Sign in to follow this  
DrDoener

"Sara.pbo is missing" error

Greetings...

I have problems installing the new ArmA Patch 1.02.

The installation quits saying "sara.pbo" is missing.

Reinstalled ArmA, replaced the file with the one from the gzip archive from the CD but does not work.

Heard rumors that it can be because of WinXP64...

My OS: Win XP 64 crazy_o.gif

I hope you can help my or release a fixed patch after the weekend or so... Wanna play that game! sad_o.gif

Greetings...

Reinstalled ArmA, replaced the file with the one from the gzip archive from the CD but does not work.

My OS: Win XP 64  crazy_o.gif

I hope you can help my or release a fixed patch after the weekend or so... Wanna play that game!  sad_o.gif

Are you running the Czech or German version?

Greetings...

My OS: Win XP 64  crazy_o.gif

Hello,

I ran into the same problem on my x64 Windows (Arma: German version). Problem was solved by installing it with admin rights -- as advised in the readme. Hope it helps.

I have the same problem, I've reinstalled it several times, tried runnig the 1.02 patch with/without version 1.01 patch installed and still get a list of errors for most of the .pbo files when it runs the check at the start of the patch install.

I have admin rights and use XP SP2. This is dammed frustrating, its just like the patch sees my original install off the german DVD version and thinks every file has been changed. I've downloaded the 1.02 german patch from 2 different locations but no difference - same list of errors in .pbo files including sara.pbo, anim.pbo, vehicles.pbo, wheeled.pbo, etc. etc. I've tried running patch without virus checker running - no difference.

Any ideas anyone. I'm not impressed help.gif

Hi,

I also installed it with admin rights and I also use the German version

Sorry to hear it did not work out for you. I forgot to mention that I unpacked the files also before installing the patch and just ran it with "Run as", selecting my admin account. I doubt you did not try that as well, but who knows.

Found a workaround

I have finally found a workaround for this problem:

If you have a software life Virtual PC or VM Ware or a second PC with a 32 bit OS installed:

Install Arma on it, patch it, put the whole Arma folder on an external storage device or a DVD or whatever an copy it over the original Arma folder on your 64-bit OS PC.

If you start ArmA then you will notice a) that it works fine and b) that you are running version 1.02

For me it worked fine. Try it...

I have the same problem.

I bought the downloadable version from morphicon and everything worked fine. patch 1.01 comes pre-applied and i didn't have to worry about the 1.01 patch.

Now 1.02 comes along and i was happy reading official statements that the patch was universal...

I tried to first simply reinstall the game, deleting any leftover files and reinstalling. same error: sara.pbo missing.

then i did a complete system cleanup removing anything arma related in any way but soon found out that it not only yielded no results but led to me wasting one activation since i'd apparently also removed the license data from my pc. banghead.gif

I have the same problem (also with X64). I think they should fix the patch so it runs properly on X64 systems sad_o.gif

<edit>

Just being logged in as a user with administrative rights doesn't solve the problem.

Rightclick the file, then Run as... select the administrator account in the bottom and type in the correct password. Then hit Enter smile_o.gif

</edit>

Just being logged in as a user with administrative rights doesn't solve the problem.

Rightclick the file, then Run as... select the administrator account in the bottom and type in the correct password. Then hit Enter</edit>

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. no matter what i do, i still get the same "sara.pbo is missing" error. banghead.gif but thanks for trying anyway smile_o.gif

Did you try to force Compatibility Mode to Win2000, NT, or 98?

Right clic on exe->Properties->Compatibility->Run this prog. in compatibility mode...

Edit: at least that did the trick on Win2k3.

Quote[/b] ]Found a workaround

If you have a software life Virtual PC or VM Ware or a second PC with a 32 bit OS installed:

Install Arma on it, patch it, put the whole Arma folder on an external storage device or a DVD or whatever an copy it over the original Arma folder on your 64-bit OS PC.

If you start ArmA then you will notice a) that it works fine and b) that you are running version 1.02

For me it worked fine. Try it...

Followed your advise, installed on a second PC (windows 32bit), copied all the ArmA files over, that is the fix, thanks.

Did you try to force Compatibility Mode to Win2000, NT, or 98?

now i did - no change sad_o.gif

I'm also confused about whether or not this patch is even compatible now. since there seem to be some who say it's universal (i think placebo said something to that end somewhere) and some who report it's not (like that guy with the email from metaboli).

Maybe someone 'in the know' can clear up the confusion once and for all and say which patch is compatible with which version...

and to repeat: my version is the downloadable one from morphicon (in cooperation with metaboli iirc).

edit:

i also see people writing about different patching errors which might not be related... i'm having *only* the "sara.pbo is missing" error. i'm running WinXP Pro SP2 (*no* 64bit OS) on an AMD X2 3.8, 2028MB Ram and enough free diskspace. I tried almost every trick in the book... compatibility mode, executing as Administrator (altough my regular accout has admin rights), reinstalling (countless times), running the patch on only one core... now i'm gonna try starting the patch in "safe mode" but i have my doubts whether this will help.

Update:

It worked! Started in Safe Mode, started patch and it went through without a hitch. after restarting into regular mode the game works fine and shows the new version number smile_o.gifyay.gif