Sign in to follow this  
S.O.S

East Wepons vs West Weapons

Totaly unfair I must say. East weapons, especially the only available and used ak versions suck ass and sound gay.

west saw vs east pk: realistic but i think they should be more fair for both sides which would improve the playability for both sides.

Totaly unfair I must say. East weapons, especially the only available and used ak versions suck ass and sound gay.

west saw vs east pk: realistic but i think they should be more fair for both sides which would improve the playability for both sides.

Oh quit yer cryin. Life itself isn't fair. Get used to it. smile_o.gif

Just gimme a piece of wire and freak'n knife and Ill kill em all.

-Future weapons addons will balance them out if anything, have patience and just play the BLUFOR if ya can't win with the OPFOR weapons.

PS:

Sounds a little like you got "pwned". pistols.gif

I glad you pointed out that while not fair at least it's probably realistic.

Many third world countries ended up with the Ak due to the fact thats it's a cheap and very reliable weapon. Hard hitting and low Maintenance.

But Sahrani is a unique country and they may very well have had trade with countries other than Russia. This would give them acess to a variety of the worlds weapons.

I'm sure this will show up in future mods. Until then you can play with a disadvantage or allow all weapons to be used by all players I guess.

Good Luck

play the BLUFOR if ya can't win with the OPFOR weapons.

PS:

Sounds a little like you got "pwned". pistols.gif

Actually im playing opfor on purpose mostly because its a bigger challenge then the most players in this game.

Since this is a tactic-shooter it shouldnt matter so much anyways I just wanted to say that theres a big gap between east and west weapons which could be a shorten a bit in favor for the playability.

I dont like it when weapons are balanced just for fairness sake. It's not like that in real life either!

Besides, I reckon that the AK74 the North Saharni's carry is alot better weapon then the M4. Packs a bigger punch.

Scillion, you forget that most of these "unfriendly" countries that own Russian designed small arms tend to follow Soviet army doctrine. It fit their government's personality and it was cheap for them to integrate the standard Soviet designed military structure. That focus was to form an army that traded quality for mass quantity of forces to quickly overwelm and defeat their adversary.

A good analogy to that would be how the Nazi's pursued their early offensive by using "Blitzkrieg" tactics, but the German's in World War II were better trained than the North Saharni army relatively.

Simply put Scillion, if you want a weaponary balance, play a board game.

If you want realism, play WGL OFP or Armed Assault.

I've noticed the sights are more screwy with the east weapons.

PK sight is WAY low, AK sight is slightly high (the front sight posts also seem to be missing/very hard to see). This is VERY noticeable in AI vs. AI combat, east troops tend to get rocked at range (CRAZY M249) while US troops are mowed down up close (full-auto AKs ...)

The recoil also seems a bit strange, on both sides weapons. The second or third shot in a rapid semi-auto burst hits in front of the target, shouldn't it pull up and to the right (no left-handed people in ArmA!wink_o.gif?

Hopefully the weapon sights are 'fine tuned' in the coming patches, especially the M4A1 and PK sights, IMO they are the worst right now.

Besides, I reckon that the AK74 the North Saharni's carry is alot better weapon then the M4. Packs a bigger punch.

If you were talking about the AK47, then yes this would be true.

The 74, however, fires a 5.45x39 round, which is smaller in both caliber and charge than the NATO 5.56x45 round.

What practical problems in particular do you have with the

AK 74 in the game (apart from the poor sight-picture it has,

especially with "post-processing" on)?  I don't seem to have

too much trouble using it. It seems to me to be "realistically"

inaccurate and gives a decent impression of the feel of using

the thing in the field. Remember it's the archetypal assault

rifle (IIRC the original Soviet designation for it was as

a "submachine-gun") designed for putting down a large

volume of fire at close to moderate ranges in accordance

with Soviet tactical doctrine. The M16 on the other hand

seems to have originally been designed in the 1960s as a

rifle for someone who values individual marksmanship a bit more.

I don't mind their weapons; the biggest thing that annoys me

about the "OPFOR" in ArmA is those bare steel helmets they

wear! Come on boys! What about the elementary principles of

camouflage; "shape, shine, shadow..."!?  wink_o.gif

I prefer the East Side weapons in Arma just like OFP I have a easy time killing with them

It doeesnt matter what weapons you have, its how you make use of them that counts.

no point in having advanced weapons if you have no clue how to best employ them. If thats the case, the side thats less advanced but better skilled will always win.

