Sign in to follow this  
Stag

Serious controller problem

This may be a problem with my controller software, but regardless, it started when ArmA was installed, so I'm posting here as well as the CH Hangar regarding the problems I'm having.

I got Armed Assault last week, and had a bit of a problem getting my CH gear (Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals to work. ArmA doesn't recognise multiple controllers, so I tried combining the three using CHCM4.1. It didn't work. After a lot of tweaking for ArmA in general, I even went so far as to reinstall XP64 Pro, and for a few hours Everything worked as it should, but the next time I switched on, not only could I not access the profile I'd created for ArmA, I couldn't load anything for any of my other sims.

The trouble started with ArmA, but has since gone beyond that to effect every title I've got

Help?

AMD64 4200 X2

ASUS A8-N Premium Motherboard

2 Gig DDR400

2 6800 Ultra SLI

Windows XP64 Pro

400 Gig SATA

But ArmA did recognise the three controllers when they were combined into one by CHCM, the CH controller software. Even OFP does that. The problem is that when I first installed ArmA, it did only go for the most complex controller (Pro Throttle). After a lot of work it recognised the combined controller, but now it doesn't again, and all of my other profiles have ceased to be recognised as well.

Okay, it may very well be a problem with CH's software, but my point is that CHCM worked perfectly well right up to the point when I installed ArmA. Now you can tell me it's CH's baby, but at the end of the day all the problems I'm experiencing now stemmed from installing ArmA. Don't you think that it's something BIS should be made aware of?

Problem solved. It was down to CHCM, though something in ArmA highlighted the problem.

All appears to work fine now. smile_o.gif