Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

Ohhh.... HK53! <dreams about playing as SAS and storming the oil rig, or the hotel in Vallejo/whatever the city is called west of Cayo>

yeah.. love the MP5s... look bigger (more real) than stock BIS MP5 which were very much smaller... not the right size i would say

Hmm... SJB Weapons Pack in ArmA or ArmA2? How many weapons are ready?You don't have to make all weapons and variants in "one-only weapons pack"!! wink_o.gif

He isn't. If you read the thread he is making several "mini packs".

And ArmA 2 is a long way off yet...

Looks great!

2 "bugs":

The ejection port of the HK53A2 seems to be too small.

The Handguard and Silencer of the MP5SD seem to be too thin.

Is one of the MP5's going to have a reflex red dot sight or an ACOG (or similar) sight. We use MP5's at work and they have the aimpoint style sight with the red dot.

Rich

AFAIK from what was in the last pack you should be expecting Aimpoint and maybe reflex sights.

The MP5s will have Aimpoint, Eotech and Reflex sights, and the UMP45s will have ACOGs in addition to the sights of the MP5 series.

@Freshman: Good spot on the ejection port, seems I forgot to enlarge it sad_o.gif I'll be fixing that in due course. As for the MP5SD5/6 handguard being too thin, I'm not so sure. I've seen lots of shots of the MP5 SD5/6 with varying thicknesses of handguard (probably some were early production and others were later production and/or using custom/non-HK parts). I'll look into thickening it slightly, but I don't want to over-do it.

im going to have to agree on the MP5 being a bit small.

i have handled MP5s and i know they are a bit larger then that.

im not sure if O2II has a scale or what units it uses, seems to me that everyone just scales things by eye.

la_swat_15.jpg

the MP5SD5 is 777mm(77.7cm) long, which is 1cm longer then an M4A1 with its stock fully retracted. i think the BIS MP5 is like around 10% smaller then it should be.

it would be easy to scale the weapons for the soldiers, being that the average human male hight is about 180cm(5 ft 10.9 in).

you just devide the BIS soldier model hight by 180, then line up the MP5A5 to 77.7.

anytime i import a 1:1 scale model from 3DSmax or LightWave3D, O2 always makes the models tiny, then i have to scale up the model without any units of measurments.

OK, I've just fixed the HK53 ejection port size, as well as the size of the MP5SD foregrip. I'll get some updated screenshots at some point.

Edit: Ooohhh, 2000th post lol tounge2.gif

OK, here is an updated screenshot of the HK53 (with fixed ejection port). I just need to realign a few memory points so the ejection port fully-opens when fired (right now it opens to the "old" size and barely half-opens).

Updated HK53

Fantastic looking model!

With the new tools, have you managed to fix the position of the units hands when holding the MP7?

notworthy.gif

[...]With the new tools, have you managed to fix the position of the units hands when holding the MP7?[...]

Nope. Its the same situation as with OFP, it can be fixed, but it requires new unit animations. Thats OK in theory, but the animations only apply to the unit I define in the editor, and he'll use the new animations even when he isn't carrying the MP7A1. Ergo I don't see it necessary to bother. Plus the fact I'm not an animator wouldn't really help matters if I did attempt to do it.

I just wish BIS had allowed holding animations that could be defined by the weapon being held a la Ghost Recon, instead of just base unit animations. Then we could have better holding animations for every weapon e.g. supporting the M203 instead of the had clipping right through it, and instead of the generic holding animations as a whole.

Ok, thanks for your answer,

I'm looking forward to this SMG pack, some nice variations of this class of weapon.

Keep up the good work mate.

notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

A little side-project I've started on recently whilst I wrap up the small details still remaining with the SMG Pack.

CLICK ME.

Its an edit of the Merc TL model from QG I started work on as an alternative to the "not so hot" default Merc units. I plan to make alternative versions of all of the mercs, but with the default head-models to enable to use custom faces, as well as stock face textures. No idea on a release yet as I only started it yesterday, and even then I'm not sure I even will release it. Anyway, just something for you to check out.

Dude Jackal I just jizzed man. Please release them when finished. Because I've been thinking about how good it would be if someone edited the merc models. I would attempt to do it but no character models open in my O2 cus of some saving error crap. I dont know what the hell.

Jackal, nice man - are the sunnies part of QG or did you add them?

They're part of QG (though only on selected merc models, and they're not optional).

...whilst I wrap up the small details still remaining with the SMG Pack.

I sure like the sound of that! smile_o.gif

Good going with the HK416, Jackal! Looking forward to seeing a selection of those in-game! Keep up the good work.