The difference of the weapon arsenals in OFP was a lot more diversified. But that's exactly what made it interesting.

I've read something in another thread which I think describes it best: "Game balance should not be a matter of the programmer, but of the mission designer"

You can't have both, a realistic warfare simulation AND balanced weapons. In so far I have to agree with some of the guys above me. Life ain't fair !

Only problem I had with the weapons is that the best AT weapons are Light ones, M136 and RPG, no Kornets are Javelins :/

Also about the AK's, i've used them for almost all of the campaign and they are great.

Also why does the M4 only have burst? o.0

Classic M4 confusion on behlaf of either the dev's or the users.

The M4 (A0) should be semi/burst

The M4A1 should be semi/full.

In theory, any model with a removable carry handle (or flat top with a RIS mounted optic) should be semi/full, any model with a fixed carry handle should be semi/burst.

Its not nice to play a public game when the majority goes west instead east which is allready in the disadvantage (best example the pk vs m249).

In theory, any model with a removable carry handle (or flat top with a RIS mounted optic) should be semi/full, any model with a fixed carry handle should be semi/burst.

Americans should have just done:

M4A1 - Semi/Burst

M4A2 - Semi/Full

Hope this confusion gets soughted out soon! confused_o.gif

On the other hand, the OPFOR is better off in terms of most vehicles:

BMP2 is in several ways preferable to the Stryker variants due to armor, "amphibiousness", and the fact that it combines weapons that beats the weaponssystems of all the 3 stryker variants.

BRDM2 ATGM is better than the Hummer with TOW due to armor, "amphibiousness" and 5 missiles ready instead of 1.

BRDM2 is better than the Hummer with M2 due to armor, "amphibiousness", better maingun and a light machingun for infantry.

M1A1 and T72 is about equal in the game

KA50 is better than the Supercobra i terms of number of guided rockets.

I really understood that all good armies follow a doctrin. You won't find professional armies allowing their soilders to use personal weapon's of choices.

You could however change their doctrin to include another countries influence. Or even change it completely to chinese or some such thing.

If you stick with the premise of the game your stuck with the Soviet military structure. If you altar that premise you have a MOD.

Iran uses a mix of American, German, Russian and self-built weapons, seems like WOC over there.

The vehicles are somewhat unrealistic. I haven't tested the M1A1 vs T72 match up; and it depends entirely on the age of the tanks in question, but, any modern M1A1 should easily "beat" the SLA T72.

Besides, why are A1's in the game anyway? I thought all have been upgraded to the A2 variant by now?

Well, they are using Vulcans. tounge2.gif

I don't mind if the East side weapons are worse then the Western weapons, as long as the attention to detail and realism is consistant.

The vehicles are somewhat unrealistic. I haven't tested the M1A1 vs T72 match up; and it depends entirely on the age of the tanks in question, but, any modern M1A1 should easily "beat" the SLA T72.

Besides, why are A1's in the game anyway? I thought all have been upgraded to the A2 variant by now?

T72 is hard to judge but in the hands of Russians its deadly, DU rounds and latest FCS/FLIR. Hard to say whether North Regime would have had access to them or not.

Many countries still use the M1A1 so......

I think the mod community will add all the extra stuff we need etc.

Americans should have just done:

M4A1 - Semi/Burst

M4A2 - Semi/Full

Hope this confusion gets soughted out soon!  confused_o.gif

Why? That makes no sense at all. The M4 (can also be called M4A0, it's the original unmodified M4 model) is (supposedly) the carbine version of the M16A2, which is also semi/burst. The A1 model is the first modification of it, which included a S-1-F (semi/full auto) trigger group instead of S-1-3.

Its not nice to play a public game when the majority goes west instead east which is allready in the disadvantage (best example the pk vs m249).

You're right! "War is not nice!" - Barbra Bush" biggrin_o.gif

Sounds like a BF2 refugee talking. Am I mistaken? This ain't BF2 son. A lot of OFP/ArmA players take pride in winning from a deficit. That's why they don't play BF2.

"You want Stevie Wonder? Go to the mall!" - Jack Black, High Fidelity

Deftones - Elite

When you're ripe you'll

bleed out of control

you'll bleed out of control

you like attention

it's proof to you you're alive

stop parading your angles

confused?

you'll know when you're ripe