbid.. teamplay are entirely possible and, in fact, quite challenging. In fact id say even more challenging than this:

ctfflowcharteh5.png

Enzei, that chart most likely represents you. Just because your not good enough to play against a "human player" doesn't mean we are all like you.

ARMA's not coop only you know. Well so far it looks like it, but it will only affect the game in a negative way.