Sign in to follow this  
Paco454

Joystick Sensitivity Adjusments in v1.02 Patch

Number are sensitivity for each of the folowing inputs:

AXIS_X AXIS_Y AXIS_Z   ROT_X ROT_Y ROT_Z   SLIDER_1 SLIDER_2

First eight values are for positive part of axis, last eigtht for the negative one:

AXIS_X_POS AXIS_Y_POS AXIS_Z_POS ROT_X_POS ROT_Y_POS ROT_Z_POS SLIDER_1_POS SLIDER_2_POS

AXIS_X_NEG AXIS_Y_NEG AXIS_Z_NEG ROT_X_NEG ROT_Y_NEG ROT_Z_NEG SLIDER_1_NEG SLIDER_2_NEG

Value is transformed as:

value = pow(raw_value,1/sensitivity).

Thanks for adding this to ArmA, it's been long coming tounge2.gif

One additional option that would be very usefull for helicopter fans is to be able to inverse the collective axis (usually Z-axis).

Personally I use my old thrusty FLCS + TQS HOTAS and there I'm able to inverse the collective but for everyone else...

The new FM in 1.02 is a major improvement (not perfect yet but OK IMHO) over 1.00/1.01 and buzzing around over Sharani in a AH-6 with TIR enabled is very enjoyable now!

Will play around with the new joystick settings and see what comes out of it...

/KC

Little feedback from myself (if anybody is interested):

Apperently you do need to reboot your ArmA in order to have updated joystick settings. I find this very strange, as most of the settings can be changed ingame (options) and get updated without reboot. At least i didn't noticed any change when modifying it during ArmA...

As for the settings:

Currently i use these settings

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">0.450000,0.450000,0.050000,0.050000,0.050000,0.600000,1.000000,1.000000,0.450000,0.450000,

huh.gif Very strange imho (the AXIS_Z with very low value instead of 0.X), but this value gives me a full working Z axis with smooth sensitivity (still very hard to do fighting with it..FFAR..but at hover it gives me good accuraty).

@ DaSquade

Interesting...haven't had time to tweak it yet but will...

Also... On a second thought, maybe it's already possible to inverse the collective by moving the slider in desired direction for increased/decreased thrust when binding the controls?

/KC

Also... On a second thought, maybe it's already possible to inverse the collective by moving the slider in desired direction for increased/decreased thrust when binding the controls?

You can invert the collective by simply swapping the mapping for negative and positive part of the corresponding axis. The same applies for any axis, and this is one of the reasons why we artificially split each analogue axis into two parts.

Thanks for clarifying Suma! Will surely make helicopter pilots happy...

After some testing I currently settled for the following settings for my ThrustMaster FLCS + TQS HOTAS...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

joystickSensitivity[]={0.600000,0.600000,0.800000,1.000000,0.800000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,0.600000,0.600000

,0.800000,1.000000,0.800000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000};

If anyone is interested in my FLCS + TQS HOTAS scriptfiles just let me know.

Now, buzzing around over Sharani below treetop level with TrackIR 2 enabled in a AH-6 is pure joy, great work BIS!

/KC

I'm (trying to) use the 360 controller as general device.

I want 'fire' to be on the right analogue trigger which is i think the AXIS_Z_POS. It doesn't work (probably because it is analogue), 'fire' only works under a digital button.

Any word on that? Can i make it work? In Elite it worked (even more cool cause slightly pulling was 'hold breath')

Guest RKSL-Rock

You can invert the collective by simply swapping the mapping for negative and positive part of the corresponding axis. The same applies for any axis, and this is one of the reasons why we artificially split each analogue axis into two parts.

I'm sorry but thats really not a good solution in my book.  So we have to remap the axis when we want to fly a plane and then a helicopter?

It was never a problem in OFP why the backwards step in ArmA?

But is it possible to create the collective on a single axis? I would rather have a single axis "throttle" as my HOTAS is set up. Right now I spend alot of time "looking for centre" when trying to get into a hover.

I am using Keycats settings(not bad at all BTW)All we need it BIS to give a bit more Rudder authority all round, jets included, People who keep saying the Helo's fly like jets need to fly some fixed wing AC sims/games before they make statements like that. There isnt a n AC in this game that has any semblance of proper rudder control, they all react the same(basically nothing over a dead stop which then it reacts the way it should)

Number are sensitivity for each of the folowing inputs:

AXIS_X AXIS_Y AXIS_Z   ROT_X ROT_Y ROT_Z   SLIDER_1 SLIDER_2

...skipped...

