Sign in to follow this  
Al Simmons

Call the EOD Module I

This addonpack is not official stuff from BIS or Morphicon.

If something bad happenz when u use it dont blame me or BIS.

I dont want anybody to use this addon to make political videos, cutscenes or pics. This addon is for privat use (SP or MP missions) only.

Dont make me responsible if anyone missuses this addon or parts of it. Changing it or modidfying only with permission of me.

As usual i hope to add some gameplay improvements to ArmA with my addon, like i did with FAC-addon before.

Version 1.0 15.12.2006

Content:

UXO Module

This module adds a couple of 15 UXOs (Unexploded Ordnance/Blindgänger) to your ArmA Editor.

They can be used as:

-static Ambience Objects

-mines/IED (they explode when hit by car or when shot)

-mission objectives (eg. destroy ammodump)

There are 2 diffrent explosion sizes, small and large (only GBU 15 has the large one)

Future changes:

-changing models when tools are out

-make UXOs deactivatable by EOD-Units

IED Module

This module adds a couple of 4 IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices) and an Saboteur (for testing) to your ArmA Editor.

The IEDs are Basic ArmA objects made for camoflage reasons, Garbage, radio, Barrel and dead Body

They can be used for:

-terrormissions

-cutscenes

Known Issues:

-objects sticking half in the ground

-not pickupable from dead soldiers

Future changes:

-changing models when tools are out

Future Versions:

- Updated Versions

- boobytraps

- mines pack

Preview Video

DOWNLOAD

UXOs.JPG

IED1.JPG

Great work, but it kinda lacks things like 155mm arty shells, and also tank rounds, or things like large mortars or just green old aircraft bombs...

When I get ARMA ill be good to go with the editor straight away! crazy_o.gif

Great work, but it kinda lacks things like 155mm arty shells, and also tank rounds, or things like large mortars or just green old aircraft bombs...

Since there are no tools i cant make other models, and i didtn wanted to reskin a GBU15 to call it "British WWII 250lb bomb" wink_o.gif

its quite funny that "module" terminology is still used...

honestly a module would be a bit larger nearly a entire mod..

this is just an addon

(but i guess addon isnt cool enough?)

anyway they look nice, but since the ordanace didnt detonate you should put them in some crater the created from hitting the ground..

also i dont thing a missle will be in that fit shape when it hits the ground and doesnt detonate

cheers

its quite funny that "module" terminology is still used...

honestly a module would be a bit larger nearly a entire mod..

this is just an addon

(but i guess addon isnt cool enough?)

anyway they look nice, but since the ordanace didnt detonate you should put them in some crater the created from hitting the ground..

also i dont thing a missle will be in that fit shape when it hits the ground and doesnt detonate

cheers

Maybe you are right and i should have named it "Part I" or something.

Since there are no tools available i wasnt able to give the stuff more realistic look. But this will be done when the tools are there.

very nice al, as always your "modules" are often small but very useable smile_o.gif.

once the module exists, it can easily be connected to or disconnected from the system. wink_o.gif.

I was actually under the impression that mod was shorthand for modification. Module on the other hand, falls squarely in the same category of word as addon. But then again there is the whole debacle about the word mod(dule) or (ification).

Semantics are bothersome...

going offtopic again.. hihi

@simmons..

looks like you got the models into arma right?

so y waiting for the tools? you already can make the models look properly..

the thing about the modules hype just kinda creeps me cuz it gets dragged over from vbs1

and this isnt quite right for ofp/arma.

a mod(ification) for example is inv44.

its the largest scale of addon that basically is a "game" for itself using scratchmade models, textures, sounds bla bla

in another "host" game (roughly)

a module eg usmc1 for vbs1

provides a wide range of certain vehicles units tailored for a purpose and does not modifiy the gameplay or what ever.

its just like a large collection of addons.

addons are just simple single or mulitple units, objects, texture replacements.

in this context its the amount and the purpose that describes it.

anyway thats actually quite nutty to discuss such things...

so for god´s sake STOP CALLING YOUR ADDONS MODULES UNLESS THEY REALLY SERVE THE PURPOSE! GRRR!

:P

Who cares? Call it want you want, you made it.

Semantics police icon_rolleyes.gif

Who cares? Anyone that looks up Mods as opposed to Addons on OFP.Info, thats who. Nephilim's definitions sound spot on.

Daniel @ Dec. 17 2006,01:13)]Who cares? Anyone that looks up Mods as opposed to Addons on OFP.Info, thats who. Nephilim's definitions sound spot on.

OFP.info also has a search function which I find more convenient than browsing through 80 pages with no definable sorting / filtering.

If you want to get really anal about it, their mods section is for total modifications which makes it completely irrelevant to this module.

Thanks for your work, Al. <3 the module.

the thing about the modules hype just kinda creeps me cuz it gets dragged over from vbs1

and this isnt quite right for ofp/arma.

a mod(ification) for example is inv44.

its the largest scale of addon that basically is a "game" for itself using scratchmade models, textures, sounds bla bla

in another "host" game (roughly)

a module eg usmc1 for vbs1

provides a wide range of certain vehicles units tailored for a purpose and does not modifiy the gameplay or what ever.

its just like a large collection of addons.

addons are just simple single or mulitple units, objects, texture replacements.

Well, according to wiki, you described Module correct.

I see a modification as something that actually changes the game, ie. ECP, EECP, FFUR, SLX (for OFP) (not sure if Inv44 does that).

But sure, most ppl that do 'mods' are just a huuuuge pack of addons, missions etc. That isn't still really a mod in my opinion.

But anyways tounge2.gif

Good work on the.. Module ( tounge2.gif ) Al, it can surely be used in MP missions to raise the realism.

JW

smile_o.gif

@simmons..

looks like you got the models into arma right?

so y waiting for the tools? you already can make the models look properly..

huh.gif the used objects are from BIS and are part of ArmA already, so its only scripting ang configwriting.

anyway thats actually quite nutty to discuss such things...

so for god´s sake STOP CALLING YOUR ADDONS MODULES UNLESS THEY REALLY SERVE THE PURPOSE! GRRR!

Well you brought it up!

@ Mr. Simmons. Sorry for the derail. Your MODULES are quite

interesting. I was working on something quite similar in Op.

Flashpoint for some IRA addons.

NEW to this....

so are the weapons allready loaded with functuonal paremeters? or do you jave to havethem set up properly ny use of triggers? or by code?

i get them allready but havent had the time to try it out.

@djfrogstar: would be nice if u could send them to me, btw which format are they?