Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

Well, I've begun work on optimising the weapon models (and textures) for Armed Assault. With some of developments recently (memory point named 'eye' to provide the game with the position for the 3D optics), I've started setting up the models for work on them with Oxygen 2. In the mean time, I've been trying my best with the current tools, and have made some slight progress. I've got the HANDGUNS to actually work ingame, they don't fire, but at least I've got the weapons to show up in the unit's hands, which is more than I can say for the rifle-type weapons. The handguns don't actually fire (at all), but getting them to show up is progress I'll take. Its probably less progress than others have made, but I'm happy with myself tounge2.gif

sjb_glock19_arma.jpg

Obviously, once the tools are released, I'll be able to correct the selections, and get the models working. The config.cpp will be the hard part. I'm 99% certain it'll require a near-complete re-write. I just figured I'd post my "progress" and let you all know I'm still working on things on my end.

Wow... the best news till arma release smile_o.gif Love your work, Jackal

excellent jackal.

I loved your seals in VBS and I will sure love the weapons in ArmA...

notworthy.gif

AFAIK from what jackal last said ther are over 300 weapons in the pack so erm a list is a bit unviable... allthough i've offered to create one

Well, who cares about a list.

Just download it and be happy when it's ready, you wont be let down wink_o.gif

Great to know we can again enjoy your weapons Jackal.

Keep us updated smile_o.gif

Loved your weapons in OFP, so i will also love them in Arma nener.gif

Alot of the weapons in the pack arent his.

great news to hear your pack is coming out. briliant.

a question on the config of the weapons - does Arma allow you to get even more realiitically recoiling and handling weapons than before? AFAIK most people in the know feel Arma weapons are pretty cloe to real so would you be basing your configs around them?

Loved your weapons in OFP, so i will also love them in Arma  nener.gif

don't even think of bringing this up again

It does not matter because he gives everybody the credit he deserves.

Great to hear that you are still on it.

The new Engine will make many things better i hope like Magazine-compatability and of course the sights.

Looking forward to test the beta (if you remember me wink_o.gif )

Hi, good job Jackal, let's hope to have soon the tools needed; could you tell me how many textures the BIS G36's A,K & C have? i keep having in mind to do some desert, OD green & maybe winter wasted versions; and with the tools i think that will be pimp but a waste of video memory to paste at the picattiny that Surefire flashlight of the BIS M4. Let's hope that you advance a bit more on those guns; let's C ya

Loved your weapons in OFP, so i will also love them in Arma nener.gif

don't even think of bringing this up again

That's just a pretty f-ed reply.

1. He doesn't use anything he isn't allowed to use by the original maker.

2. He credits them all.

Where is the problem?huh.gif?

confused_o.gif

Yes, and as Oyman was part of the reason my original thread (in OFP: Addons Complete) was locked, for much the same B-S reason as he is posting here, I'd ask that line of discussion be dropped. I'd dignify it with a response, but JW summed it up perfectly.

On topic now, I've begun looking through the Armed Assault config files, in an attempt to update the config.cpp to try and get the other weapons to work (even getting units to hold them is a start). I feel I've made some progress:

- Whereas in OFP, M16s etc inherited their classnames from "Riffle", ArmA inherit from "Rifle" and "RifleCore". So I'll be investigating this more thoroughly in the coming days/weeks.

Good to see your getting a head start on things.

P.S my answer to oyman's post was one of p'd offness after that happened to the old thread </ot>

Regards HH smile_o.gif

Well, further progress still. After some discussion with Al Simmons on MSN (read as: Him saying "Why aren't you working on the config right now?" and me not having a worthwhile response to him, so I began working on the config some more), I've made further progress.

After examining the ArmA config further, I've redefined the classes from which all of the weapons inherit their base-classes, as such, I've now got all the weapons showing up ingame. They STILL do not fire, but that will hopefully soon be resolved with some config.pp work.

EDIT: Forgot to post the screenshot of the M4A1 from the pack (it will be replaced by an updated model by Twinke Masta which has been heavily modified by me - permission pending).

zomfg_lol.jpg

I'm looking forward to your SEXY pack.

nice thing will be the 3D-Ironsights smile_o.gif so NO need for my textures anymore smile_o.gif but if you still need some stuff for SCOPES (sniper) maybe just tell me.

Do you want to convert your whole pack?

regards benus

HI Jackal

Love your weapons but something always doesnt look right. Either your gun is scaled too small or the human model is scaled too big. Do you notice this. There is definitely a size difference between your stuff and say Lasers stuff. Even in the pic above your weapon looks small as seen relative to where the hands are.

HI Jackal

Love your weapons but something always doesnt look right. Either your gun is scaled too small or the human model is scaled too big. Do you notice this. There is definitely a size difference between your stuff and say Lasers stuff. Even in the pic above your weapon looks small as seen relative to where the hands are.

Agreed. The scaling will be sorted when the weapon model's base is updated (read: replaced). The other models are fairly accurately scaled. I've always thought the M4A1 and other weapons based upon it were too small, but didn't come to that conclusion until I'd made 75+ models based upon it (and felt it was too much work to change it). Like I said, once I replace the BASE M4A1 model (and re-make the other models based on the receiver (CAR15s, M16A2/A4 etc)), I'll correct the scaling. I'll also be adjusting the positioning of the weapon (grip/finger relative positioning).