Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

Here is something more to whet your appetites for the HK416s, which are still a long way off.

CLICK ME.

After a bit of tinkering with the RVMATs, you can preview your model and textures with normal-maps etc. Its hard to see in this shot, but they're there.

Here is something more to whet your appetites for the HK416s, which are still a long way off.

CLICK ME.

After a bit of tinkering with the RVMATs, you can preview your model and textures with normal-maps etc. Its hard to see in this shot, but they're there.

please oh please....stop the teasing! haha...j/k bud...Great work!

CLICK ME.

beatiful!!! thumbs-up.gif totally lovely work, i think i can see the normal maps even, its so very big difference in some of other peoples work quality wise when it comes to textures! It looks so perfect... inlove.gif

Absolutely amazing work Jackal!, truely some of the best model/texture work I've seen period.

You sir are a legend.

Absolutely amazing work Jackal!, truely some of the best model/texture work I've seen period.

You sir are a legend.

icon_rolleyes.gif

You sir are a legend.

Not really. The true legends are Twinke Masta, the_lama and Pajama man for the base model, as well as !NC!Furious, Polygon and Stoke for the textures. I just heavily optimised the model, and edited the textures to suit my needs.

And all of you have done good work, that shot looks most excellent. smile_o.gif

Well, I've just tried out the ArmA version of Binarize that was recently released (as part of the BinPBO release), and it seems to have really optimised the SMG Pack models. Loading times have decreased, and the shadows seem a lot crisper (though that could be the recent upgrade to my GFX Card drivers). Anyway, point is all I need to do is work on the ballistic values of the SMG Pack, and make some half-good inventory images and the pack will be just about ready for release. I refuse to set a date yet, as things rarely ever go to plan for me.

CLICK ME.

that doesnt look bad, but i have noticed that you are using a regular M4 reciver with HK markings on it.

now that i learned how to smooth my model better, i can move on to finishing it.

but since im not much of a scripter, i may just give it to someone to bring it into Arma, if your intrested on my model, i'd love for you to use it.

here are some boldozer screens, there are still some parts that need to be reworked and also need to make to rest of the components. all parts are accurate to 0.001mm to the real one.

26519071426.jpg26519071427.jpg26519071440.jpg

26519071484.jpg26519071439.jpg26519071551.jpg

all parts are accurate to 0.001mm to the real one.

Uhh, doubt that.

oh how so?

i'd show you the technical drawings and pictures of the real thing, but that would get me into some troubles i dont feel like dealing with.

the important internal components will not be modeled, at least not for ArmA.

Thats a nice looking 416 you've got there Dynamax, and I'd certainly be interested in using it, or at least parts of it.

im hard at work with finishing up the upper receiver, there are so many angle changes and contours.

having a precision caliper helps alot, but its making the model efficiant and still looking right that is hard.

im hard at work with finishing up the upper receiver, there are so many angle changes and contours.

having a precision caliper helps alot, but its making the model efficiant and still looking right that is hard.

Try making m-14 receiver look accurate without having too much reference. That's twisted piece of mechanics.

ehi Jackal326, models are awesome!

just a question:

can you post here the options you use in your RVMAT?

I mean what PixelShader, VertexShader, Emissive, specular power and so on...

great work!

ehi Jackal326, models are awesome!

just a question:

can you post here the options you use in your RVMAT?

I mean what PixelShader, VertexShader, Emissive, specular power and so on...

great work!

The one I used for the HK416 (pictured a few pages back) is something along the lines of the following:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

ambient[] = {1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00};

diffuse[] = {1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00};

forcedDiffuse[] = {0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00};

emmisive[] = {0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 1.00};

specular[] = {0.746, 0.746, 0.746, 1.00};

specularPower = 11.500; //60.00

PixelShaderID = "NormalMapSpecularDIMap";

VertexShaderID = "NormalMap";

class Stage1

{

texture = "SJB_TOSars\m4\HK416_Part1_nohq.paa";

uvSource = "tex";

class uvTransform

{

aside[] = {1.00, 0.00, 0.00};

up[] = {0.00, 1.00, 0.00};

dir[] = {0.00, 0.00, 0.00};

pos[] = {0.00, 0.00, 0.00};

};

};

class Stage2

{

texture = "SJB_TOSars\m4\HK416_Part1_smdi.paa";

uvSource = "tex";

class uvTransform

{

aside[] = {1.00, 0.00, 0.00};

up[] = {0.00, 1.00, 0.00};

dir[] = {0.00, 0.00, 0.00};

pos[] = {0.00, 0.00, 0.00};

};

};

The majority of values used were borrowed from the first release of the Swiss Mod, with a few tweaks on specularity etc.

How's progress on this pack going?

Any new pictures available to tease us with...........