Value is transformed as:

value = pow(raw_value,1/sensitivity).

Does the last line mean that the more joysticSensitivity value is, the less control output we have in the game?

I do not know how the pow function works.

Tnx for help.

Okay so where is this file for adjusting Joystick sensitivity, i searched for profiles and it doesnt exist? where exactly?

Thanks!

Okay so where is this file for adjusting Joystick sensitivity, i searched for profiles and it doesnt exist? where exactly?

Thanks!

For me it is in the last line of Atasych.ArmAProfile found in My Documents/ArmA Other Profiles

It was introduced in version 1.2 only. Not sure about the Demo which is 1.3?

Does anyone use a Logitech 3D Extreme Pro joystick?

If so I would highly appreciate the sensivity settings for this device. Tried about 50 different settings but still the throttle has to be pushed 50% of its range along the y axis before the Harrier reacts. And when he does the movement is so exaggerated that the plane rolls around its axis two or three times, no chance to regain control.

thx for your efforts in advance.

quick update. I tried the settings from DaSquade (great job!wink_o.gif and found out they work just perfect for the Logitech 3D Extreme Pro. Can flay the Harrier now at tree top level and maximum speed. What an awesome game, never played so great since good old ofp.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">0.450000,0.450000,0.050000,0.050000,0.050000,0.600000,1.000000,1.000000,0.450000,0.450000,

Is there any way to change the linearity of joystick settings? I want most of my joysticks range of motion to only correspond to the center 30% of the useable range, but I want the full range of values to be achieveable.

help.gif Can somebody explain me the difference between AXIS and ROT? Might sound stupid and silly, but somehow i can make it out

No one seems to have replied for this. I'm asking the same thing, could someone explain what is the difference between AXIS and ROT?

any chance BIS give us an alternative throttle binding? for an axis where minimum position == lowest power output and highest == max power output, so we could drive helo and humvees with a smile tounge2.gif

Can anyone please explain to me how we edit these settings? Do we need some sort of editor to do this?

Sensitivity settings for controllers should be in the controller menu in the game..not hidden in some file that only a NASA rocket scientist can decipher!!!

Try Options....Controls anthony, that might do it for you, new glasses might be in order as well.

But........Controllers?huh.gif?

Planck

Try Options....Controls anthony, that might do it for you, new glasses might be in order as well.

But........Controllers?huh.gif?

Planck

Dont be a smart ass!

I know where to find the keys to change the axis..but there is no sensitivity setting for the individual axis is there!!

DUH!

Can anyone please explain to me how we edit these settings? Do we need some sort of editor to do this?

All you need is Notepad. Find and open your "<user name>.ArmAProfile" file and tweak away. Make sure you don't change it's name when saving it.

/KC

Sensitivity settings for controllers should be in the controller menu in the game..not hidden in some file that only a NASA rocket scientist can decipher!!!

I totally agree with this!

Imo, this is a total fuckup by BIS crazy_o.gif to not have controller sensitivity AND deadzone options ingame.  However, I assume that they decided to release the game sooner and without this, to implement it in some patch. icon_rolleyes.gif So I am truly expecting this to be in the next patch. (Surprised it was not in 1.05)

They should take a leaf out of the controler settings from BF2 or BF 2142....all you do is select the axis, move the controler in said direction and its done. I know in ARMA you can do this too but it seems to be waaay to sensitive...takes many many goes to adjust say (nose up)..half the time it selects something else.

New pc, new joystick (X52)...

So i tried to setup my new joystick, although some stuff is bugged in 1.07 due to Xbox controller afaik, but somehow i again have problems with setting the trust.

Like previous, but afaik i had fixed it for my old microsoft precision one, i now have again the +00000-0000+ input for the trust where the + is input and 0 doesn't respond. So in other words, i would like to have full trust input for center (50% marker on saitek) untill the end and not only the last few milimeters.

PS: i tried the cfg but again somehow it didn't resultated in any good feedback.

PS: someone with a good saitek profile is also always welcome (in the hope i can use more buttons on the sticks).

I'm a Flight Sim entusiast i flown a lot in FSX,Targetware,Aces High,IL2 an i have 1000+ hours of RL GA planes flight and i Have to say that ArmA Helicopter flight is just the most exciting Virtual flight ever only the impossibility to map multiple controller is a real pain because Helicopter witout pedals are just a big No No and almost every flight simmer have multiple controller.

BI should realize how good of a Helo simulator they have done and that to really let it shine a better Joystik support is very much needed !