Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

On an ot note how many people are becoming moderators all of a sudden or have i just not noticed.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess it's needed given the expansion of the forums but what number are we at now? icon_rolleyes.gif

on topic: Living in a 505 country sucks. tounge2.gif

But once ArmA is released down under I look forward to the release of this pack. Loved it in OFP, will love it again in ArmA.

A little update for you all:

I'm still having issues with the shadows for the weapons (i.e. they don't have any shadows), and it seems "LodNoShadow=1" as a named property doesn't work huh.gif Any ideas would be appreciated.

I've also run into a problem when using the suppressed STANAG magazines with the suppressed M4A1s in the pack. Although the weapon define is exactly the same as the non-suppressed M4A1 from the pack, when you empty a magazine, they are automatically reloaded, and the reload sound is played. Not sure why this happens, I've checked over the config.cpp for the wreapon define, and the magazine define (the SD magazine inherits directly from the non-SD magazine with only an alteration to the name, and the ammo used). I'll keep investigating.

Not to hijack your thread, but I've been doing weapon replacements and have a few working with 3d ironsights and such based on the help you PM'd me. Works well, but was never able to make a new pbo for them based on the code example you sent me Jackal. But I was able to get them working as M16, aimpoint, AK etc replacements. I posted a couple pics in the photo thread.

I was able to get weapon shadows working somewhat, but not perfectly. I had the shadow lod working in game, but it did some odd things. The model was closed, but it wasn't a single mesh and may have been too "sloppy" as I just used one of the res lods copied and pasted into the 10000 lod, then just "closed" it then triangulated as a test. I'm thinking a new model from scratch would be best for the shadow lod. I'm just too lazy.

Thanks for your help with this, at least I was able to get them in as replacements, now if I could just get my config working to make them a standalone pbo smile_o.gif

Thanks Indy, trying out Kegety`s suggestions now.

@Ebud: Fire the config.cpp over my way via a PM and Ill take a look wink_o.gif

I'll clean it up tonight and send it over. Thanks for the offer for help. I'll send over the weapons as well for you to play with. I think the G3 I threw in from the Tonal update is a nice replacement for the M16. The ironsights for it work pretty well also.

Sounds like a plan Ebud. I'll see what I can do with the config.cpp for you wink_o.gif

On another note, I've managed to get the shadows to work (to a degree), though they can sometimes look quite strange (parts disappearing and reappearing randomly when I change the angle of the weapon in relation to the surface in which the shadow is being cast). Also, ArmA takes a VERY long time to load the missions in which I use the weapons. Whereas before the use of the shadow idea they would load almost instantly, they now take 20 second+ to load. I'm not exact sure why, its not like the shadow LOD adds anything to the file size, and the faces used are still around 600 (not exactly high). It must just take a while to compile the shadows for each weapon.

Sorry Jackal I got a 360 yesterday at lunch... late Christmas present for myself (wife would never get it for me, so...) so I didn't turn on the comp last night. I'll send those to you tonight if I can pry myself away from the TV.

No problem mate.

In other news, the additon of the shadow LOD is still affecting loading times for missions using the weapons. I'm not entirely sure what can be done to fix this (apart from removing the shadow LOD which does work). If anyone has managed to develop a fix for this please let me know.

Im having problems with the sjb weapon pack 1.1 for ofp, in a mp game i get the error about different ammo cfgs

Im having problems with the sjb weapon pack 1.1 for ofp,  in a mp game i get the error about different ammo cfgs

Do the other players have v1.1? Are you the only person to get the error? What exactly does the error say? Is it with ALL the weapons, or just specific ones?

Was 1.1 your latest weapon pack, Jackal? If yes, it worked fine without any error

Yes, v1.1 was the last version of the weapons pack for OFP. I had planned to release v2.0 for OFP, but due to other real-life commitments I simply didn't have time (I still don't have as much time to work on it as I would like). Anyway, I'm assuming that thirdrm has incorrectly installed the pack somehow (maybe still has v1.0 lurking in another mod folder or similar).

I've made a bit more progress on the pack. The weapon defines aren't perfect (still get error messages in the editor), but I'm getting there. Anyway, just uploaded a few quick shots of the newly functional weapons

Image 1 - Sniper Rifles (M82A1 - left | PSG1 - right)

Image 2 - M16A2 Assault Rifles with Aimpoint and ACOG

Quote[/b] ]More l33t spechul forces M4 mod...
..to come soon...

very nice PSG1, and your M16s with aimpoints look nice too

Nice weapons, wish I was able to create something like that.

However, the bipod of the M82A1 looks wrong (the spring action is missing on the real thing). Is this intentional?

Can't wait for the rifles to be released. Will you implement the correct reticle for the Hensoldt 6x42? Would be nice to have some urban sniper rifle.

However, the bipod of the M82A1 looks wrong (the spring action is missing on the real thing). Is this intentional?

Can't wait for the rifles to be released. Will you implement the correct reticle for the Hensoldt 6x42? Would be nice to have some urban sniper rifle.

The inclusion of the spring-loading mechanism on the M82A1 bipod was a mess-up on my part, suprised I/someone else hasn't noticed it sooner whistle.gif

As for the Hensoldt 6x42, I don't actually use the scope on any rifle (yet).

With a (authentic) PSG-1 you have to...No other scope available, it is welded to the receiver.

But I would be glad to have a pimped-up version with NV-80 electro-optical night sight (or the US counterpart). That would look nice, but still have the old-school and authentic 6x42 scope with a plain crosshair.

The A1 would be much better. I personaly hate the Hensoldt. It doesn't fit the PSG1 ...

I mean its the most accurate .308 chambered semiautomatic rifle and it does only have a 6x duplex scope? I have such a magnification on my airrifle!

I wonder why HK didn't just put a 1913 on top of it...