Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Murray

Artillery Support

Mr Murray,

i am sure that I being stupid, family trait I am afraid! I can only get your great arty examle to work in single missions, what am I doing wrong?

MAj

Maybe I missed the answer within this topic but does this script work in MP?

Thanks.

Hey Duke...

It works in MP, too!

Try this one Arty MP

@majepw

Which version are u using for your mission?

Use this one: Arty SP

Regards

Mr-Murray

Thanks very much Mr. Murray, I'll be trying it shortly and will get back to you notworthy.gif

Just out of curiousity, does this script also allow for artillery to fire even though it is not called for?

Essentially, I'd like to load the mission with artillery landing in the general area but I'd prefer for it to happen at mission load instead of calling for it.

Thanks again!

How do I get artillery working in missions designed with the editor? So far it works only with the example given.

@Duke

SP-Example.

Your artillery fires by your request.

If you or your units are detected by east in the trigger area the east ari will fire to this position automatically.

@Törni

Import this temp-mission with the files in your mission. That´s all wink_o.gif

Regards,

Mr-Murray

Ok. Thanks. Figured it out that the files should be copied manually to the user missions folder. That's why it did not show up.

Works like a dream. Some errs on the muzzle brake animations with some of the guns. They do not always follow the barrel. Muzzle brake points to the sky while the barrel goes downward???

Has no effect on game untionality however. Purely matter of esthetics.

To make the arty work in SP mode for Eastern block in a similar fashion, I guess that I just make opfor as player (changes then green) and edit manually the script parts refering to U.S howizer to D30 and give correct variables to D30 howizers with the editor (W1 to W6 or how many one wants to have them).

No need to reply, that's just how it goes biggrin_o.gif Next I definately want to increase the lethality of arty rounds.

The more I do editing, the more I like this game

Anyone know how to add a timer between shots with this artillery script? I don't need anything fancy- is it a delay within the script or something else? For some reason I can't figure it out.

I would like to know:

A: how do I add more pieces, if I add them myself in the editor they dont do anything.

B: how can you change how many salvos they fire per call?

sorry if these are dumb Q:s/

You have to edit the script manually by adding more entries as needed. So far there are six guns, each named W1 to W6. You have to also give a corresponding variable name to each new gun so that the script can control them. Do this in editor by double clicking each new gun in unit mode. Enter the needed variable to corresponding place. You can see an example by inspecting one of the guns that is firing.

You can also alter the script manually so that it controls D30 howizers if you wish. Done that and it works ok biggrin_o.gif

This is a very nice script.  Thanks, Mr. Murray!

I've altered it a bit for a mission I'm working on -- added a dialogue between the caller and the battery group leader, and also added a second battery for West available via Radio Bravo.  This all works fine.

The problem I'm seeing, though, is that some of the functionality is not working on a dedicated server.  I'm guessing this has something to do with global/local running of the various scripts, but I haven't mastered that concept yet so I'm not sure.  Specifically, I'm not seeing the "crosshair" appear on the map when I place the impact coordinate, I'm not hearing the "Ari" sound (when the rounds come "whoosing" in before impact), and I'm not seeing the dust rings appear on impact.

If anyone has any thoughts as to how I might tweak things to get everything working, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

As far as I can tell from looking at your script, the guns don't actually aim correctly at the target.

They simply aim 5 km over the target and then you place the shell over the target through the script.

Too bad. Would have been much cooler if the guns actually fired at the target huh.gif

the only thing that bugs me about it is that there is no reaction by the AI to the artillery... you can set 20 AI out in a field and drop a shell right next to them and they will just stand there.. they dont react to it at all..

is there a way to mod the script to make them react as though they are being fired upon?

I am also having the same issue as Strag

Cant see any crosshair and after a while it just stopped working all together.

Mr Murray can you help with this

Wedge

Sorry was very busy in the last time.

What you meaning? SP or MP?

Regards,

Mr-Murray

What you meaning? SP or MP?

Mr-Murray, the issues Wedge and I are seeing are in MP on a dedicated server.  I'd really like to get this working correctly, as my community only plays missions hosted on dedicated servers.

Thanks for your time.

I'm having a problem with the airstrike script.

It works great in it's original position over Paraiso, but on trying to move it anywhere else on the map I can't get the Harrier to fly anywhere near where I want it.

I've tried adjusting the parameters as suggested in the readme file but not really knowing what I'm doing with them it's almost impossible to get things set up as I'd like.

Could you possibly give me a quick "newbie friendly" guide to how to adjust those parameters to move the direction of flight and drop point position?

I have tested this several times. Yes it works on perview and when self hosting, however on MP on a dedicated server, the object only fires at the markers to the west of the map.

I'm at work therefore I can't remember the markers. But the shells drop right off the cost into the water to the west of Arcadia. I even put the orginal pbo on the server and it didn't work, again shells dropped into the water located in the lower west of the island.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>HELP!</span>

Im trying to use this MP artillery (<span style='color:blue'>only the EAST side</span>) but using a Trigger instead for its activation..

what codes and lines do i need to change? and for what?

