Sign in to follow this  
craigsa

Multiplayer tech issue

Hi guys sorry if this is in the wrong place but here goes:

I am hosting a game on my lan for the first time and my mates machine cannot see the game. Firewalls on both machines are off, virus software off, we can browse each others machines no problem.

It doesnt matter who hosts, we cannot see each other and the ports on standard 2032.

Please can someone help?

Runnin german version 1.02 patched to english.

Thanks

You mean where it says port at the bottom? Yes when i select that it asks for IP address and port number which i eneter and then click ok and still nadda sad_o.gif

Actually it say's "Remote". I was wondering if your putting your lan ip in, it should start 192.168.1.(last is lan assigned#) if your using windows home networking. If your using a router networking from your isp....the host lan ip may be different. The router itself may need to be setup to allow the lan party connections.

If you look in your "My Connections" and double click the connection to the internet, then support tab, it should show the "lan ip".

Just to be sure, do not use the "filter" option to try to see the server, it only filters the Gamespy browser list, and since you're on a LAN, you neither send updates to gameSpy, nor browse it.

Be sure to use the "remote" button.

You probably allready did it correctly, just the only thing I can think about why it doesn't work.

This, or the server is not set on port 2302

Thanks will try it

After reinstalling 2 operating systems - everything is working banghead.gif

When hosting a net game for some bizarre reason, my mates cant connect through Remote like we did in OFP (Direct Play sorta thing), my game comes up on the main Server list as 'Rommul on Daniel'... ehehe.

This deliberate? wow_o.gif

I wish i could help you unfortunately after 5 hours of troubleshooting, we just reinstalled windows and everything worked then. WIERD !!