Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

Tack-Up @ July 23 2007,12:37)]So when is the estimated time you think this will be completed?

As always, when it's done.

Tack-Up @ July 23 2007,18:37)]So when is the estimated time you think this will be completed?

There's still a fair bit to do from what he tells me now and then. Be patient and when it comes you should be amazed, I know that I will at least.

might be too late, but it would have been better to implement americas army style, rifle modding feature, that u could select what mods u want in a gun.

You reverse engineer the engine and make that possible, and I'll include functionality for it in the pack. How does that sound? wink_o.gif

The M4A1s will come with the "default" M4A1 stock. The HK416s will come with the crane stocks, and I may add other stock variants too, if I get time.

great to hear, love the crane buttstocks and i'm sure they will go nicely with the 416's. holding off all my mission making until the right addons come out, including this one. keep up the great work thumbs-up.gif

After much thought and a lot of debating with myself I've decided I will release seperate packs, instead of one large pack. The reasons I came up with are numerous, but for the sake of putting rumours to rest I'll post them here. The first is if I keep working on making one large and "all-inclusive" pack there is a high-probability it will go the same way as v2.0 for OFP i.e. it'll never be finished and I'll just keep working on it. The second is, it will just take too damn long to finish up one large pack - I have at least another years work to get the entire pack done.

The first pack I will release will be the Sub-Machinegun pack, which will have weapons such as the MP5 in many different variants, the MP7A1 and maybe a few other suprises. I'll post further updates as and when they are known to me.

I do not have a release date yet, I only came to the final decision earlier today at work, but I will endeavour to keep you all informed.

The first pack I will release will be the Sub-Machinegun pack, which will have weapons such as the MP5 in many different variants

THANK YOU!

I really can't wait to have a MP5A4 ingame.

It's the right way to release smaller packs, if "we" want to use all the weapons, we can copy all the pbo's into one modfolder.

Do you have a picture of the(one) MP5's?

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

The only shots I've got uploaded anywhere of the MP5s are HERE and HERE. They're old images and I have since fixed the incorrect markings for the full-auto fire mode.

good news! smile_o.gif nice too see some pimped out mp5's the original ones are so featureless tounge2.gif been waiting for a mp5 with aimpoint sight for arma for a while yay.gif

hehe, i love it.

"yea i got a pic of some MP5's"

"you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!"

*displays pimped out MP5 in dead, blood spattered hands* rofl.gif

Fair one, this way we get several treats to use from yourself!

Can't wait.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

so ummm when are these guns going to be released??

J/K great to hear, im getting kinda tired of the vanilla guns yay.gifyay.gif

See the list on Pg. 24, seems like theres going to be EoTech, Aimpoint and irons.

Will there be any MP5's (A4/A5) with Surefire Tactical Flashlights?

Mainly for SWAT/FBI HRT and other elite law enforcement usage.

Lookin' good Jackal, thanks for posting the information and keep up the good work. This will be a huge contribution to the game and to the community.

Yes there will, I've modelled the foregrip, but I am yet to model the flashlight itself, so I haven't posted any screens of them yet.

Thanks Monty67t wink_o.gif

Yes there will, I've modelled the foregrip, but I am yet to model the flashlight itself, so I haven't posted any screens of them yet.

Im only waiting for your new Desert Eagle .50AE, got now one at home (real one), im just a crazy fan about Desert Eagles, hope you will do it perfect in arma wink_o.gif

Btw, nice work so far, and nice big list you have biggrin_o.gif

Sentry

Awesome, thanks for the answer. Seriously looking forward to seeing some tac-lighted MP5's in ArmA as the default MP5's are obviously lacking them.

Though I assume thats because ArmA like OFP lacks the ability to have functioning weapon mounts like Lasers and Flashlights.

Still, I'm hoping when the tools are released a work-around can be implemented.

Made some slight progress recently. Along with getting the MP7A1 ingame and (kinda) functional - i.e. the right hand fits the grip fairly well, but the left hand clips rather badly, (the same issue I have had with the P90), I've considered classing it as a "Pistol" so it takes up the Pistol slot and we wont have the huge animation issues we currently have, but it still wont fit in very well (unless I collapse the stock etc). Anyway, whilst I debate the pros and cons of the animation/class issues, check out a quick ingame screenshot of the MP7A1, and forgive the clipping.

sjbmp7a1earlyer9.th.jpg

>CLICK ME TO ENLARGE<

Sorry its ImageShack again, I'm still waiting for Rhodite to e-mail me the FTP details sad_o.gif

sweet locking weapon there! smile_o.gif only to bad about the left hand almost holding nothing tounge2.gif but i think its a good for first release or so, you can always patch it up later when tools hav ehit the streets. i hope stuff like hands can be fixed then. smile_o.gif

I've just added the MP5A5s to the pack (newest MP5A4-style trigger-group with a collapsible stock), which as most of you will know is the MP5 featured already ingame.

Some of you will undoubtably be asking "Why add whats already in the game to your pack?", to which my answer is simple: "Mine aren't 2/3rds the size they should be like BIS' effort wink_o.gif!".

The SMG pack is getting closer to completion by the day, the only two things holding it back are the P90s sucking hard, and the overall file-size (~250mb uncompressed). The first point I am still working on fixing, and the second point will be resolved if/when BIS release the ArmA-compatible version of Binarize, which will hopefully save on model-size and eliminate any useless textures and other files from the PBOs which may have slipped through my own "optimisation".

Anyway, more news to come soon.

sweet dude! smile_o.gif can't wait, i think you are doing the right thing but im just a simple addon lover that puts out a mission here and there tounge2.gif anyways i hope you get the P-90 working and give it a kick ass loud noise too biggrin_o.gif

Any updates on this project mate,

God know's your the man for quality work, is the release of O2 gonna assist you at all.

Looking forward to your work.

notworthy.gif