I don't want to have to click on the map, instead i want a trigger to do that work firing to a certain area "marker" already added in editor. Maybe 3 markers as destination (random selection) but only one will be selected randomly.

ari.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#loop

@(fire2)

ERadio say "Rauschen"

fire2=false

?(!(local server)):exit

~ Random 10

[E1,EATarget] exec "eastari\feuer.sqs"

[E2,EATarget] exec "eastari\feuer.sqs"

[E3,EATarget] exec "eastari\feuer.sqs"

[E4,EATarget] exec "eastari\feuer.sqs"

[E5,EATarget] exec "eastari\feuer.sqs"

[E6,EATarget] exec "eastari\feuer.sqs"

~6

~6

~2

"EFirepoint" setmarkerpos [0,0]

goto "loop"

setfire.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">setfire2=true

titletext ["Click on the map to set your firedirection","plain down"]

onMapSingleClick "EATarget setpos _pos;setfire2=false"

@!setfire2

[] exec "eastari\ari.sqs"

"EFirepoint" setmarkerpos getpos EATarget

fire2=true

publicvariable "fire2"

publicvariable "ATarget"

onMapSingleClick ""

titletext ["","plain down"]

exit

feuer.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">~Random 2

_K = _this select 0

_Z = _this select 1

_X = Getpos _Z select 0

_Y = Getpos _Z select 1

_K DoWatch [_X,_Y,5000]

_A =_K Ammo "D30"

~5

_K fire "D30"

@ _A > _K Ammo "D30"

_K exec "eastari\artismoke.sqs"

~2

_N = nearestObject [_K,"HeatD30"]

_X = _X+((Random 60)-40)

_Y = _Y+((Random 60)-40)

_H = "HeliHEmpty" CreateVehicle [_X,_Y]

~1

_H say "Ari"

~1

_N setpos [_X,_Y,0]

"SH_125_HE" CreateVehicle [_X,_Y,0]

_H exec "eastari\artismoke.sqs"

~0.5

deleteVehicle _H

exit

edit: NVM. ive done it smile_o.gif

I'm trying to make the cannons fire GBU_12's for extra power. I only want 3 cannons to fire, though. It's been edited because I want Light Artillery (unmodified Mr-Murray script) and Heavy Artillery (the modified one). I tried contacting Mr-Murray, but no luck. Here's a copy of the script in case you can help:

feuer1.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;Script by Mr-Murray and JörgF 2006

;mr-murray@bossmail.de

;www.mapfact.net

;www.mr-murray.de.vu

~Random 2

_K = _this select 0

_Z = _this select 1

_X = Getpos _Z select 0

_Y = Getpos _Z select 1

_K DoWatch [_X,_Y,5000]

_A =_K Ammo "M119"

~5

_K fire "M119"

#Next

@ _A > _K Ammo "BombLauncher"

_K exec "westari\artismoke1.sqs"

~2

_N = nearestObject [_K,"Bo_GBU12_LGB"]

_X = _X+((Random 60)-40)

_Y = _Y+((Random 60)-40)

~1

_H say "Ari"

~1

_N setpos [_X,_Y,0]

_Bomb="Bo_GBU12_LGB" CreateVehicle [_X,_Y,0]

_H exec "westari\artismoke1.sqs"

~0.5

deleteVehicle _H

exit

I can't figure out what's wrong. In single player, it works fine, but calling it in Multiplayer justs brings in the standard artillery. Please help!

Hey Mr_Murray, great script!

Im currently using it with the 2 radio's but I just want to know...

How do I make it so that only squad leaders can use the artillery??

I dont want it so that any player can use it, I only want squad leaders to have access...

Thanks

the only thing wrong in this script is that we can not hear the "Ari" on the servers and smoke does not appear on MP servers.

why is that?

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>HELP! PLEASE</span>

The code is this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;Script by Mr-Murray and JörgF 2006

;mr-murray@bossmail.de

;www.mapfact.net

;www.mr-murray.de.vu

?(!(local server)):exit

~Random 2

_K = _this select 0

_Z = _this select 1

_X = Getpos _Z select 0

_Y = Getpos _Z select 1

_K DoWatch [_X,_Y,5000]

_A =_K Ammo "D30"

~5

_K fire "D30"

@ _A > _K Ammo "D30"

_K exec "eastari\artismoke.sqs"

~2

_N = nearestObject [_K,"HeatD30"]

_X = _X+((Random 60)-40)

_Y = _Y+((Random 60)-40)

~1.5

_H say "ari"

~1

_N setpos [_X,_Y,0]

"Sh_105_HE" CreateVehicle [_X,_Y,0]

_H exec "eastari\artismoke.sqs"

~0.5

deleteVehicle _H

exit

Why can't i hear the incoming shells and the special smoke in public server?

What am i doing wrong?!

PLZ HELP!

edit: i would like to add that when i test this mission on my pc MP side.. i CAN hear the sounds and see the smoke.. but NOT on public servers. confused_o.gif

edit2: Notice that i have the ari.ogg on the description file.

edit3: i even replaced the ogg with the wss original file and changed the description. Worked in editor (on my computer) but not on public server.

I dont know what else to think. Its a stupid bug.. and i cant handle it. confused_o.gif